What was the point of grooming Rayudu and Jadhav

Just now, youngindia said:

There was no one else...

Manish would be the obvious candidate...but he looked down in the dumps until the fag end of IPL this year...its an individual failure..

Rahul was not even considered for no 4 originally last year..looked partially convincing only during this world cup...looked out of sorts in ODI till this time

Shreyas Iyer- not ready even compared to Rahul..

Manish and Rahul were the candidates who shud have taken chances but proved too late as developers (along with Mayank)

Even some one from the 2012 and 2014 team could have helped...but from 2012, only Vihari is in the picture,,,From 2014, Kuldeep is there ... Samson is struggling and Iyer is not in the class of Pant /shaw

The only one who developed quickly was pant, a 2016 member and he was too young  

Iyer has been ear marked as a future captain already and was unfairly dropped after SA series. I have a feeling he needs to be in the scheme of things.

Manish Pandey is a bonafide hack. He is ok for flat pitches though.

Rahul fooled  everyone including me with his “tailunt” but I think he needs some time off. He still has potential though 

21 minutes ago, maniac said:

Iyer has been ear marked as a future captain already and was unfairly dropped after SA series. I have a feeling he needs to be in the scheme of things.

Manish Pandey is a bonafide hack. He is ok for flat pitches though.

Rahul fooled  everyone including me with his “tailunt” but I think he needs some time off. He still has potential though 

Iyer looked out of sorts vs Agar in home conditions,,leave alone facing Lyon and Zampa..he has to tighten his technique...maybe he can be given chances in the next year or so if he has tightened up..But he was not ready for chances in the last year

Manish has good aptitude for ODI and can play a no 4 role if he keeps up the form he showed at end of IPL..

You guys are ignoring domestic crickers like Panchal . There are many good batters around

shaw

gill

gaekwad 

kissan / wk 

faiz fazal 

amolpreet 

vihari 

Samson 

agarwal 

you have to give somebody young a chance to succeed and bloom

unfortunately kohli only selected mediocre middle order players like rayudu . 

Comes down to prep and planning

That's why NZ and Aus are superior in getting out of so much with limited resources

Rayudu and Jadhav got games on Asian pitches, where bounce and swing was not an issue, also not too many times had to score at 6rpo plus

Every 4 year cycle should be about winning WC

They should have been preparing a team capable of posting 350 and also managing pace and swing. We all know both Rayudu and Jadhav flopped during any hint of pace.

Anyway Jadhav should.have not been dropped in this WC, atrocious decision

2 hours ago, mani sha said:

You guys are ignoring domestic crickers like Panchal . There are many good batters around

shaw

gill

gaekwad 

kissan / wk 

faiz fazal 

amolpreet 

vihari 

Samson 

agarwal 

you have to give somebody young a chance to succeed and bloom

unfortunately kohli only selected mediocre middle order players like rayudu . 

How many of them can bowl few overs without conceding too many runs during middle overs

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/icc-cricket-world-cup-england-and-wales-2019/australia-vs-england-m190785/match-clips/rayudus-exclusion-baffles-gavaskar/2002005758

Rayudu's Exclusion Baffles Gavaskar

This is the problem with India n Pakistan- these so called expert talk more **** 

The problem with the "experts" is that they can say whatever in hindsight.. sometimes also go on to say the most obvious things