Ind vs AFG Pre-Match Discussion (WC19)

zen

9 hours ago, zen said:

Rest some of the key players like Kuldeep and Chahal? 

Absolutely not ....kuldeep is finally finding his rhythem n confidence so he shud keep playing and he ll get some cheap wkts against Afghanistan 

9 hours ago, zen said:
  • Give opportunity to likes of Pandya, Dhoni, Shankar, and Jadhav to bat higher to get a long inning under the belt 

yes

9 hours ago, zen said:
  • Take the initiative to rest Bumrah as well to reduce his workload as there are still 4 more games after this 

We cant play with one seamer , give him less overs and more to pandya n shankar at max 

5 hours ago, zen said:

Iirc, Pant and Saini are already traveling with the squad to be drafted in if required ....  IMO, they should have been a part of the original squad, which would have allowed Ind to manage the rotation and cover for injured players better

Saini is not with the squad i think

IF both come dhawan n bhuvi will be permanently out of WC .......so not happening 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Now that Pant has come in , I'd play this team for this game. 

Rohit

Rahul

Pant

Shankar

DK

Kohli

Pandya

Shami

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bumrah

In that order. 

Drop or should I say rest Dhoni and Jadhav. 

lol Kohli at 5 ?? why is DK above him ??

14 minutes ago, Vilander said:

lol Kohli at 5 ?? why is DK above him ??

To give them more and much needed time out in the middle. See how England promoted woakes against windies and south Africa with phehlukwayo against Afghanistan. If you don't experiment against even Afghanistan,  then get ready for an untested middle order  blowing up in the knock out stages. 

Quotes

"I don't think we prepared that well for a tournament like this. It is a big stage, there will be ups and downs, but we have learnt a lot so far. We should have won at least one or two games; we had the opportunity to do so, but we lacked experience."
Rashid Khan in an interview to Mid-day newspaper

Cricinfo preview

Edited by zen

You can’t take anyone lightly as we saw what happened with England today. What was supposed to be an easy cruise to semis now has become a fight for survival.

I think people are bored and want to see something new :laugh: just play your best X1 and thrash Afghanistan. No need to try Experiments 

Edited by maniac

The last time we tried stunts and experimented with Afghanistan we tied the game with them. God forbid if we lose to them, that makes matches against Bangladesh,England and Srilanka must win. Again on paper they look easy but will be different equation altogether in a must win scenario especially England and Bangladesh 

Just now, maniac said:

The last time we tried stunts and experimented with Afghanistan we tied the game with them. God forbid if we lose to them, that makes matches against Bangladesh,England and Srilanka must win. Again on paper they look easy but will be different equation altogether in a must win scenario especially England and Bangladesh 

have been saying this ..We need to qualify first before taking anything for granted . I'm sure Indian management is fully aware of the same as well.

With Pant in, could try the below as well so guys expected to play in lower order in other games have the opportunity to get a long inning under their belt in this game 

KL

Pandya

Pant/Kohli

Kohli/Pant 

Dhoni

2 from Jadhav, Shankar, and DK

Bowlers 

Edited by zen