WC squad selected, DK n Jaddu selected.....no rayudu, pant

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Won't be prudent on many of the pitches in England. 

Can't say tbh. Kuldeep and Chahal rolled over the English at the beginning of our tour last year. They got taken for runs as the series progressed, but in a tournament like the World Cup, you won't get the opportunity to get used to one team and their players. It could fail spectacularly as Kuldeep and Chahal aren't in the best of form, but just seeing how uncomfortable batsmen are against spinners these days on pretty much any wicket, it's not the worst strategy to have 2 spinners in the XI.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

What is wrong with what he said? Would a professional sportsman who gave all his life to the sport be celebrating on missing the pinnacle of that sport- the world cup after he was almost on the fringes of selection a couple of months back? You may like Rayudu or hate him or think he doesn't deserve a spot, it is hard luck for sure.

Really...the guy says his place was deemed certain...on what basis? Just because people feel entitled to world cup spot does not mean it is certain .

The guy gave up other formats to prevent being found out as hopeless.

He tried to do a dhoni without the clout and power of dhoni .

Edited by beetle
Just now, beetle said:

Really...the guy says his place was deemed certain...on what basis? Just because people feel entitled to world cup spot does not mean it is certain .

Biryani ?

+1

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Are you serious, who is youngster who needed to be given chances in 2017 and was not given.No youngster has staked his claim.

The only thing missing in this squad is extra seamer.

Iyer was dropped after 3-4 games I get it Pant may not be world beater again 3-4 games they played musical chairs with Yuvraj Raina Rayudu Rahane DK those guys should have been tried more. 

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

Biryani ?

He tried to sneak in through chamchagiri but glad he's not there don't need a selfish individual with terrible attitude and playing with a SR of 60-70.

7 minutes ago, beetle said:

Yes it was foolish. See is Rayudu an undeserving hack in the first place is a different debate. 40 days back after the Nzl knock people begrudgingly accepted he would be part of the WC squad. Sure he might have ruined it himself. However from an individual perspective,why shouldn't he think of that as bad luck? 

I mean in a month his fortunes changed and that is definitely hard luck. what is so difficult to understand

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

Gill got two chances? The same time Rohit/Dhawan looked like tail enders in same match. 

Gotta make it count big in the few chances that you get, especially when the competition are proven matchwinners on their day. Gill was visibly nervous and the situation got the better of him. It's not his time.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

I mean in a month his fortunes changed and that is definitely hard luck. what is so difficult to understand

He was never that good to begin with, the commies praising his avg conveniently skipped the part that he avg closer to 35 against top teams with a S/R in the 70's IIRC. That's BS performance & disqualifying right from the start, was never in any race as far as I'm concerned in fact had he been selected I'd have given some MC, BC, CC to Brat myself!

@beetle ji one hand you think Pant after doing jack in LOI format and hitting one handed hoicks is unlucky to miss out on a WC slot but Rayudu who just a few days ago was guaranteed to go to the WC but missed the bus at the last moment as well deserved :laugh:

Personally I think both didn't deserve to be there. but at the same time Rayudu is a lot more unlucky than Pant in missing out. what is so difficult to comprehend?

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

He was never that good to begin with, the commies praising his avg conveniently skipped the part that he avg closer to 35 against top teams with a S/R in the 70's IIRC. That's BS performance & disqualifying right from the start, was never in any race as far as I'm concerned in fact had he been selected I'd have given some MC, BC, CC to Brat myself!

I agree. regardless of the trolling and banter,his gameplay against quality fast bowling is suspect. However disqualifying him from the race was a fan perspective. He was given an extended run by the TM and limping his way he some how stayed afloat.

Now he missed the bus. Indian fans can sure say good riddance but doesn't mean he shouldn't feel hard luck after losing out on what he thought was guaranteed a few days ago

Just now, maniac said:

@beetle ji one hand you think Pant after doing jack in LOI format and hitting one handed hoicks is unlucky to miss out on a WC slot but Rayudu who just a few days ago was guaranteed to go to the WC but missed the bus at the last moment as well deserved :laugh:

Personally I think both didn't deserve to be there. but at the same time Rayudu is a lot more unlucky than Pant in missing out. what is so difficult to comprehend?

I don't think Pant should have got in.

Only that he is no worse than dk and if they had to send one ,Pant being one for the future would have made better sense.

But a bowler would have been better than both.

As for rayudu,if he took his place in wc squad for granted based on some performance  many months back ..then one can only call him delusional or him having too much faith in his biryani.