Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of the World Cup

5 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I'd actually bat jhadav at @4 , pant # 5, dhoni #6,pandya #7.

Full license to pant and pandya ,jhadav and dhoni can consolidate. 

I'd drop Shankar 

Shankar is a more useful bowler than Jadhav and leagues above him as a fielder. Even though he is mediocre Shankar over Jadhav right now

if bringing in Pant - not sure who sits out maybe Shankar as his dibbly dobly will be dispatched by Eng/Aus/NZ. Jhadav should bat up the order and Pant to pinch hit.

If playing Jhadav/Shankar - Shankar should play up the order if there is a wobble or not as he cannot hit from go. Jhadav can be useful with his spin against Aus/Eng/NZ in the business end. 

Dhawan is a great loss. 

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Shankar is a more useful bowler than Jadhav and leagues above him as a fielder. Even though he is mediocre Shankar over Jadhav right now

Jhadav is a better batsman in good wickets and bowls spin. Shankar's military medium will be fair game for Aus/Eng/NZ. 

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Actually both are crap bowlers ,Shankar a hit better though,batting wise also both are not top class (cant believe they are making the 11 for a team like India) but still I'd prefer jhadav over Shankar for quick runs and experience. Jhadav is a bit better as a batsman compared to Shankar. 

Pant has to come in though 

18 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I'd actually bat jhadav at @4 , pant # 5, dhoni #6,pandya #7.

Full license to pant and pandya ,jhadav and dhoni can consolidate. 

I'd drop Shankar 

if the wicket is swinging or moving laterally we will be fcuked. it will be tail from number 4 ( also number 2)just Dhoni might hang around as the balls will be too good for him to nick.

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i am wondering is there any stats to back this up genuine question. How has pant gone in ODI so far ?

Cant go with stats ,guy gas played less than 10 odis lol ,even dhoni looked like a tulleybaaz and a hack when he arrived first and failed in the first 4 matches .

You just have to look at the guy ,pant is far better than guys like jhadav ,Shankar on a whole ,any cricket expert will say that 

Kohli did not had the confidence to send Jadhav ahead of Shankar against Pakistan. Again after that over against Smith wherein he dismissed Jadhav with ease, Kohli hasn't showed the courage to bowl him again ( thankfully).

People here have already written off Vijay Shankar the batsman. Only time Vijay Shankar has disappointed me with batting is when he played that stupid shot against Aussies at Delhi when he was going well. He is not a finished article but has potential.

Kohli did not had the confidence to send Jadhav ahead of Shankar against Pakistan. Again after that over against Smith wherein he dismissed Jadhav with ease, Kohli hasn't showed the courage to bowl him again ( thankfully).
People here have already written off Vijay Shankar the batsman. Only time Vijay Shankar has disappointed me with batting is when he played that stupid shot against Aussies at Delhi when he was going well. He is not a finished article but has potential.
Vijay Shankar is technically better batsman than both Kedar, Pant ,So he is suited for no 4 position and his bowling will be handy in england.

They can actually rest Pandya or Dhoni and play Pant for the Afghanistan game.. If Pandya is rested, Jadhav+Shankar will bowl 10 overs.

If Pant does well, drop one of Jadhav or Shankar (based on their performance vs Afg) and persist with Pant at 6.

The ideal line up after the Afghanistan game would be :

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

Shankar

Dhoni

Pant

Pandya

bowlers

Top 3 is a given.. Shankar is best suited for no.4 to build the innings..  Dhoni consolidates or accelerates depending on match situation. Pant and Pandya provide lower order hitting.