Indian fast bowlers who should have played for India more..

16 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Do you see the pattern here? Kapil Dev being the common factor dictating to block all upcoming fast bowlers to secure his place. Kapil was instrumental in making sure India never has set of good fast bowlers. And some people here think he was a legend.

I think it is harsh to make a general statement but yes from 91-92 onward ( ~ 3-4 years) he was doing very little to do as an opening bowler. It is a trend in India and I think except for Gavaskar all the famous Indian cricketers went past their prime SRT, MSD, Patuadi, Vengsarkar, Amarnath the list goes on...   

Subroto Banarjee could have been groomed into a very good allrounder.

I used to hear Kuruvillas name for many years as a phaaast and then finally when he debuted he was a super Trundler.

There was another fast bowler who took a 5 wkt haul in Sharjah but never played again. This was in the 80s. Saw a scorecard once when somebody posted.

On a side note guys with somewhat decent careers Agarkar should have been so much more better than he became. Had so much potential as both a test bowler and a batsman. 

Nehra is another guy 

Too bad we didn’t have proper people to groom them in their prime 

On 11/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Do you see the pattern here? Kapil Dev being the common factor dictating to block all upcoming fast bowlers to secure his place. Kapil was instrumental in making sure India never has set of good fast bowlers. And some people here think he was a legend.

Most people didn't know about cricketers from those days. Kapil may have been just as bad as others around him. Kapil was coach during our 99-00 tour to Australia. He could have advised the bowlers to pitch it up in Aussie wickets. But he didn't. It would have helped Srinath and Agarkar

34 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Most people didn't know about cricketers from those days. Kapil may have been just as bad as others around him. Kapil was coach during our 99-00 tour to Australia. He could have advised the bowlers to pitch it up in Aussie wickets. But he didn't. It would have helped Srinath and Agarkar

Not just that. He had specifically told Srinath to bowl medium pace and not try bowl quick. This, both Kapila and Srinath admitted during match interview in Australia during that tour. I specifically remember. 

He had special jealousy against Srinath. But he always ensured that bowlers with extra pace are suppressed, during his playing days and when he was the coach.

And when you think that Kapil had the golden chance of grooming a genuine quick like Srinath, who was a godsend for that time, he absolutely turned his back. Forget grooming Srinath, he ensured Sri never got selected till the time he was playing. 

These days, even mediocre and above average bowlers like RP, Nehra, Zak have always come forward giving important inputs to newbies. That is essential in making young bowlers comfortable. Srinath gave all his knowledge to Nehra, Zak and Agarkar. 

What kind of a player would deny a youngster of that?

6 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not just that. He had specifically told Srinath to bowl medium pace and not try bowl quick. This, both Kapila and Srinath admitted during match interview in Australia during that tour. I specifically remember. 

He had special jealousy against Srinath. But he always ensured that bowlers with extra pace are suppressed, during his playing days and when he was the coach.

Also his tortoise like approach to the most test wickets stat speaks volumes about his motives

19 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I don't know how he became fast bowler. His commentry also is sleep inducing.

Edited by raki05
6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Many disagree

i did not mean that all his balls were at 140K but the one which got slater to hit and got an edge which azzar jumped like a superman and caught was a Fast ball.

I feel if it was a 135K ball, it would have gone slower to azhar or it would have hit the ground and would have been in control of the batsman.

the ball was totally out of the control of batsman and he could only snick it and it rockettes above and beyond azhar. since the slip fielder was azhar , catch was taken else it would have been a 4.

Edited by vishalvirsingh
1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i did not mean that all his balls were at 140K but the one which got slater to hit and got an edge which azzar jumped like a superman and caught was a Fast ball.

I feel if it was a 135K ball, it would have gone slower to azhar or it would have hit the ground and would have been in control of the batsman.

the ball was totally out of the control of batsman and he could only snick it and it rockettes above and beyond azhar. since the slip fielder was azhar , catch was taken else it would have been a 4.

When someone "flashes and flashes hard" like Slater did there, it will usually travel faster than an edge where the batsman is defending. What you feel doesn't have anything to do with the actual speed of the ball. Its your opinion and I respect it. many here also feel that it was slower than your claim. I guess we have to agree to disagree on the speed of the delivery. Its my final say on this argument. you can have your say if you wish :two_thumbs_up:

On 11/2/2019 at 12:05 PM, Real McCoy said:

Unadcutter, Praveen kumar, Vinny Kumar, Dodda Ganesh, Abey Kuruvilla, Venkatesh Prasad, Thiru Kumaran, Joginder Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Lillee Dinda, list is endless

venky played for INDIA for much more than what he deserved. unfairly given more than his DUE.

Even DINDA played for INDIA in few ODI's and possibly he deserved to get to play at least a few more..unfairly given less than his DUE.

joginder was lucky to represent india in 1 or two matches that he played...was unfairly given his due to play for INDIA.

vinay played a few odi's and 1 test and Possibly unfairly given more than his DUE.

ABhey should have been picked earlier and when he was picked to play he was not worth playing for INDIA..unfairly given less than his DUE.

praveen was a SKILLED trundler and a big swing bowler and he did play many odi and tests so he got a fair result.

unadcut also got some chance to play but do u think he deserved more  than that? unfairly given more than his DUE.

i agree with selectors with regards to Praveen kumar only- he was given a fair chance.

Kapil dev as a bowler /all rounder was given much more than what he deserved.

manoj prabhakar got more than his due.

Srinath got what he deserved.

ZAk got what he deserved.

chetan sharma got what he deserved.

binny rogger got more than he deserved.

madan lal got more than he deserved.

stuart Binny got More than he deserved.

sreesanth got less.

Raju kulkarni was considered fast , hardly played 1 match..deserved more.

Kapil , manoj ,venky ,rogger and few more bowlers represented INDIA in more than what they deserved and played for many more players.

fast bowling career is not Like a Batsman- a fast bowler can be good enough to represent INDIA for even for as short as 6 months- Point I want to make through all this analysis is the SELECTORS should know this fact that a fast bowler should not be picked just bcos he has experience. A batsman normally continues to grow as a better batsman with experience but not a fast bowler.

pick a fast bowler when he is ready and producing results, creating magic, even if he has to JUMP the Queue

i remember Srinath retiring and then ganguly requesting him to come back and then he came back and played few more tests and then retired again...only Srinath decided to retire at the right time or even earlier.

31 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

venky played for INDIA for much more than what he deserved. unfairly given more than his DUE.

Even DINDA played for INDIA in few ODI's and possibly he deserved to get to play at least a few more..unfairly given less than his DUE.

joginder was lucky to represent india in 1 or two matches that he played...was unfairly given his due to play for INDIA.

vinay played a few odi's and 1 test and Possibly unfairly given more than his DUE.

ABhey should have been picked earlier and when he was picked to play he was not worth playing for INDIA..unfairly given less than his DUE.

praveen was a SKILLED trundler and a big swing bowler and he did play many odi and tests so he got a fair result.

unadcut also got some chance to play but do u think he deserved more  than that? unfairly given more than his DUE.

i agree with selectors with regards to Praveen kumar only- he was given a fair chance.

Kapil dev as a bowler /all rounder was given much more than what he deserved.

manoj prabhakar got more than his due.

Srinath got what he deserved.

ZAk got what he deserved.

chetan sharma got what he deserved.

binny rogger got more than he deserved.

madan lal got more than he deserved.

stuart Binny got More than he deserved.

sreesanth got less.

Raju kulkarni was considered fast , hardly played 1 match..deserved more.

Kapil , manoj ,venky ,rogger and few more bowlers represented INDIA in more than what they deserved and played for many more players.

fast bowling career is not Like a Batsman- a fast bowler can be good enough to represent INDIA for even for as short as 6 months- Point I want to make through all this analysis is the SELECTORS should know this fact that a fast bowler should not be picked just bcos he has experience. A batsman normally continues to grow as a better batsman with experience but not a fast bowler.

pick a fast bowler when he is ready and producing results, creating magic, even if he has to JUMP the Queue

i remember Srinath retiring and then ganguly requesting him to come back and then he came back and played few more tests and then retired again...only Srinath decided to retire at the right time or even earlier.

Jeez I was joking. Can't you tell by the post and other people's reactions towards it. Maybe I need to put more emojis like :cantstop::laugh::phehe: to drive home the point

On 11/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, Rightarmfast said:

Atul Wassan was pretty quick. I reckon Atul Wassan and Ankola may have been as quick as the pakistani bowlers of those times, minus waqar.

it was stupid and open cheating to not select atul,ankola,sreesanth,vivek razdan and abhey kurruwilla during  their peak as their selection was obvious,no brainer.

selectors of those times were worst , much bad than msk and team(at least these selectors are keeping more pacers in radar)

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Jeez I was joking. Can't you tell by the post and other people's reactions towards it. Maybe I need to put more emojis like :cantstop::laugh::phehe: to drive home the point

dear i wanna point out the inefficiencies of selectors in past, also guidelines to them so that they do a better job in future instead of picking same pacers ahead of more deserving.