INDIA A tour of New Zealand

shortbread

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

These A-team games are for " player development for senior international cricket " only. 

If R.Chahar is considered as a prospect ( and he should be )  then he should be playing A-team 4 day games irrespective of his recent performances in FC.  The fact that he has missed a few FC matches means he should play these games even more.

he has missed these A games due to injury only 

5 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Why can I not talk about both the game and the season? Understand the wide sense in which I wrote that post. Chahar is the type of bowler who would get to bowl as a strike option in non subcontinental conditions, unlike Nadeem. He should be playing ahead of random SLAs.

Lastly, Chahar is a little profligate like leg spinners usually are, but he's also the bowler with best strike rate among ALL spinners in FC cricket.

Yes, Chahar needs a longer run for certain.

Btw, he does not have best SR among all spinners in FC. His current SR is 48.2 whereas Gopal has a SR of 46.2 despite mostly being played a support bowler (or even as afterthought) in the strong Karnataka attack. Gopal is also a much better batsman, who has the ability to easily play at 7. And yet, the great selectors don't even give him proper chances in A squad.

Markande has a SR of 49.1 and Ansari has a SR of 50. All 4 names listed here are leggies. When playing outside SC, we should consider only 2 types of spinners: (a) genuine ARs who can hold an end up (e.g., Jaddu/Ash to some extent), and (b) wrist-spinners (preferably leggies instead of chinaman).

1 hour ago, sandsaims said:

Mayank Agarwal seems to be in terrible form , a pair in the  game.

needs to be benched for a while until his hunger returns. too many good openers as of now - shaw & gill are there, and rohit won't be dumped. there's also KLR in the wings. mayank seems to have let his success get to his (big) head.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

needs to be benched for a while until his hunger returns. too many good openers as of now - shaw & gill are there, and rohit won't be dumped. there's also KLR in the wings. mayank seems to have let his success get to his (big) head.

He was the highest run getter  for India in 2019 with two double centuries. We shouldn't read too much into these A tour failures of established players. 

7 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

he sucked in most of the ranji games too,seems to lost form all of a sudden.

Doesn't matter.  Unless and until he fails continuously  in Tests he should be our primary choice. We already made the mistake of leaving out Pujara because he didn't do well in county.  Probably he was a bit too casual.

18 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Hundreds for Panchal and Gill. 

Shouldn't write off Panchal yet, he is a proven Ranji performer, done well in previous A tours as well and has a very compact technique to succeed outside Asia i believe.

Yea.. Many dismissed him after one bad innings. I have seen entire Indian line up folding on first day in NZ without scoring much. Including Dravid, Tendulkar. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea.. Many dismissed him after one bad innings. I have seen entire Indian line up folding on first day in NZ without scoring much. Including Dravid, Tendulkar. 

Second inning runs are useless on these pitches. They are dead pan cake by day 4. First innings is what matters and is challenging.