#StopHindiImposition Protests [ Only for Tammys ] !!!

velu

On 9/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, coffee_rules said:

Trying too hard Modiji. I am big fan of Bharatiyar, doesn’t mean one has to pander to lemurians and dumeels calling Tamil as the world’s oldest language 

Modi atlast tells one true fact. 

Carbon dating places Tamil around 500 BCE and sanskrit around 5BCE. Modi is going by scientific evidence and known artifacts. 

28 minutes ago, ash said:

Modi atlast tells one true fact. 

Carbon dating places Tamil around 500 BCE and sanskrit around 5BCE. Modi is going by scientific evidence and known artifacts. 

Rigveda is dated 1500 bce by adhoc whim s by westerns linguists. By other astro-archeological and cross civilizational references it at least 3000bce. Paper was not used for manuscripts, it was vocal and any archeological evidence withers away in time. Don’t read into what Caldwell said

@coffee_rules You want to start another language war here or what? Or rile up a few ICFers? 

PM praised an Indian language, nothing wrong. Just move on. And yeah credit to Tamil for being such an old language, still thriving not just in India but in other countries as well. We can bemoan about status of Sanskrit but how many people speak that language? Why couldn't it gain mass acceptance? We had Sanskrit as third language optional in many schools in my city, high scoring but all kids took either Hindi or Bangla, languages that are useful in modern India. 

Though I hope Modiji spends less time on this kind of talk and announces some big infra project or high speed rail network connecting South Indian cities. Things that can propel the region to greater heights. Giving bhashans about which language is oldest, which literature is richest etc. won't do jack to better lives of people. 

Edited by Gollum

Subramania Bharati's life and achievements are so interesting and monumental, deserves a biopic. Isn't mentioned that much, is he not that popular among Dravidian parties? 

Someone of his stature should be the cultural symbol of TN, like how Tagore is for Bengal. 

Very interesting man, rate him as high as Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar, another legendary social reformer and titan of his language. 

NCERT books should focus more on these kind of legends, social reformers who also participated and/or laid the foundation of our freedom struggle. Too much space to Gandhi, Nehru. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Rigveda is dated 1500 bce by adhoc whim s by westerns linguists. By other astro-archeological and cross civilizational references it at least 3000bce. Paper was not used for manuscripts, it was vocal and any archeological evidence withers away in time. Don’t read into what Caldwell said

The first tamil sangam is dated 4500 BC by some estimates, even in some old tamil literature. Should we beleive that too? Sorry nope, I am going to believe the scientific evidence we have and it seems our PM believes that too. 

BTW both Tamil and Sanskrit are Indian languages. Why are you so butthurt if Tamil is the considered World's oldest language? Shouldn't you be proud that an Indian language is still spoken by millions and also considered as the oldest?

3 hours ago, ash said:

The first tamil sangam is dated 4500 BC by some estimates, even in some old tamil literature. Should we beleive that too? Sorry nope, I am going to believe the scientific evidence we have and it seems our PM believes that too. 

BTW both Tamil and Sanskrit are Indian languages. Why are you so butthurt if Tamil is the considered World's oldest language? Shouldn't you be proud that an Indian language is still spoken by millions and also considered as the oldest?

Of all the Tamil Sangam literature experts , even liberal experts put it at 1st century AD. In fact even Prakruta, the colloquial version was f Sanskrit is older than that. I have never any linguist or scientific evidence points to 4500 BC. That is IVC period, only archeo evidence in this region is Keeladi site. That has no evidence of Tamil. After latest excavation and revelation that didn’t match Caldwell lemurian theory, excavations are stopped in that site. Please share some claims of 4500 BC (funny how 500bc became 4500 BC) 

First sangam period - It was said to be located in Then Madurai under the patronage of 89 Pandya kings,[2][3][4] during this period. It is said to have lasted for 4,440 years, and this would put the First Sangam between 9600 BCE to 5200 BCE.[5][6]]

Also every expert agrees that keezhadi is tamil script, and some are consistent with tholkapiyam. 

Again, as an Indian, just be proud that an indian language is considered as the oldest in the world. No idea why you felt the need to disprove the claim. Just seems petty.

1 hour ago, ash said:

First sangam period - It was said to be located in Then Madurai under the patronage of 89 Pandya kings,[2][3][4] during this period. It is said to have lasted for 4,440 years, and this would put the First Sangam between 9600 BCE to 5200 BCE.[5][6]]

Also every expert agrees that keezhadi is tamil script, and some are consistent with tholkapiyam. 

Again, as an Indian, just be proud that an indian language is considered as the oldest in the world. No idea why you felt the need to disprove the claim. Just seems petty.

Which expert? Don’t want to be sucked up into this , “oh it’s an Indian language after all , be proud” . Fact is a fact. The Tamil Sangam is so much classical, modern Tamil is nowhere similar. Same with HaLeGannada. No linguist or archeologist has said Keeladi is Tamil. It is wishful thinking and borne out of Caldwell dreams.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Which expert? Don’t want to be sucked up into this , “oh it’s an Indian language after all , be proud” . Fact is a fact. The Tamil Sangam is so much classical, modern Tamil is nowhere similar. Same with HaLeGannada. No linguist or archeologist has said Keeladi is Tamil. It is wishful thinking and borne out of Caldwell dreams.

Every language would go through changes, obviously modern tamil has evolved and has borrowed some words from other languages. Doesn't mean that it is an entirely different language.It is the keezhadi script that has evolved into the modern Tamil.  You are just grasping at straws now. Jealousy maybe?

Funny you would say 'fact is a fact" for tamil, but still beleive rigveda is 1500 yrs old without any archeological evidence. Where's the fact for that? 

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Of all the Tamil Sangam literature experts , even liberal experts put it at 1st century AD. In fact even Prakruta, the colloquial version was f Sanskrit is older than that. I have never any linguist or scientific evidence points to 4500 BC. That is IVC period, only archeo evidence in this region is Keeladi site. That has no evidence of Tamil. After latest excavation and revelation that didn’t match Caldwell lemurian theory, excavations are stopped in that site. Please share some claims of 4500 BC (funny how 500bc became 4500 BC) 

There is that name again. The poster you were responding to didn't bring that up. So why bring that up unless you have a fixation with everything Tamil. this topic was dead for all this while. You just want to revive this old thread. Did you search it in the search bar with "stophindiimposition". That's really pathetic :p: you've been doing this for a long time so its not even funny anymore. so I have to agree with @Vilander of his perspective about you. 

PM is appealing to the normal Tamils not the lemurian types unless you changed your definition of lemurains to mean all Tamils. where is your gujju friend ghoda. he must have a hard on on this topics just like you.

42 minutes ago, ash said:

Every language would go through changes, obviously modern tamil has evolved and has borrowed some words from other languages. Doesn't mean that it is an entirely different language.It is the keezhadi script that has evolved into the modern Tamil.  You are just grasping at straws now. Jealousy maybe?

Funny you would say 'fact is a fact" for tamil, but still beleive rigveda is 1500 yrs old without any archeological evidence. Where's the fact for that? 

Why don't you learn Hindi? Better yet Urdu.

Its for your overall benefit.

To reach a certain threshold of cultural refinement, you need to be able to understand Bollywood movies. How else do you enrich your life with popular Salman Khan dialogues?

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

There is that name again. The poster you were responding to didn't bring that up. So why bring that up unless you have a fixation with everything Tamil. this topic was dead for all this while. You just want to revive this old thread. Did you search it in the search bar with "stophindiimposition". That's really pathetic :p: you've been doing this for a long time so its not even funny anymore. so I have to agree with @Vilander of his perspective about you. 

PM is appealing to the normal Tamils not the lemurian types unless you changed your definition of lemurains to mean all Tamils. where is your gujju friend ghoda. he must have a hard on on this topics just like you.

Yes, I agree with PM appealing to noraml Tamils rather than lemurian types...

Who cares about the historical truth anyway? Nothing in classical era or prehistory times can be proved one way or other anyway.

Tamils are always more jingoistic than other language people in India, and successively they have tried to "find" ways to prove that Tamil is most ancient language of the world...So nothing in wrong in leveraging political benefit..

@coffee_rules You must read this very good book by "tamilu talegala naduve" by BGL swamy if you know to read kannada. 

5 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Who cares about the historical truth anyway? Nothing in classical era or prehistory times can be proved one way or other anyway.

Tamils are always more jingoistic than other language people in India, and successively they have tried to "find" ways to prove that Tamil is most ancient language of the world...So nothing in wrong in leveraging political benefit..

@coffee_rules You must read this very good book by "tamilu talegala naduve" by BGL swamy if you know to read kannada. 

There is actual archeological evidence to prove that Tamil is the oldest language in India. We all know who is trying to "find" ways to prove the other language is the oldest in the universe and was a devabasha, without any evidence. 

By all means , let people prove that sanskrit is older, but until it is proven, people should stop trying to hijack the conversation everytime Tamil is mentioned, out of pure jealousy.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why don't you learn Hindi? Better yet Urdu.

Its for your overall benefit.

To reach a certain threshold of cultural refinement, you need to be able to understand Bollywood movies. How else do you enrich your life with popular Salman Khan dialogues?

good joke :rotfl: bollywood humor is like german humor i.e. its non-existent. so much for cultural refinement when your best humor comes from johnny lever and others from MC BC dialogues. so much refinement that now hindi movies are copying from southern movies :phehe:

3 hours ago, ash said:

There is actual archeological evidence to prove that Tamil is the oldest language in India. We all know who is trying to "find" ways to prove the other language is the oldest in the universe and was a devabasha, without any evidence. 

By all means , let people prove that sanskrit is older, but until it is proven, people should stop trying to hijack the conversation everytime Tamil is mentioned, out of pure jealousy.

Where? Prove it. vaila vada sudatha. Present said evidence or your statement is bogus. Your statement is as stupid as @coffee_rules. He thinks sanskrit is older and you Tamil. Both of you present no evidence and start mentally masturbating on things you don't know about. Frankly, I don't give a damn which language is older.

3 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Agree on the futility of finding which is older. I don't care about it. Its pointless anyway. I don't agree on Tamils being jingoistic. If you see from that angle, then Punjabis are jingositic as well. That's why they removed/corrected street signs which put hindi over punjabi. Its about having pride in your language and not give anyone to step over you in any way. Don't give coffee mama more books. He likes anything that garbages Tamil. I think you do too. Are you kannadiga :winky:

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

good joke :rotfl: bollywood humor is like german humor i.e. its non-existent. so much for cultural refinement when your best humor comes from johnny lever and others from MC BC dialogues. so much refinement that now hindi movies are copying from southern movies :phehe:

You didn't take credit away from Bollywood for Johnny Lever. He is from the South too! He is from Andhra/Telangana.

Recently I came across the comic tour de force that is Peecha Karo. Watch it if you find the time. Hilarious.

7 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Yes, I have read that book and even referred to it in earlier instances when asked about the language debate. Tamil oldest language topic is not new, it has been there for last 100 years,  it has a long history fed by nationalism, culture, identity and exclusivity.   There are MPs from TN arguing about this in the parliament with the same language as ash that Tamil is older than Sanskrit and has 5000 years of carbon dating proven. This then leads to Tamil identity is separate from that of Hindu nationalistic one. They are usually called with all kinds of proper nouns now - but they are prominently called Caldewell Progeny. This topic being broached by Modi that too in praise of epitome of Indian nationalism (Bharatiyar) is sad and leads to such calls for exclusivity. Sadly, this politics is dividing even areas where science is to be the basis. Archeology, geneology and every possible way to separate Tamil identity from that of Indian identity. Frenzied by missionaries and padres who brush these fires among gullible folks in rural areas.

Edited by coffee_rules