Match thread : India vs Australia 3rd ODI , Bengaluru

Didn't watch the match live, but saw the highlights. I think I saw Kohli drive Cummins on the backfoot through the covers for 4. The weight was more on the backfoot, but there was no movement of the foot while or before playing the shot. I do not know why he cannot develop that shot in his arsenal.

1 hour ago, velu said:

looks like dont have legside game vs pace

He does not have control while playing hook , hardly plays pull. Hence he had no attacking shots in the on side vs Shot balls. 

Today , i thought it was a good change of plan by him .  By staying a bit on leg side , he opened up the off side where he could play shots with more control like the ramp. lofted shots over the in field over covers rather than his onside shots . 

It gives good advantage  for him since :- 

1. By moving a bit to leg, if bowlers try to follow his body , the ball very well become wide  if they go more towards leg.

2. If they stay around off , he can ramp, or slash .

3. You cannot bowl all 6 short balls , hence next delivery  tried by bowlers would be yorkers . That stance of little towards leg also enables to give full face of the bat  for such shots . 

Going forward this is what bowlers will try against him with this stance -   

When he moves towards leg side  , bowl wide full deliveries outside of the offside with change in pace .

Want to see  what counter strategy he will come up with .

Overall  liked today's approach. 

Edited by prudent_kreeda
1 hour ago, Aiden said:

Great comeback by India. This series win is totally because of their strong bowling attack. Everyone talk about Bumrah but its Shami who gets the job done with wickets.

Thats because Bumrah creates so much pressure by his economical bowling and batsmen cannot attack him. Opposition is forced to attack other bowlers, which leads to wickets.

Batsmen today dont look to targer Bumrah's bowling to score runs.

11 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Very good series win by India after an absolute thrashing in the opening game.  Many did not give the team a chance after than game.  

I am always happy when we achieve a series win over Australia .. no matter how it came. Does not have to be pretty or perfect.

A meaningless bilateral home series generally means nothing to be fair.

I always rate though India's away wins and series wins against SENA countries as much more important and of value.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Thats because Bumrah creates so much pressure by his economical bowling and batsmen cannot attack him. Opposition is forced to attack other bowlers, which leads to wickets.

Batsmen today dont look to targer Bumrah's bowling to score runs.

Shami has been wicket taker for very long doesn't matter bumrah is bowling from other end or not.

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

A meaningless bilateral home series generally means nothing to be fair.

I always rate though India's away wins and series wins against SENA countries as much more important and of value.

How many home ODI series wins we have against Australia in our history? Australia has always been a big challenge for us even at home in ODIs.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

How many home ODI series wins we have against Australia in our history? Australia has always been a big challenge for us even at home in ODIs.

Playing vs Aus  top side and doing well against them is a big learning curve for the youngsters . 

Just take the case of Iyer , fellow was subjected to heavy bombardment by 3 quality fast bowlers and that must have showed him where he is at international level. We also saw first glimpses of a plan to counter this weakness by him which he did not address for the last 2-3 years . He must have thought that the game he had was enough to succeed  at highest level.    Now it is very clear if he does not come up with a plan to score against this short stuff his career will be over as every good team  will use the same strategy.