No central contract for Dhoni

ganeshran

Why is this even a news, how can anyone give a central contract to player who has not played for nearly six months.If they had given him a central contract then something drastically had to be changed in Indian cricket.

Dhoni has not announced his retirement that is his personal choice, Indian cricket has moved on and should move on, Shastri is a moron if he thinks Dhoni can comeback into Indian team based on his IPL performance.

All players then should  quit domestic cricket and play only IPL .

8 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

If I were in BCCI, I would definitely advertise a farewell match for Dhoni. Not because I think it is fair but it will make a lot of money especially in a place like Chennai were Rajnikant movie tickets are sold and bought for a lakh of rupees in black on first day. It would be a money spinner.

As opposed to the North which appreciates sophisticated cinematic masterpieces like Tiger Zinda Hai and Dabbang 3. :giggle:

"Let's not get into who spoke. The fact is that a player of his stature needs to be told that he is not being awarded a central contract for the time being and it was done in an appropriate manner," he said when asked who among BCCI president Sourav Ganguly, secretary Jay Shah and CEO Rahul Johri spoke to Dhoni.

The official made it clear that if Dhoni makes it back into the team for the Asia Cup and T20 World Cup, he will be automatically included in the contract list. "There will be an Asia Cup T20 (likely to be shifted from Pakistan) and if Dhoni plays a certain number of matches, he will be automatically included. It's not like he has been dumped for good. It's just that he doesn't qualify because he has not played," the official said.

:phehe::phehe: Hope he returns so i can see midget chamcha gang cry asusual.

The existing rule for awarding central contracts is that a player needs to compete in a minimum of three Tests or eight ODIs to qualify. He can also get in by playing a stipulated number of T20 games (depending on the season when there are more T20s).

"Like Washington Sundar has played 21 T20 Internationals and at least more than 10 in the current season and with more T20s this year, he got a contract. Similarly, Wriddhiman (Saha) had a group C contract last year when he was injured. To get into group B, currently, you need to play three Tests and he fulfilled the criteria during the home season. Same for Mayank Agarwal. That's how it works," the official explained.

"If Prithvi Shaw is selected in the Indian team and plays just one more Test, he will get a Grade B contract on a pro-rata basis," he added.

The official also said that only Dhoni knows when he will announce his retirement.

(PTI inputs)

23 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

If I were in BCCI, I would definitely advertise a farewell match for Dhoni. Not because I think it is fair but it will make a lot of money especially in a place like Chennai were Rajnikant movie tickets are sold and bought for a lakh of rupees in black on first day. It would be a money spinner.

We have some idiots out there who keep cheering/chanting  Dhoni Dhoni or Mahi Mahi or we want sixer while Thala is lunging away to his hearts content. 

EOLuzD-UcAIBfyE.jpg.c497658e0558c85f456e89d3d7a5ffeb.jpg