West Indies vs India, 2nd Test, ICC World Test Championship at Kingston, Aug 30 - Sep 3 2019

25 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

If Rohit Sharma is no good, why is being picked in Test Format.

Former players who have backed him  recently to be part of test team. They all can't have hidden agendas.

S Ganguly

V Sehwag 

M Azharuddin

S Gavaskar

S Akhtar

As with all walks of life, people can improve and get better.

Also watching cricket should be entertaining. Current Indian batting line is far from entertaining.

Currently India has 300 plus lead but they are just blocking balls.

PS, I am Rohit Sharma fan so maybe a bit of bias.

But I believe he does of the skills to be a good batsmen in Test Cricket

Entertainment from test cricket is an acquired taste. It is not about 10 rrr in 5 overs and bowling long hops to get boundary catches.

Rohit's strength is hitting the ball,getting underneath it and sweetly time it when it is not moving or turning. I have probably never seen a more smoother six hitter in  cricket. His drives and pulls are marvellous to watch. All these becomes Jack s**t when there is a cloud cover, pitch is green, there is a nip in the air, hard deck, pronounced seam and a red ball. You need to survive first in test cricket. Rohit cannot.he will either plonk his front foot and get lbw or get caught fishing outside off. This just does not work in tests outside Asia.also, I have doubts on him negotiating turn on dusty 5th day tracks. He got owned by lyon in the test series in 2018 even though he made some runs.why not celebrate an odi legend like him? I would never give him another test match.

Vihari had shown wonderful application and has perfect counter attacking skill and defence for number 6.a number 6 does not need incredible defence but must try to score runs against 2nd new ball and not get out,show balance with batting while with tailenders. We should tinker with our middle order. A solid 3,4,5,6,3 excellent pacers and variety of spin options is enough to rule test cricket now. We must not experiment too much.

4 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

To be fair, Rahul got out to a peach. There's nothing he could have done about that. He did try to apply himself and get through the difficult phase but batting is quite tough on this wicket, especially when the ball is new.

He always gets out to peaches. There will always be peaches. What counts is how you negotiate peaches. LOL.

15 minutes ago, nikrulz said:

Like a seasoned player?

Like somebody whose main job is to do exactly that?

Like getting paid handsomely for doing so?

Yea, those expectations gonna ride it out..

Rahul hasnt done greatly in this series but most batsmen will struggle on this pitch. Some deliveries are just plain unplayable.