Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Height is what I am also looking for. I will only pursue his cricket seriously further if he has good enough height. He is 13 and a half now with about 1 inch shorter than me. Next two years are important for height growth. 13-15 is when kids grow the highest. I am 175 cm. I want him to be at least 180-185 which is quite possible.

Don't draw the line too short, your kid could be the next Macco. The greatest fast bowler ever- who i think was 5'9 or 5'10. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Don't draw the line too short, your kid could be the next Macco. The greatest fast bowler ever- who i think was 5'9 or 5'10. 

Marshall was 5'11. Same was Steyn and that's my cut off as well. 5'10-5'11 is must to become a fast bowler.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Marshall was 5'11. Same was Steyn and that's my cut off as well. 5'10-5'11 is must to become a fast bowler.

Nah, marshall was most likely shorter than 5'11. maybe 5'10 at best. Viv was 5'10 and you can see several pics of Viv and Marshall together where Marshall is same height or looks slightly shorter.

On 4/5/2024 at 11:31 PM, Muloghonto said:

On 4/6/2024 at 1:16 AM, Muloghonto said:

Nah, marshall was most likely shorter than 5'11. maybe 5'10 at best. Viv was 5'10 and you can see several pics of Viv and Marshall together where Marshall is same height or looks slightly shorter.

Macco was indeed 5'9 or 5'10. I met him in person in the early 90s, and he was about 2-3 inches shorter than some confirmed 6-footers (including yours truly).

However, Macco was an utter freak. Rare to find bowlers in 21st century who witnessed considerable success while being 5'10 or lower. There are exceptions, but the norm is for bowlers to be at least 6 feet, and to have bounce/swing/seam and accuracy.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

@express bowling @Mosher @rkt.indiaindia  @singhvivek141

A serious Fast bowling A/R in the making

Looked good in these clips. There is seam movement as well of the pitch, has bowled yorkers as well.

Pace is looking decent, action seems similar to Shardul Thakur but he is running fast and hence generating good pace..

Batting wise I can see good power, what I liked is he is good against short ball and can play pull shots, any further weaknesses can be worked upon but he seems to have strong basics for his age group. Definitely one to be kept in radar.

10 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Finally

Aaron into the setup,good

Move MRF Academy from Chennai, set it up in Bengaluru or Dehradun or Dharamshala. 

Cities down south which are at lower elevation has harsh weather all throughout the year. 

22 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Move MRF Academy from Chennai, set it up in Bengaluru or Dehradun or Dharamshala. 

Cities down south which are at lower elevation has harsh weather all throughout the year. 

Bangalore is nice

MRF Academy can't move out of Chennai

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Why move MRF academy?

Why not just create more academies in central and northwestern India whose job is to scout and coach the best talents available and have them work closely with state associations , giving them inputs on nutrition, workloads, bowling actions etc. 

Fast bowling culture in India is still at a very intermediate stage at best. 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Why move MRF academy?

Why not just create more academies in central and northwestern India whose job is to scout and coach the best talents available and have them work closely with state associations , giving them inputs on nutrition, workloads, bowling actions etc. 

Fast bowling culture in India is still at a very intermediate stage at best. 

BCCI won't spend a penny on setting up new infra's.

Movement means a new city with comparatively better climate.