Do you believe Dhoni would have turned it around , but for the unfortunate runout?

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Just to comment on Dhoni's style of play and I am not his supporter. But I don't think he is selfish. His batting standard was just poor and has dropped to tatters year after year. I think the guy's game has dropped and he is/was no where near what he used to be as a player around 2011. He was riding on few cameos which media made it look like "cometh the hour cometh the man" and thats why he kept on getting chances and everyone including Kohli/Shastri kept picking him based on little hype out of this once in blue moon innings and his exaggerated average.

I don't think Dhoni is selfish. He just doesn't get how to bat and was just hell bent on using same method to take it to last over and try to win for India, which he probably did just few times in 100 games. 

Not selfish, just rigid who never realized that his game is causing India defeats, and hence without that realization, he never changed his style of play. 

Therein lies the role of captain. He has allowed Dhoni to continue doing his chewtiyapa with complete impunity.

India was chasing 250 odd in the T-20 game against west indies in America. India just required 7 or 8 runs in the last over with bravo bowling the last over. Dhongi along with that hack KL rahul could not even score those 7 or 8 runs against west indies in the last over. Kl rahul was well set batting on 100+.

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

He actually has had a couple of good t20 innings. His best one was in 2007 t20 sf against Australia where he started cow lashing from ball one and made 36(18) I believe. We have never seen that Dhoni again and it’s been what 12 years?

In  a careeer of 15 years of T20 you could find 1 innings of 36 ????  Itna to jaddu bhi kiya hai !

Just now, prudent_kreeda said:

In  a careeer of 15 years of T20 you could find 1 innings of 36 ????  Itna to jaddu bhi kiya hai !

And hence I always said he is one of the worst intl t20 batsmen to play.... cricket...

sad he has played the most t20s for us as well :facepalm:

Never say never but I didn't think so. In match predictor mode, I would say there was 10% chance of an Indian win and 90% chance of NZ win. Dhoni left it until too late. When there were still 5-6 overs left and Jaddu was still around, he should have attacked a bit and tried for a few boundaries. There was no need to play a pre-meditated lofted shot or a cross batted slog but there was also no need to play pre-meditated defensive shots to all deliveries either.