Match 37,Delhi Capitals vs Kings 11 ,20 apr 2019, Qila Kotla, 20:00 IST

beetle

Just now, Pollack said:

I think his best position in ODIs will be opening. He won't be suited for lower order too but could have been good jugaad for this World Cup atleast where only Pandya seems to be a hitter.

Not against international fast bowlers like Rabada, Boult, Cummins, Roach. He will eventually tuk tuk and get out.

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Agree. Pant is better off either in the lower order or top order. At this point, there is point in trying to change his game 

In Ind, we don't tend to match a position with cricketers strength instead try to force the cricketer to make changes. If everyone thought about getting out, not many would go for sixes. Every time you hit a shot there is an element of risk. Even just blocking a ball can get an edge 

Going for hits, getting out, etc., is all part of the game. Anything that involves humans has an element of error or we become:

:lol:

demo models dint survive 4/5 days of usage .. stock tanked 

6 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Corrected..

Also, this isn't Dhoni vs Pant..  It is just a reflection of how Pant has been performing in the last few games.

Neither did I make it Pant vs Dhoni. I said there is already a finisher in Dhoni. So why another one? Everyone will just keep protecting his wicket then who will hit the runs?

Just now, Pollack said:

Thanks. You don't like Pant for some reason.( :hmmm:maybe I know.) And so you will see it that way. While I seem to rate him highly so I will see it my way. :two_thumbs_up:

Dude not that circle jerk again lol. I don't need to tom tom whether am his fan or like him. I have don't that before foolishly.

It's problem with some guys who question the intention of any fan who criticises Pant 

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I think his best position in ODIs will be opening. He won't be suited for lower order too but could have been good jugaad for this World Cup atleast where only Pandya seems to be a hitter.

Many folks think that 

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He might be considered for opening after this WC.. 

For now, DK is surely better suited for the middle order and offers more than Pant.. Both were going to be benched anyway given that grandpa will start as the keeper.. DK > Pant to play as a pure batsman in the lower middle order.. Hence, right call made by selectors.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not against international fast bowlers like Rabada, Boult, Cummins, Roach. He will eventually tuk tuk and get out.

Disagree. He will do good against all those bowlers except when there is outright swing or seam.