Kedar Jadhav unlikely to take any further part in IPl2019 due to a possible shoulder injury - he will have an x-ray and a scan tomorrow

Ankit_sharma03

15 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Doesn't matter. Now that he's selected, what are his chances and how are they going to use him? Earlier Jadhav was there to bowl a few overs. Now with him gone, Shankar is the only other bowling option from the top 6

If Shankar does not bat well (a highly probable scenario), he will not be played for his 2-3 overs. Ind will have no option but to go with a line up like below:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

KL

Pandya

Dhoni

Jadeja

Kuldeep / Chahal

Bhuvi / Chahal

Shami

Bumrah 

18 minutes ago, zen said:

If Shankar does not bat well (a highly probable scenario), he will not be played for his 2-3 overs. Ind will have no option but to go with a line up like below:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

KL

Pandya

Dhoni

Jadeja

Kuldeep / Chahal

Bhuvi / Chahal

Shami

Bumrah 

In that case, they might just go with 5 bowlers.

33 minutes ago, zen said:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

KL

Pandya

Dhoni

Jadeja

Kuldeep / Chahal

Bhuvi / Chahal

Shami

Bumrah 

This is good. Dont need biryani. Shankar is on/off. Can't trust him in the WC

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Pant

Pandey

Pandey no chance as he is not in the backup list. Pant has a shot. If Pant is in the squad, Shankar will definitely be in the playing XI as Jadhav's 6th bowling option will not be available. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

36 minutes ago, beetle said:

Pant

Pandey

they ll follow the rules as they have named rayudu n pant as backup players so sadly it ll be among them 

unless these 2 badly fail in Playoffs n pandey makes huge scores.....thats the only outside chance

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they ll follow the rules as they have named rayudu n pant as backup players so sadly it ll be among them 

unless these 2 badly fail in Playoffs n pandey makes huge scores.....thats the only outside chance

Rayudu has no real fans. Pant has some support. So i guess he might get the nod. That means 3 wicket keepers when the need of the hour is an additional seamer or all rounder. I like Gopal

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rayudu has no real fans. Pant has some support. So i guess he might get the nod. That means 3 wicket keepers when the need of the hour is an additional seamer or all rounder. I like Gopal

gopal is not an all rounder he is more of bowler who can bat 

Krunal wud have been good but his batting against geniune pace is worse then rayudu

U never knw in Indian cricket if rayudu scores some runs in playoffs......such tragedy can happen