Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

10 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

FFS Rohit Sharma is a middle order batsman. Why do they want him to open? Rahul is an opener. Why was he selected to play at #4? We need to see talent and reward them. Good players often adjust. Rat doesn't want other superstars in the team to challenge his hegemony. The fcker is keen on destroying Indian cricket.

it is easier for a MO bat to do well as opener, reverse isnt easy.  Rahul has struggled in MO and he too prefers MO.  Rahul is tried only because he has all the gears in armour.  He is someone who if settled can bat at high SR rate which is what is the need of the hour.  Gill and Shaw must wait for their chances till Rohit and Dhawan are doing well.  Once, they start to decline, both will eventually come in and hopefully Rahul can settle down at 4 by then.  

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it is easier for a MO bat to do well as opener, reverse isnt easy.  Rahul has struggled in MO and he too prefers MO.  Rahul is tried only because he has all the gears in armour.  He is someone who if settled can bat at high SR rate which is what is the need of the hour.  Gill and Shaw must wait for their chances till Rohit and Dhawan are doing well.  Once, they start to decline, both will eventually come in and hopefully Rahul can settle down at 4 by then.  

I feel Gill can adapt to #4 quicker than the likes of Rahul, who never looks convincing even when he's batting on 200*. India needs to field the right talent who can adapt than no hopers who will never come good. 

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

or maybe Gill does not want to bat in MO.

Why would anyone want to play in MO when the selections are purely based on stats ? Gill if he play down the order will never have the big scores to get selectors attention and I dont think its just him , everyone in domestic would want to play at top . 

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

I feel Gill can adapt to #4 quicker than the likes of Rahul, who never looks convincing even when he's batting on 200*. India needs to field the right talent who can adapt than no hopers who will never come good. 

Rahul is one of the best talents we have and when he is in flow, even Kohli pales in front of him. It will take Gill years to develop different gears. Rahul already have them. Shaw and Gill will be our openers in 2023 wc.

44 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I just can't believe they are not playing Abhimanyu Easwaran..  He is potential 3rd opener. WTF is Shivam Dune doing in test squad??.  Bowling attack looks good though.  Important series for Vihari. 

too many openers in the mix as of now. apart from mayank-shaw-KLR, there is also Gill in contention. easwaran and panchal have opened for Ind A and done well.

Rahul is one of the best talents we have and when he is in flow, even Kohli pales in front of him. It will take Gill years to develop different gears. Rahul already have them. Shaw and Gill will be our openers in 2023 wc.

I doubt that, I feel Rahul is getting way more attention than he deserves!

Gill is a more complete package according to me, he may take more time to develop, but he plays with more stability than Rahul according to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

too many openers in the mix as of now. apart from mayank-shaw-KLR, there is also Gill in contention. easwaran and panchal have opened for Ind A and done well.

Panchal is 29 & Abhimanyu is 23. It is better to invest in Abhimanyu as he can serve Indian cricket for longer time.  KL Rahul has been given zillion opportunities & he has always failed.  His last good series was 2 years ago. It's time to move on from him in test cricket. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

So do you think Michael Bevan, Dhoni, Yuvraj and even Raina could have been easily made openers?

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Jeez, that is some hyperbole. I don't even remember one good ODI innings from him and apart from that innings against SL in this WC, he was absolutely pathetic even in this WC.

34 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

So do you think Michael Bevan, Dhoni, Yuvraj and even Raina could have been easily made openers?

Dhoni has opened. Neither I said every mo bat can be a successful opener but it is much easier to switch to opening than switching to mo.

32 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Jeez, that is some hyperbole. I don't even remember one good ODI innings from him and apart from that innings against SL in this WC, he was absolutely pathetic even in this WC.

How many ODIs did Rahul play before WC? How he played in last one year before WC? How did Dhoni and Kohli did in their first WC? Let me answer. 14 games in all, 2 games in last one year, scored more runs than those 2 I mentioned did in their first WC. People are talking like Rahul is some seasoned ODI player or a TTF. Guy was not even certain to be picked for WC and you are asking what he did.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Dhoni has opened. Neither I said every mo bat can be a successful opener but it is much easier to switch to opening than switching to mo.

Based on what exactly? You can succeed in MO with few shots like Dhoni or Raina but not as an opener. You need to be a good player of fast bowling to be an opener which is not a must-have criteria for MO.