Can Rohit Haters Apologize

Khota

29 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yeah, same here. I am happy he got his twin hundreds here, but I think he is a sitting duck in swinging/seaming conditions abroad. That being said, I think he prefers the opening spot in test cricket because he knows what he needs to do and he has all the time in the world. I hope he gets lucky to somehow fluke a 50 or a 100 abroad also and gets to keep his spot. If Jason Roy had made a couple of centuries in the just concluded Ashes, he would have been praised profusely and not trashed for making them at home. Ben Stokes is a national hero and a universal sports hero though his heroics in the world cup and the Ashes have come at home. So to give credit where it is due and not to devalue runs scored at home, we can applaud Rohit's efforts here which in both innings have created the right platform for his team. 

Good post.

43 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yeah, same here. I am happy he got his twin hundreds here, but I think he is a sitting duck in swinging/seaming conditions abroad. That being said, I think he prefers the opening spot in test cricket because he knows what he needs to do and he has all the time in the world. I hope he gets lucky to somehow fluke a 50 or a 100 abroad also and gets to keep his spot. If Jason Roy had made a couple of centuries in the just concluded Ashes, he would have been praised profusely and not trashed for making them at home. Ben Stokes is a national hero and a universal sports hero though his heroics in the world cup and the Ashes have come at home. So to give credit where it is due and not to devalue runs scored at home, we can applaud Rohit's efforts here which in both innings have created the right platform for his team. 

I don't think it would matter what slot he plays at home.He was just fine at home at no5/no6 too.He had to say he likes opening as there is no other slot for him to get into this team.Good stats at home are great too , Indians especially ex-players need to stop devaluing the runs scored at home.

As you said he would be a sitting duck against seam and swing.

16 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

This proves nothing. Even Karun Nair scored 300, but Fat Rohit keeps getting chance and after chance. He will be found out in NZ early next year.

Man, Prithvi Shaw has no chance at the top order now as Bewda Co is happy giving washed up tailunt chance pe dance!!

So much hate in one post. Its posters such as you that OP is trying to address.

Proves nothing--- It does prove he can be extremely prolific at home. 

Fat--- Yes, he should work on his fitnessgor sure.

Karun nair--- yes he was treated badly. That's not the discussion here. And Rohit earned his chance with extraordinary performance in the recent wc too.

And if you think he does not deserve that is your personal opinion even you idol SMG disagrees with.

And to conclude, Rohit got his chance and he scored 300+ runs in a single test match in pretty good time giving India a fair chance to win. 

I feel sad for Prthvi for the doping charges. Let him come out of it first and perform in domestics.

Hope people like you also will also eat humble pie some day. 

Edited by sarcastic
1 minute ago, sarcastic said:

So much hate in one post. Its posters such as you that OP is trying to address.

Proves nothing--- It does prove he can be extremely prolific at home. 

Fat--- Yes, he should work on his fitnessgor sure.

Karun nair--- yes he was treated badly. That's not the discussion here. And Rohit earned his chance with extraordinary performance in the recent wc too.

And if you think he does not deserve that is your personal opinion even you idol SMG disagrees with.

And to conclude, Rohit got his chance and he scored 300+ runs in a single test match in pretty good time giving India a fair chance to win. 

I feel sad for Prthvi for the foping charges. Let him come out of it first and perform in domestics.

Hope people like you also will also eat humble pie some day. 

Yes he scored big at home. Yawn ... next! Tell me what has he done to deserve his place in the current test team? A big knock in the first class cricket? And this is not the first time, he has gotten chance after chance. Did Karun Nair get 1/3 of the opportunities this guy did? Why did Pant get yanked out when he scored a century just few tests back in Australia? I do not think I have seen a cricketer getting chance after chance other than Ishant. 

Mark my words, he will suck again very soon. Jai Hind! 

4 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

Yes he scored big at home. Yawn ... next! Tell me what has he done to deserve his place in the current test team? A big knock in the first class cricket? And this is not the first time, he has gotten chance after chance. Did Karun Nair get 1/3 of the opportunities this guy did? Why did Pant get yanked out when he scored a century just few tests back in Australia? I do not think I have seen a cricketer getting chance after chance other than Ishant. 

Mark my words, he will suck again very soon. Jai Hind! 

How does David Warner do when he visits the SC or when he played in the recent  Ashes? Isn't he supposed to be the best opener in the world?

Last great all-condition test opener was Cook. Rest all are middling players. So yes I would pick guys who can turn the game on their heads like Warner and Rohit any day over other mediocre openers.

Shaw well he has to blame himself for being a typical teenager enjoying the "benefits" of a prescription cough syrup  :canabis:

Edited by maniac

Sometimes I am forced to go over the top with Rohit praises because of the irrational hate he gets. Here is a guy who despite already being an ATG in 2/3 formats with still few years to go is treated as if he is the worst player to play the game.

In fact I rate Rohit a greater odi bat than Kohli. The rules for the middle overs has changed to make it easy for batsman but opening overs has got even more difficult with 2 new balls.

Edited by maniac
9 minutes ago, maniac said:

How does David Warner do when he visits the SC or when he played in the recent  Ashes? Isn't he supposed to be the best opener in the world?

Actually warner hasnt been that bad in subcontinent

He has failed in SL n India 

But he avg 60 in BANG n UAE Both ......which is terrific 

Hows warner the best opener.......most openers are new around the world. To early to make comparisons....ur going by name 

Last great all-condition test opener was Cook. Rest all are middling players. So yes I would pick guys who can turn the game on their heads like Warner and Rohit any day over other mediocre openers.

Dean elgar has 100 in most countries , so he can potentially be all condition player 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
8 minutes ago, maniac said:

In fact I rate Rohit a greater odi bat than Kohli. The rules for the middle overs has changed to make it easy for batsman but opening overs has got even more difficult with 2 new balls.

In some aspects yes rohit is better then Kohli in ODI

Like WC he has gone way ahead of Kohli 

When set Rohit is way more damaging then kohli 

3- Double hundreds gives him huge brownie points 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually warner hasnt been that bad in subcontinent

He has failed in SL n India 

But he avg 60 in BANG n UAE Both ......which is terrific 

Hows warner the best opener.......most openers are new around the world. To early to make comparisons....ur going by name 

Dean elgar has 100 in most countries , so he can potentially be all condition player 

Ok fine Elgar might be an evolving player and good for him. Actually scoring in Ind and SL are the biggest challenges. UAE are some of the most boring wickets in the world. you mean he scored 100 in the series where Misbah ul Haq of all people scored the fastest test 100 :hysterical:. by the logic of a few who say scoring in SC for a SC player doesn't count by that account runs vs Bangladesh shouldn't count either.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ok fine Elgar might be an evolving player and good for him. Actually scoring in Ind and SL are the biggest challenges. UAE are some of the most boring wickets in the world.

But still not easy when opp has ajmal, yasir shah in those years and pak was dominant even at home

N whats boring got to do with runs, at the end both test had result in pak win....so they werent dead wkts 

you mean he scored 100 in the series where Misbah ul Haq of all people scored the fastest test 100 :hysterical:.

What their to laugh misbah plays spin damn well.....ur talking as if he is not a batsman . He tonks spinners really well if u have forgotten how he was treating bhajji in t20 wc.....so plundred spinners 

by the logic of a few who say scoring in SC for a SC player doesn't count by that account runs vs Bangladesh shouldn't count either.

Even bang isnt that easy for overseas batsman with their spinners 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
35 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

This proves nothing. Even Karun Nair scored 300, but Fat Rohit keeps getting chance and after chance. He will be found out in NZ early next year.

Man, Prithvi Shaw has no chance at the top order now as Bewda Co is happy giving washed up tailunt chance pe dance!!

well said.... now Prithvi  could be off for a while . He was shaping up well   and his 'carefree attitude because of being such young' combined with immense talent could have allowed him to play with such nothing to lose  attitude even in SENA countries, which in turn  could have produced such gem of an  all conditional batsman for India  . Now that this  'bradmanisque FT & HT  bully'  has scored these twin 100s , Prithvi's  immediate return is almost

over for sure. This 'bradmanisque FT & HT  bully'    would repeat what he has done till now in SENA, result??....... more inevitable series losses in SENA ,especially in England.

47 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

if rohit scores runs overseas then no one shud complain

Shaw neways will have to come back by scoring runs in domestic again 

If rohit fails like he did in middle ....then sooner or later he ll be dropped

If rohit is inconsistent overseas n bradman at home, he ll be kept and nothing wrong in it.....pujara is same story 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

But still not easy when opp has ajmal, yasir shah in those years and pak was dominant even at home

N whats boring got to do with runs, at the end both test had result in pak win....so they werent dead wkts 

What their to laugh misbah plays spin damn well.....ur talking as if he is not a batsman . He tonks spinners really well if u have forgotten how he was treating bhajji in t20 wc.....so plundred spinners 

Even bang isnt that easy for overseas batsman with their spinners 

But maniacs point that not many all condition openers exist is true nevertheless. Warner did well in BD or UAE fies not prove he is gr8 in SC.

Let's not write what Rohit is going to do in SEBA just yet. Let's see how it goes. I will be glad if he can succeed the next round I'd SENA tours and prove himself. 

But maniacs point that not many all condition openers exist is true nevertheless. Warner did well in BD or UAE fies not prove he is gr8 in SC.

Yea if I tell Him Tamim iqbal has 2-100s in ENG n 1- NZ 

He ll say wo koi bowlers, wo koi pitches hai 

Let's not write what Rohit is going to do in SEBA just yet. Let's see how it goes. I will be glad if he can succeed the next round I'd SENA tours and prove himself. 

same here......

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

if rohit scores runs overseas then no one shud complain

Shaw neways will have to come back by scoring runs in domestic again 

If rohit fails like he did in middle ....then sooner or later he ll be dropped

If rohit is inconsistent overseas n bradman at home, he ll be kept and nothing wrong in it.....pujara is same story 

Rohit till now has been  some what ok in 'NZL + AUS' . So it might be that he would perform even better in these 2 places and still remain pathetic  in 'ENG+ SAF'  . More importantly he is almost 33 years which means he has only some  3 to max  4 years left  even if he performs brilliantly in  SENA moving forward. That means  India still would be left to find another  all condition opener  once Rohit is done  with in 4 or so years.This over all implies , India would have all the while  played a mediocre player in Rohit (when his over all career is taken into account)  which should not at all be the template to built an all conditional TOP6

4 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Rohit till now has been  some what ok in 'NZL + AUS' . So it might be that he would perform even better in these 2 places and still remain pathetic  in 'ENG+ SAF'  . More importantly he is almost 33 years which means he has only some  3 to max  4 years left  even if he performs brilliantly in  SENA moving forward. That means  India still would be left to find another  all condition opener  once Rohit is done  with in 4 or so years.This over all implies , India would have all the while  played a mediocre player in Rohit (when his over all career is taken into account)  which should not at all be the template to built an all conditional TOP6

How many games did he play in England? How many in SA?

Same guy was the highest run scorer in Eng in WC.

How did Kohli do in his first England tour?

How did Gautam Gambhir, Sehwag etc. do in Eng?

Why so much hate on a batsman who is the biggest match winner in Indian cricket in 2/3 formats?

How many games did he play in England? How many in SA?

In SA - 4 out of 5 games....

He failed so badly in all games....drop hona banta tha but he got 4 out of 5 games so whats the complain 

Same guy was the highest run scorer in Eng in WC.

White ball - red ball diff

so, Have u seen dhawan record in ENG in ODI.....he also has runs in India and even SL where rohit didnt make a 100 BTW

How did Kohli do in his first England tour?

Kohli had 100 in his 1st SA, AUS, NZ tour

Show me in which country rohit has a 100

He doesnt even have a single 50 in SA after 2 tours not even a single fcking 50 

How did Gautam Gambhir, Sehwag etc. do in Eng?

Gambo made runs in SA n NZ

Sehwag had 100s in Aus, SA, ENG, SL (against murali mendis as tough as any)

Show me rohit 100 

Why so much hate on a batsman who is the biggest match winner in Indian cricket in 2/3 formats?

Stop putting others name be it even dhawan , rahul , vijay, warner, gambhir, sehwag, tamim, kraigg brathwite, soumya sarkar, elgar

They all had 100 outside their home condition, atleast let rohit score his 1st 100 then say something