Mitchell Starc- still the best ODI bowler in the world

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Starc has effectively played 3 more matches than Bumrah so far.

it is not just about number of matches.  Starc averages 18, BUmrah 26, Starc SR 20, Bumrah 32.  Bumrah has not done bad, Starc is a notch above.

it is not just about number of matches.  Starc averages 18, BUmrah 26, Starc SR 20, Bumrah 32.  Bumrah has not done bad, Starc is a notch above.
Starc has already played against Bangladesh,Afg,Wi,Srilanka which are weaker teams.Lets wait for group stages to be over.

Had said before the WC,Starc will win them lots of matches,once he gets to full fitness.It kind of surprised me,how easily everyone was writing him off. How the heck did Tony almost managed to smack him outta the ground is even more baffling .

Starc is having more success compared to Bumrah this WC. But Bumrah can get more wickets against easier teams in the remaining matches.

It's not just about the wickets, when the bowl swings this Oz attack will demolish teams quickly! Pound for pound I'd argue this attack is even better than the one they fielded in 2015, albeit in much better batting conditions. Their batting however is weaker with no Watson or Faulkner, which frankly made that (batting) lineup nearly untameable.

There is no denying that Starc is a fearsome bowler and an unstoppable force but as of now Bumrah is the number one ranked bowler. Let Starc play as regularly as Bumrah and earn sufficient ranking points to earn the #1 spot. Who knows how much more awesome Bumrah could be if he is rested for IPL and inconsequential ODIs and unleashed only for the world cup?

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You quoted total wickets, so I pointed out number of innings bowled.

Bumrah has been bowling equally well.  Short term stats do not always reflect skills or ability.

Edited by express bowling

This guy has to be the greatest ODI bowler ever.. has an incredible wickets per innings ratio  and currently his bowling average is 20.99.. had couple of great world cups.. all this while playing majorly on the flattest of pitches and with no reverse swing like the 90s bowlers could use. 

9 hours ago, putrevus said:

I would take Starc  over Bumrah any day in odis. Starc is just unstopabble force in odis.

Both are different type of bowlers in LOI cricket. Starc is an aggressive bowler while Bumrah is a defensive bowler but both are successful in their own way. Similarly, Rashid is an aggressive to spinner, Narine is a defensive spinner but both have been successful in IPL. 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Both are different type of bowlers in LOI cricket. Starc is an aggressive bowler while Bumrah is a defensive bowler but both are successful in their own way. Similarly, Rashid is an aggressive to spinner, Narine is a defensive spinner but both have been successful in IPL. 

I need a strike bowler who will win matches not a defensive bowler, Bumrah has never showed up in big matches.He has consistently flopped in all the big matches from 2016 T20 semis.

This is not IPL.