India vs West Indies | 1st Test | Antigua | Aug 22-26 2019 | Match thread

Not concerned with centuries, contributing runs for the team matters - Ajinkya Rahane ,

Rahane you should be concerned about not scoring centuries.You have not scored 100  in two years and whole overseas tours.If you cannot score 100 please get out of the side and let someone else take your place.

8 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

We never had that kind of talent which the TM and their supporters expect , basically blossom into ATGs in 1-2 innings . 

No guy like Rahul has been given more chances than he deserved by TM. But he simply has not delivered.What else do you need from TM. It is the fans who think he is super talented.Vihari has been given chances too now.Which player has been given raw deal in test matches by TM.

14 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I got to say, the new breed of indian test batsman dont fill me with confidence 

I cant see any country produce all format ATG batsmen in future, definitely not 3-4 in a lineup like India/Aus has had in recent past . its too much cricket and the three formats have different demands , so its impossible for one format not to have a negative impact on other in the longer run . 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I cant see any country produce all format ATG batsmen in future, definitely not 3-4 in a lineup like India/Aus has had in recent past . its too much cricket and the three formats have different demands , so its impossible for one format not to have a negative impact on other in the longer run . 

Gill may be the one but other than him I just don't see any ATG potential.No need to produce ATG in all formats, I just don't see any good test batsman from India.