Which team are u following and supporting right now

17 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Why? How does supporting Pakistan cricket team affect my indian identity? People need to grow up 

Its not affecting ur Indian identity . It’s reflecting poorly on how u perceive sports as separate entity or bigger than life . I do not support any Pakistani team but have many Pakistani friends . I tell them honestly what I feel about the wars - Kargil attack , the Kashmir terrorist sponsorship or the wars prior to Kargil 

captain Kalia laid down his life for us so we can watch cricket in our home without fear of attack on country . You need to serve 6 months on the border to even understand what u are saying . 

i am 39 now and have seen enuf to tell you sports is good for fun but not above national pride.  Yes you can say that Wasim Akram was a great player . But to say you  support Pakistan while living freely in India due to the sacrifices of our martyrs is just sinful ,pitiful and disrespectful .

if u don’t learn from history u are a fool sir . And fools support those teams whose country beheads our soldiers . 

1 hour ago, mani sha said:

Its not affecting ur Indian identity . It’s reflecting poorly on how u perceive sports as separate entity or bigger than life . I do not support any Pakistani team but have many Pakistani friends . I tell them honestly what I feel about the wars - Kargil attack , the Kashmir terrorist sponsorship or the wars prior to Kargil 

captain Kalia laid down his life for us so we can watch cricket in our home without fear of attack on country . You need to serve 6 months on the border to even understand what u are saying . 

i am 39 now and have seen enuf to tell you sports is good for fun but not above national pride.  Yes you can say that Wasim Akram was a great player . But to say you  support Pakistan while living freely in India due to the sacrifices of our martyrs is just sinful ,pitiful and disrespectful .

if u don’t learn from history u are a fool sir . And fools support those teams whose country beheads our soldiers . 

BS. :no:

What does the Pak team have to do with our soldiers/martyrs ? 

The Brits killed many of our countrymen and made our people suffer even more than Pakistan . But still a lot of Indians support England and are fans of their players.  Does that make them disrespectful and sinful ? Get out of this mentality. :hello:

5 hours ago, Norman said:

BS. :no:

What does the Pak team have to do with our soldiers/martyrs ? 

The Brits killed many of our countrymen and made our people suffer even more than Pakistan . But still a lot of Indians support England and are fans of their players.  Does that make them disrespectful and sinful ? Get out of this mentality. :hello:

Brits - do I love them - no

do I hate them - no 

did they harm India ? Perhaps . Likely India got created cos of them . Did they bring democracy ? Yes . Did they bring English ? Yes . Lots of pluses during the economic slavery . 

Killing - yes Jallianwala bag massacre . Hence I did not migrate to uk . But , they were economic oppressors and didn’t bleed us a thousand cuts . 

Sorry but but I cannot compare a terrorist state to an economic empire . 

What does pak team have to do ? Go to the border and feel the happiness our soldiers get when we win .

Miandad , Afridi , Imran Khan and many others have openly supported terrorism . Day the pak team says we don’t support terror in Kashmir  and our army who trains , infiltrates and supports terrorists - I will have respect and maybe I can support that team 

Make no mistake - supporting any Pakistani institution which does not condemn terrorism is a slap on the face of our martyrs. 

False analogies are at best laughable . We were never a country and were being plundered by the Mughals till brits came over and brought law and perhaps even protected ur ancestors from slaughter . It’s laughable if you don’t read history and don’t know what has happened in the subcontinent in last 500 years . The biggest genocide has taken place since time of Aladdin khilji and Ghazni . A country that names its missiles on a guy who killed and plunders like never before - best of luck with your mentality in supporting that countries sport team .

our movies are banned there . Our land has been annexed . We are kind and share the water still . Let’s not look spineless brother . 

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Thats nice an all but cricket is a game before a war zone. Some people realize that so they don’t worry about history. Your mentality is the exact reason we can’t really have games together. Its because people like you who view this as a War. None of these cricketers are killing anybody. They are playing a sport they love and supporting there nation. So if someone here supports Pakistan they are not supporting its army they are supporting its cricket team. One has to learn to differentiate the two. 

Can’t enjoy my team getting defeated and my soldier getting beheaded . If u enjoy watching their players who improve the morale of their army , just move there . Don’t stay on Indian soil and support them. 

U need to read Patton . Or Chanakya . Unfortunately u are one of those who are writing letters about rise in intolerance - 350000 brothers displaced from Kashmir and that time nobody spoke anything ! Ur philosophy is same - pacification also called weakness . 

U can’t sleep with the enemy . Traitors do that . There are many nice Pakistani people . But as a nation their anti India stance is reflective in all walks of life - so why are u hellbent on supporting  a nation which sends terror to us ? 

On 7/29/2019 at 7:50 AM, mani sha said:

@mani sha Let me start with positives. In the past, I liked your posts on fast bowling. i genuinely feel your posts were sensible on fast bowlers.  For that, respect to you. 

Coming to this post, your nationalism might tell you to do certain things because you have been fed that way. You believe the narration and the diktats of the regime and media. You are conditioned that way.

What you have posted, I take it nothing more than gobar gyan. Better keep it to yourself. You or anybody is noone to judge and tell others what they should, and shouldnt do! I have posted earlier too, my dad was a proud and honest IAS, and my brother was the director in the ministry of defence. Both are no more. In the line of duty, they gave their life. Dont teach me nationalism. 

if you are such a nationalist, go join the army. Dont preach. Learn to be human first. I honestly feel humanity and rational thinking is what you are missing. 

Till then, we can agree to disagree. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

@mani sha Let me start with positives. In the past, I liked your posts on fast bowling. i genuinely feel your posts were sensible on fast bowlers.  For that, respect to you. 

Coming to this post, your nationalism might tell you to do certain things because you have been fed that way. You believe the narration and the diktats of the regime and media. You are conditioned that way.

What you have posted, I take it nothing more than gobar gyan. Better keep it to yourself. You or anybody is noone to judge and tell others what they should, and shouldnt do! I have posted earlier too, my dad was a proud and honest IAS, and my brother was the director in the ministry of defence. Both are no more. In the line of duty, they gave their life. Dont teach me nationalism. 

if you are such a nationalist, go join the army. Dont preach. Learn to be human first. I honestly feel humanity and rational thinking is what you are missing. 

Till then, we can agree to disagree. 

Cheers!

I am in the army boss . Captain. 

Gobargyaan - interesting choice . 

Lost a friend in Mumbai blasts . Way back in 92 . Dawood is there in Pak - supported by the cricket fraternity .

i dont get fed . As a Rajput, I have seen first hand the destruction of my heritage .  

I appreciate the service of your family . I appreciate your compliment . 

But i I do not agree with supporting an enemy institution .we are at war - war they had bled us a thousand cuts . We stop the cuts now . 

17 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Lost a friend in Mumbai blasts . Way back in 92 . Dawood is there in Pak - supported by the cricket fraternity .

i dont get fed . As a Rajput, I have seen first hand the destruction of my heritage .  

But i I do not agree with supporting an enemy institution .we are at war - war they had bled us a thousand cuts . We stop the cuts now . 

Isnt there a directive that you dont declare your colours in social media and message boards?

26 minutes ago, mani sha said:

I am in the army boss . Captain. 

Where is this coming from? What is this rajput and casteism coming on a cricket forum. I suggest you stick to cricket. If you are in the army for a fact, I suggest dont spend so much time on internet. 

Secondly, all your points sound just to hollow to me. Dont have any substance. Go study a bit more and then write. No offence, I doubt you are in army. 

On 7/28/2019 at 9:16 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Why? How does supporting Pakistan cricket team affect my indian identity? People need to grow up 

The comparison of a Australian in England supporting Ausse team doesnt qualify for a Indian supporting Pakistan. The very reason that is such a flawed concept is because, Aussies are NOT killing Englishmen in English streets. Neither Aussies are constantly killing English soldiers on border.  History is not old and even now people are alive to tell how millions were looted tortured, young kids and daughters raped, killed in most inhuman way while they were just running for their life at the time of partition.

India Pakistan is very unique situation. Closest you can get is a Israeli supporting Palestinian Team or a Palestinian supporting a Israeli team.

You do not need to be nationalist to understand that a Indian can not and must not afford to support Pakistan. Wound is deep, bleeding and very raw. Its not just Wound, Pakistan has made it into big ulcer.

PS: Dont forget to Read "Australian in England, Its not English in England"

Edited by mishra
23 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Where is this coming from? What is this rajput and casteism coming on a cricket forum. I suggest you stick to cricket. If you are in the army for a fact, I suggest dont spend so much time on internet. 

Secondly, all your points sound just to hollow to me. Dont have any substance. Go study a bit more and then write. No offence, I doubt you are in army. 

It’s ok . I don’t have to prove anything to you . 

Rajput is not a caste . It’s a tradition - Gurjar is my caste of u want to know it . 

As regards don’t spend so much time , again it’s none of your business sir . 

My points are fairly simple . I cannot exclude cricket from my daily life . It’s not a virtual video game .