Are we getting there ?

mani sha

13 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Have Shaw & Rohit at the top.  4 & 5  -> Iyer & KL  6 - Pant or Samson. 7-Hardik. 8. Shami  9. Kul  10. Saini 11. Bhumra. 

OR 

Shaw & Rohit at the top.  4 & 5  -> Iyer & KL  6 - Pant or Samson. 7-Hardik. 8. Sundar  9. Kul  10. Saini /Shami11. Bhumra. 

We should go to WC with this Combo. 

12th :  Deepak Chahar.

Rahul stays at 1 or 2. 

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Have Shaw & Rohit at the top.  4 & 5  -> Iyer & KL  6 - Pant or Samson. 7-Hardik. 8. Shami  9. Kul  10. Saini 11. Bhumra. 

OR 

Shaw & Rohit at the top.  4 & 5  -> Iyer & KL  6 - Pant or Samson. 7-Hardik. 8. Sundar  9. Kul  10. Saini /Shami11. Bhumra. 

We should go to WC with this Combo. 

12th :  Deepak Chahar.

looks solid! but dont think Shaw is being tried for T20. KL will be at the top with Rohit. Jaddu or Dubey or Krunal or Shankar will play as 2nd AR.

1 hour ago, Kothili said:

Rahul stays at 1 or 2. 

Bring in a dasher who has the ability to play attacking shots from ball 1 in PP will have a major impact in India T20 team . 

A  quick 30-40  at the first PP, adds more impact in winning matches than anything else as we have very good set of players in rohit , VK who carry the innings  together . 

Imagine chasing score of 200+  and  and a dasher uses the PP to score at 11- 12 per over .  For rest of the match , they are required to score at 8+

per over which would be easily done by men like Kohli without taking risk.  Even if he succeeds  half the time , it is worth in Gold.

It would be good for KL too batting at 5 in T20 also , as he would be playing at same position in 50 overs also , 

3 minutes ago, kruiser said:

looks solid! but dont think Shaw is being tried for T20. KL will be at the top with Rohit. Jaddu or Dubey or Krunal or Shankar will play as 2nd AR.

That calls for boldness and also an assessment as to what will make Indian T20 more powerful & dangerous .  For me its the use of PP .

Shaw to me seems to be obvious punt to be tested at the top. 

If you can achieve most of time a RR of 10-12 in PP, Indian team would be the one to beat as they have players like Rohit & VK to carry the innings forward . 

The i other improvement should  be in death bowling which i think is coming good  to make our unit one of the best. 

If TM & Selectors focus on these 2 areas  both for T20 & 50 overs , the team performance will go up by quite a notch .

The Middle order seem to be falling in place , even if one or 2 fail,  there are very good ready replacements waiting in the wings . 

Dhawan has no place in T20. The backup opener could be decided based on IPl and upcoming series.

Number 4-5 should be pool of Iyer, Pant and Sky

For number 6-7 have a pool of Pandya,  Dube and Sundar ready. 

This will give you a strong top 7 with enough fire power and all round options for 5th ND 6th bowler.

The remaining should be your 4 best bowlers regardless of whether they can bat or not. You compromise when you play second grade bowlers just because they can bat a bit.

22 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

That calls for boldness and also an assessment as to what will make Indian T20 more powerful & dangerous .  For me its the use of PP .

Shaw to me seems to be obvious punt to be tested at the top. 

If you can achieve most of time a RR of 10-12 in PP, Indian team would be the one to beat as they have players like Rohit & VK to carry the innings forward . 

The i other improvement should  be in death bowling which i think is coming good  to make our unit one of the best. 

If TM & Selectors focus on these 2 areas  both for T20 & 50 overs , the team performance will go up by quite a notch .

The Middle order seem to be falling in place , even if one or 2 fail,  there are very good ready replacements waiting in the wings . 

So you are happy with our fielding lol

At the end of this series, you would get a decent idea of which players can handle these conditions well. 

Dhawan should be out of the squad for sure. So rohit, KLR and Kohli are confirmed. Barring a string of shocking performances, Iyer is a lock too. If Pandya can get fit he comes in place of Dubey, I would take Pant over Pandey and to free up Rahul from keeping duties 

On 1/24/2020 at 1:31 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Bring in a dasher who has the ability to play attacking shots from ball 1 in PP will have a major impact in India T20 team . 

A  quick 30-40  at the first PP, adds more impact in winning matches than anything else as we have very good set of players in rohit , VK who carry the innings  together . 

Imagine chasing score of 200+  and  and a dasher uses the PP to score at 11- 12 per over .  For rest of the match , they are required to score at 8+

per over which would be easily done by men like Kohli without taking risk.  Even if he succeeds  half the time , it is worth in Gold.

It would be good for KL too batting at 5 in T20 also , as he would be playing at same position in 50 overs also , 

Wow, so a guy with a 150 plus strike rate needs to bat at #5 in T20s. brilliant.

1 hour ago, Kothili said:

Wow, so a guy with a 150 plus strike rate needs to bat at #5 in T20s. brilliant.

Its is about maximizing the resources available to make a very good team . If you have 150+ striker  at the top , have couple of them in MO . Opposing teams can't breathe easy . Since KL already playing at #5 in 50 overs  and has shown his game vs Pace in end overs why not use that . 

So you would be having 4 & 5 who have a good strike rate and have some more experience in winning some matches so far. Only #6 would then be the spot which need fixing.

And Shaw would be better at the top . 

I can only think Shaw as a very attacking bat who has shown his ability to hit at international level whenever he got chances . If you have anyone else in the same mold and has done something let me know. 

13 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

And Shaw would be better at the top . 

I can only think Shaw as a very attacking bat who has shown his ability to hit at international level whenever he got chances . If you have anyone else in the same mold and has done something let me know. 

Shaw is hardly proven. He has to earn his opener slot. Cant just give it to him on a platter. KL is a natural shoe in and has already proven himself in t20s but for an asinine psycho captain who plays faves.

Edited by Kothili
On 1/24/2020 at 3:41 AM, mani sha said:

With Rohit kohli dhawan rahul and Ayer , we have our top 5 I feel . Dhawan comes good in icc so I am not worried about him 

bowling wise we are good with boom Shami saini chahar/ thakur 

all rounders pandya jadeja sundar 

spinners kulcha 

only unsettled post is reserve wicket keeper 

heart feels pant but brain says Samson or dhoni ( yes feel team will use the word experience somewhere and bring the dinosaur back I fear ) 

Has Dhawan done well when it matters the most in knock outs? 

7 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Has Dhawan done well when it matters the most in knock outs? 

He finds a way to score and be consistent . Also plays quality fast bowling well . Think him being a left handed batter is a huge advantage .  

Has he done enuf in t20 ? Perhaps not . But I feel there is a distinct purpose in team geared towards winning . Individual wickets are less being cared for with an increase in batting depth and quality 

in a lineup of 

dhawan Rohit 

kolhi rahul 

shreyas pandya / pandey 

pant/ Samson / jadeja /shaw/ dubey 

thakur / chahar 

kuldeep / chahal 

Shami / saini 

bumrah 

you get real depth and firepower . seen India in attack mode from West Indies series . Top players are going after the power play and attack mode in t20 

dhawan is changing his game too - I believe he is more suited to Australian wickets and he will ace the trophy . 

2 hours ago, mani sha said:

He finds a way to score and be consistent . Also plays quality fast bowling well . Think him being a left handed batter is a huge advantage .  

Has he done enuf in t20 ? Perhaps not . But I feel there is a distinct purpose in team geared towards winning . Individual wickets are less being cared for with an increase in batting depth and quality 

in a lineup of 

dhawan Rohit 

kolhi rahul 

shreyas pandya / pandey 

pant/ Samson / jadeja /shaw/ dubey 

thakur / chahar 

kuldeep / chahal 

Shami / saini 

bumrah 

you get real depth and firepower . seen India in attack mode from West Indies series . Top players are going after the power play and attack mode in t20 

dhawan is changing his game too - I believe he is more suited to Australian wickets and he will ace the trophy . 

I have checked his scores in KOs and there is nothing to talk about. His real challenge will be in a big target chasing game in KO. With Rahul doing so well, unless there is any injury  Dhawan shouldn't get a chance. But knowing this TM, you never know.