Horror/Psychological Thrillers

zen

On 5/31/2020 at 5:33 PM, randomGuy said:

Ratsasan (psychological thriller, tamil); below is link to Hindi dubbed version...

https://youtu.be/tAvZ0RBJJ-A

A friend recommended. I saw. Good one.

2 more recommended. Yet to see.

1. Maanagaram (thriller)

https://youtu.be/S3BqKKsSivc

2. Thiruttu Payale 2 (thriller)

https://youtu.be/vu64OJJlYN4

watch Evaru and goodachari 

Goodachari I watched till half way...

Evaru yet to watch, will watch

Yesterday watched maayaone... fantastic!! U-turn already watched.

Lucia, majili and psycho will watch

Watched aruvi, '96, dear comrade (not horror movies, but very good)

will recommend '96 to everyone, vijay Sethupathi

Few more watched... watched jersey (hindi dubbed on Telugu) movie on cricket, again not thriller.

Been watching   movies rated 7+ out of 10... good watching.

@coffee_rules @ankit 

Edited by randomGuy

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Few more watched

@coffee_rules @ankit 

96 i loved, watch premam if u havent...romantic film.

Aruvi im yet to

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

96 i loved, watch premam if u havent...romantic film.

Aruvi im yet to

Sure...premam noted.

Aruvi..one doesn't understand initially, atleast in the dubbed version I couldn't understand what's going on, ... but as movie gets midway I understood...it's on a serious topic, an unfortunate thing which happened to Aruvi and what she went through.

Edited by randomGuy

Few more watched... watched jersey (hindi dubbed on Telugu) movie on cricket, again not thriller.

Been watching   movies rated 7+ out of 10... good watching.

[mention=890]coffee_rules[/mention] @ankit 
Heard they messed up the hindi dubbed Jersey movie by editing and changing the order of few sequences.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

'96 if they remade in hindi or just advertised this dubbed version, would be a total hit pan India.

i hope they dont touch it 

already heard that ajay devgan is doing kaithi

And john abrahim is Ayyappanum Koshiyum

both will ruin those films, btw if u havent seen those 2 watch it. Kaithi is by same dir of Maanagaram

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Sure...premam noted.

Aruvi..one doesn't understand initially, atleast in the dubbed version I couldn't understand what's going on, ... but as movie gets midway I understood...it's on a serious topic, an unfortunate thing which happened to Aruvi and what she went through.

there are many many great south films specially in recent years once u explore it you ll be delighted 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Really liked The Others (2001) especially when I first saw it, some may find it slow paced or predictable. The idea of creating a good horror movie without any scary faces or creatures, blood/gore, special effects & those sudden surprises demands a lot. 

The Omen (1976) 

Use to scare me as a kid. I recall we used to have its VHS and I used to watch it with a blanket nearby. Of course, not that scary anymore now, but still a good film. I do not recall the other parts that much. There is a remake (2006) as well but it is probably not as good as the original. 

The Omen also has a memorable background score. IIRC, it received an Oscar for the best original score. 

The concept of "666" is scary :fear1:

"When the Jews return to Zion / And a comet rips the sky / And the Holy Roman Empire rises, / Then You and I must die. / From the eternal sea he rises, / Creating armies on either shore, / Turning man against his brother / 'Til man exists no more."

Edited by zen

Timely bump Zen since the Halloween month is going on.

i was watching Hell Fest last night, a movie from 2018 about bunch of friends. It was okay. I feel the older movies have more impact.

Are you into the old Halloween Series? Michael Myers classics? I try to watch all of it. AMC has fear fest month, pretty much all day in October many Halloween movies on that channel and ofcourse other channels are doing the same. I don't know but the 70s and 80s Halloween movies have great charm. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Timely bump Zen since the Halloween month is going on.

i was watching Hell Fest last night, a movie from 2018 about bunch of friends. It was okay. I feel the older movies have more impact.

Are you into the old Halloween Series? Michael Myers classics? I try to watch all of it. AMC has fear fest month, pretty much all day in October many Halloween movies on that channel and ofcourse other channels are doing the same. I don't know but the 70s and 80s Halloween movies have great charm. 

I do not have a particular horror films theme in mind but like you said there are a lot of options during this period. Some of the timepass to good ones that I saw recently include The Red Queen Kills 7 Times (1972) and Coma (1978). 

I have the Bram Stoker's Dracula audiobook as well which I plan to go over sometime soon. 

26 minutes ago, zen said:

"When the Jews return to Zion / And a comet rips the sky / And the Holy Roman Empire rises, / Then You and I must die. / From the eternal sea he rises, / Creating armies on either shore, / Turning man against his brother / 'Til man exists no more."

And we continue to fight for a variety of reasons .... :fear1:

Edited by zen