ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

4 minutes ago, adi B said:

Out for me regardless if it's an Indian batsman or an aussie .

According to the rule that is out ,unless you are inside the crease.

Spirit of the game BS wont work ,why is the rule there for then ?

There is also a rule that you cant throw the ball into the turf for no reason when throwing it in.

Common sense has to prevail sometimes in these decisions.

He threw it in. Was close enough to the batsmen to want to protect himself incase it bounced at his head. It was NEVER going to hit the stumps from where he threw it and how he did.

If you want obstruction calls given from players doing that given out. What do you expect we see going forward whenever a batsmen is out of their crease.

I wouldnt care who was playing. If that was given out it would be a monumental * up going forward, as arrogant young kids would just target batsmen slightly out of their crease trying to replicate it...

Ok i went a little dramatic making that point. But thats why in this situation it would be a terrible decision

Just now, Fool said:

Id be shocked if they target any over in the next 10-15 overs.

At least not in a overly risky way

Given that the total isn't really out of reach, they don't need to target anything other than just keep knocking the ball around.  

I have a feeling this game is setup for a close finish.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Given that the total isn't really out of reach, they don't need to target anything other than just keep knocking the ball around.  

I have a feeling this game is setup for a close finish.

Lot of work to do from these two to get it to that "close finish" position i feel.

But they gain nothing by trying to accelerate at this point.

That works in indias favour cos they can basically bowl who they want and burn overs.

But if there are bad bowls they still need to play shots. Just dont need to create them.

But they are still young, so hard to judge how they are thinking. Hopefully the coaches are saying something similar to them though.