Bollywood=cesspool

FischerTal

19 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Whoa!

Your words here are a lot less 'decent' than the song you quoted.

When you clamour for decency, is it only from others?

I am not a public figure. I don't influence opinion, this is just a forum. 

With all due respect to you; 

1) Everyone and his/her uncle knows that these awards are rigged/sold on the basis of who performs/comperes at the events. 

2) Its a private function and they can give the award to whoever they(sponsors) wish. You can feel free to start your own award show and hand over the awards to whoever you deem fit. That's how it works. These aren't the national awards. There isn't a specifically selected jury for this.

3) The lyrics of this song are supposed to be that of a rap number. They are likely to use street lingo.

Isn't Filmfare like the top awards ceremony? 

4) You seen to have such a low opinion of the millions. I don't get this " I'm aware but the millions of them are duds who are gullible" attitude. Gullible to what? This is an award show.

Mass entertainment is an effective propaganda tool and I don't like how millions get swayed by it. 

Edited by Gollum

@Gollum 

Top is subjective. Filmfare is one of the oldest awards. In just the last 10 odd years they have had 3-4 different sponsors. Manikchand. Bennet Coleman and Company. Hathway cable and such like. Its always the sponsor who calls the shots. And these are people with zero movie making skills ( people say that about many Bollywood production houses too :p:) whatsoever

Today there are many such awards. IIFA. Stardust. Zee Cine Awards etc. in addition to the National awards.

Let me pose a question to you: Who won the 2015 best lyricist award? Or the award in 1996? 

The only way people would remember such an award is if there is some controversy (read traction) over it. I fear that is what has happened.

I agree that millions are swayed by the entertainment industry. It may even be a propaganda tool. But I don't think anyone is swayed in any way by an award function. And this isn't best actor/actress or director that you are talking about, its the award for the best lyricist. 

Edited by Mariyam

On 2/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, Mariyam said:

Sounds like the dynasts we've been voting into power for ever. The Gandhis, the Thackerays, the Rajes, the Gehlots, the Pilots, the Abdullahs, the Muftis, the Yadavs and so on.

@FischerTal You'd be surprised to know that some of the most difficult industries/trades to get into in Mumbai are Diamond trade and stock market (the big time players). Especially the diamond trade is an exclusively Gujarati dominated sectors where outsiders (even other Gujjus) are absolutely not given any entry.

Aside of the service sector, almost every major sector in India is nepotistic.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:06 AM, Stradlater said:

Ditto. I have had a total Bollywood boycott policy for some years now. These days I even try to avoid the garbage music they churn out. A bunch of self-centered, narcissistic, no talent jackasses who made a fortune by fooling the gullible public

@Mariyam 

comment is on attributes of bollywood 'starts and starlets and new born starlets etc ' why are attempting to normalise it ? lol this is classic

whataboutism.jpg

Neha Dhupia and Nikhil Chinappa..... the biggest hypocrites in this world. 

a girl is cheating on a boy with 5 guys and her boyfriend finds out and he slaps her.... this is wrong... right?

but Neha madam has no problem if a girl slaps 5 boys.

and this Chinappa fellow looks like he snorted one too many illegal substances.... standing up for women while calling the contestant a mother*er 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

How to copy note for note.. Koi Bollywood se seekhe

Thanks for the lulz @coffee_rules

You choose to revive this thread with a "Bollywood is evil" agenda and put up this tweet? Everything about the tweet is hilarious.

1) Aamir Khan didn't launch himself. His father launched Aamir Khan the actor and Mansoor Khan (Aamir's cousin) as the director in this movie.

2) One has to be really naive to think that an early 20s Aamir had any say in the 'creative' decisions in his debut movie. 

3) The funniest part is when the tweet claims that QSQT ended the careers of Anand-Milind. Quite the contrary. They received accolades for "Papa Kehte Hain". They later worked with Aamir (since you believe he called all the shots) again in Dil. That was also well received. A simple google search will show you that most of their discography was after QSQT, working right upto the mid 2000s.

4) "When confronted later". Who confronted Anand Milind? The press? No links to the interviews where they made this confession that "Aamir Khan and family ended their career" ? What exactly is new in copying background tracks in the 80s and 90s. The IPR in the music industry were not well laid out (in India, and even in the West) and there wasn't much one could do even if their creations were plagiarized and subsequently monetized. 

But this twitter handle does it the Arnab way. Not let any facts come in the way while making allegations.

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Thanks for the lulz @coffee_rules

You choose to revive this thread with a "Bollywood is evil" agenda and put up this tweet? Everything about the tweet is hilarious.

1) Aamir Khan didn't launch himself. His father launched Aamir Khan the actor and Mansoor Khan (Aamir's cousin) as the director in this movie.

2) One has to be really naive to think that an early 20s Aamir had any say in the 'creative' decisions in his debut movie. 

3) The funniest part is when the tweet claims that QSQT ended the careers of Anand-Milind. Quite the contrary. They received accolades for "Papa Kehte Hain". They later worked with Aamir (since you believe he called all the shots) again in Dil. That was also well received. A simple google search will show you that most of their discography was after QSQT, working right upto the mid 2000s.

4) "When confronted later". Who confronted Anand Milind? The press? No links to the interviews where they made this confession that "Aamir Khan and family ended their career" ? What exactly is new in copying background tracks in the 80s and 90s. The IPR in the music industry were not well laid out (in India, and even in the West) and there wasn't much one could do even if their creations were plagiarized and subsequently monetized. 

But this twitter handle does it the Arnab way. Not let any facts come in the way while making allegations.

Amir dint launch himself ok

He did not have creative input ok

Anand milind carreer did not end because of their plagiarism ok

No one confronted them ok

But in the video it appears clear that the song was plagiarised from the original work. That is the point of the post. Do you have any counter for that ?

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Amir dint launch himself ok

He did not have creative input ok

Anand milind carreer did not end because of their plagiarism ok

No one confronted them ok

But in the video it appears clear that the song was plagiarised from the original work. That is the point of the post. Do you have any counter for that ?

The *point* of the post I thought was to show how Aamir Khan ended the careers of Anand Milind. Which is untrue.

Re: The plagiarised music, what is there to counter? What is wrong is wrong. That is a theft and has gone on unpunished for far too long. Right upto the 90s Music composers were 'inspired' by Western creations. There are even a few cases of the reverse happening, where other people used Bollywood background scores. All of this without even consent ( or acknowledgement) , let alone compensation. Let's not pretend that this specific song,  is the *only* song to plagiarise. What happened here was not a unicorn situation but the norm!.

A friend had shared with me a FB post (of dubious credentials, yet convincing content) that the entire background score for the movie Mohra is lifted from Arnold's terminator series. I youtubed it and seems to be a legit allegation. And these are movies which made a lot of money in India. 

After India became a full fledged member of the WTO and was a signatory to their charter on IPR, Indian companies had to be a lot more careful about plagiarism. There have been cases filed against music composers from the 2000s. From small time local musicians to Western/non Indian labels.

Pulling such a stunt now will be extremely difficult and the composers will face punitive measures.

But what can one do for such a case retrospectively? How does one show that this particular song was responsible for xyz amount of the total QSQT pie? That too at a time when India or any Indian company simply weren't signatories of the said charter. It's convoluted.

Law is always playing catch up here. 

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The *point* of the post I thought was to show how Aamir Khan ended the careers of Anand Milind. Which is untrue.

Re: The plagiarised music, what is there to counter? What is wrong is wrong. That is a theft and has gone on unpunished for far too long. Right upto the 90s Music composers were 'inspired' by Western creations. There are even a few cases of the reverse happening, where other people used Bollywood background scores. All of this without even consent ( or acknowledgement) , let alone compensation. Let's not pretend that this specific song,  is the *only* song to plagiarise. What happened here was not a unicorn situation but the norm!.

A friend had shared with me a FB post (of dubious credentials, yet convincing content) that the entire background score for the movie Mohra is lifted from Arnold's terminator series. I youtubed it and seems to be a legit allegation. And these are movies which made a lot of money in India. 

After India became a full fledged member of the WTO and was a signatory to their charter on IPR, Indian companies had to be a lot more careful about plagiarism. There have been cases filed against music composers from the 2000s. From small time local musicians to Western/non Indian labels.

Pulling such a stunt now will be extremely difficult and the composers will face punitive measures.

But what can one do for such a case retrospectively? How does one show that this particular song was responsible for xyz amount of the total QSQT pie? That too at a time when India or any Indian company simply weren't signatories of the said charter. It's convoluted.

Law is always playing catch up here. 

So a bollywood super star a lister worked in or was associated to a project that plagiarized thats disappointing but not surprising cause its apeshitwood. Ok thats my point too there has to be some accountability at certain levels. Not sure abt what coffee wants to say he often has apparent agenda opnions on many matters so not sure.  And one does not have to show what percentage  of the project was this plagiarized content worth its not the financial but the principle angle, its wrong and must be or should have been punished.

@Mariyam can we focus on how A/M uncreativrly copied the notes? I don’t want to discuss the tweet as obviously there are incorrect facts. My point was how they violated the copyright laws, as Bollywood thinks copyright laws means right to copy. Even RDB used to copy , but would change or indianize the tune, these sons of ChitrGupt wouldn’t bother to put any effort.