Babar Azam - an ATG in making?

Austin 3:!6

1 minute ago, Autonomous said:

We need better openers to support Babar. Fakhar has been found out and Imam is very limited. 

to me, it's a no brainer that shan masood should be one of the openers. he can consolidate at one end and score at a SR of 80-85. the other opener can be chosen to be more of an aggressive bat. masood also has a stellar List A record of 54 avg, 82 SR and 12 100s in 90 innings.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

to me, it's a no brainer that shan masood should be one of the openers. he can consolidate at one end and score at a SR of 80-85. the other opener can be chosen to be more of an aggressive bat. masood also has a stellar List A record of 54 avg, 82 SR and 12 100s in 90 innings.

I think Sharjeel will come back. 

Rizwan Hussain & Zeeshan Malik are promising openers but still early days for them. Rizwan looks very good with power hitting ability and left hand advantage. 

On 2/9/2020 at 2:17 AM, Straight Drive said:

One of the intrinsic quality of ATG batsmen is they convert their tons into huge knocks of 200+ even against top Test teams. Azam got out on 143 even after being well set against the poor bowling attack of BD. If he can't even score big runs against poor test teams then it going to be hard to believe he is ATG in making.

I disagree, it takes some time for some batsmen to score big hundreds.Tendulkar took a decade to score his double hundred.Kohli also took a long time to reach his double hundred but he now has most double hundreds by an Indian batsmen,

On 2/10/2020 at 11:20 AM, putrevus said:

I disagree, it takes some time for some batsmen to score big hundreds.Tendulkar took a decade to score his double hundred.Kohli also took a long time to reach his double hundred but he now has most double hundreds by an Indian batsmen,

yes, and attapattu scored several 200s but only a (rabid) SL fan would call him a world-class-type ATG batsman.

He is a good batsmen but hyping him like he is some ATG only pakistani can do. Let me tell you this, had he been in India he has not played even 50 games including test,odi and t20 or may be couldn't even get a chance as well  considering so much of competition in top order.  On the contrary shaw,gill,pant and jaiswal kind of batsmen would already been part of pak regular international team and hyped like babar as an another atg in making. Heck even DK had played 460 odi ,800 t20 and 200 test by now.:giggle:

Aakash Chopra rejigs 'fab four', says Pakistan’s Babar Azam stands shoulder to shoulder with Virat Kohli

“I would keep Pakistan’s Babar Azam in the fab four. He stands shoulder to shoulder with India’s Virat Kohli. He is the number one batsman in T20Is, number-three in ODIs and number five in Test cricket. If you are in the top five in all three formats, then how can you not be in the fab four of world cricket? He should be included in the fab four a 120 per cent,” said Chopra on his YouTube channel. 

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/aakash-chopra-rejigs-fab-four-says-pakistan-s-babar-azam-stands-shoulder-to-shoulder-with-virat-kohli/555146

Edited by New guy

Offlate Kohli has been going through a slump and Babar is on a rise,but he's been appointed as their loi captain so lets see how he copes up with added responsibility?

But according to Akash he  stands shoulder to shoulder with Kohli which means he has gotten into top 4 loi bats of the world

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

T20 rankings are volatile. Also flawed because they don't take into account the SR. This much is well known to everyone. But regardless, Babar is certainly a prodigious shot maker. He's only enhanced his reputation in the last 12 months or so. But his body of work is simply not large enough yet for him to be ranked alongside Kohli and his 3 distant competitors. Keen to see if babar can keep his momentum and form going for 5 years on the trot.

This is the best peak for Babar. But not even close to the peaks of other players. 600 Test runs in a calendar year is no big deal.

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Strange remark unless you're a tarot card reader by profession. What makes you think babar cannot replicate it just like Kohli?

Anybody can make it, Gill can do, Shaw can do. Until they do we cannot make any prediction.  Their hype is entirely based on this peak not based on what he is going to achieve. 

Meh... . all these bd/sl bashing at home where there no name opners are also making century for fun  and suddenly Gobar Azam became fab 4. So far other than that wc century i don't see any other inning of substance by him which can really distinguished him from the rest. Let  him first become gobar to babar than we will talk about fab 4 thing.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Meh... . all these bd/sl bashing at home where there no name opners are also making century for fun  and suddenly Gobar Azam became fab 4. So far other than that wc century i don't see any other inning of substance by him which can really distinguished him from the rest. Let  him first become gobar to babar than we will talk about fab 4 thing.

To be fair, he perfored well even against top quality bowling attacks. Got a 100  and a 90 odd in the recent series down under.  Played well in SAF last year on challenging wickets. Scored more than all Indian batsmen barring Rohit in the WC.  I agree it's too soon to be talking him up to be in the fab 4 or ATG level or whatever but no shame in accepting the fact that he has some serious potential to be the leading batsman in world cricket in the years to come. Just the fact that he hasn't faded away like many of the pak "tailunts" before him and has actually improved leaps and bounds in the last year or so says a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

To be fair, he perfored well even against top quality bowling attacks. Got a 100  and a 90 odd in the recent series down under.  Played well in SAF last year on challenging wickets. Scored more than all Indian batsmen barring Rohit in the WC.  I agree it's too soon to be talking him up to be in the fab 4 or ATG level or whatever but no shame in accepting the fact that he has some serious potential to be the leading batsman in world cricket in the years to come. Just the fact that he hasn't faded away like many of the pak "tailunts" before him and has actually improved leaps and bounds in the last year or so says a lot. 

Sara maza kirikira kar ditta tushi..... :p:

Kohli, Williamson played for under-19 in 2008.  Babar Azam played for under-19 in 2010. I very much doubt he is as old as he says. Probably atleast a couple of years older than actually stated age.  Hazlewood, Kane Ricahrdson, Jason Holder AHmed shezhad  are from Babar Azam's batch. "15 year old" babar even bowled a 10 over spell in a match lol

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli, Williamson played for under-19 in 2008.  Babar Azam played for under-19 in 2010. I very much doubt he is as old as he says. Probably atleast a couple of years older than actually stated age.  Hazlewood, Kane Ricahrdson, Jason Holder AHmed shezhad  are from Babar Azam's batch. "15 year old" babar even bowled a 10 over spell in a match lol

He's most probably 27+

Edited by Suhaan
43 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He played in 2012 also, as captain and was 17 , whats wrong with that ? Why you guys always think negative.