Ind vs NZ 2nd ODI, Auckland

The only issue I have about this performance is that Jadhav is playing ahead of Pandey or Pant. Thats just the wrong decision.

Thakur should be replaced by a good young fast bowler in India.

It may not change the result, but we need to give these players the chance to gain experience.

I also take issue with Chalal.

I know he is simple easy going guy, but on the field he needs to at least look and act mentally tough.

Laughing and smiling all the time, makes you look weak, especially given his bowling is now weak. At least if he was a fine bowler, I couldnt care if he joked all the time. Losing and have him smile and laugh, hurts the most.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

right word is wrong direction all together 

Nope. The word is right. It is decision. Kohli had the decision and could have easily have played Pandey or Pant ahead of Jadhav who will NOT play any part of the next World Cup.

Its the wrong decision.

13 minutes ago, rock777 said:

Oh then why you sent kohli and bumrah you should have sent likes of mavi nagarkoti

Well iam not the selector but let me think.. Bumrah missed a lot of cricket and is yet rusty, so he needs as many matches to get to speed. Big test series coming up.

While Kohli being rested doesn't really help the opposition either...i thought you knew this after being blanked in the Asia Cup twice last year.

1.) Bowlers don't seem prepared as a unit, don't have variations and alternative plans that all good LOI bowlers have. When on song, a Bumrah, Shami, Kuldeep, chahal cld run through sides, but it's all down to individual - our bevy of coaches seem to contribute bare minimum & give soundbytes to media

2.) WTH is Jadhav doing in team if he's not gonna bowl even 2-3 overs?? Play pandey ffs, atleast u get a gun fielder..i.e if u are allergic to youth like gill, pant.

3.) Jadeja even after his extraordinary WC inning, doesn't inspire confidence with bat that he can get us over the line. Being 30+ with almost a decade of experience, he still doesn't take responsibility of marshalling  the tail or show capability to manipulate field/bowlers

4.) Young players - Mayank, Shaw, Iyer, maybe even gill are not 100% tight against seam..need good batting coach to keep working with these guys 

4 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

yea tbf i think instead of jadhav who isn't even bowling if we had picked Pant or even Pandey we might have won this one. jadhav's selection makes as much sense as Nzl selecting chapman today.

I know Kohli wants to screw Pant's career, but at least if he want with Pandey. I think team India win tonight.

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Besides killing promising young careers, Kohli-Shastri were at least experts at winning bilateral series, even that did not happen here. More agony ahead for them for what they have been doing to young players.

I do hope Dada shows them the mirror and asks them to stop gloating after beating poor sides like WI, BD and SL.

Correct.

India played a poor home series, imo against these crap countries. There is nothing to gloat about beating them. In fact some of these teams were in great positions to win some games in India too.

5 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

1.) Bowlers don't seem prepared as a unit, don't have variations and alternative plans that all good LOI bowlers have. When on song, a Bumrah, Shami, Kuldeep, chahal cld run through sides, but it's all down to individual - our bevy of coaches seem to contribute bare minimum & give soundbytes to media

2.) WTH is Jadhav doing in team if he's not gonna bowl even 2-3 overs?? Play pandey ffs, atleast u get a gun fielder..i.e if u are allergic to youth like gill, pant.

3.) Jadeja even after his extraordinary WC inning, doesn't inspire confidence with bat that he can get us over the line. Being 30+ with almost a decade of experience, he still doesn't take responsibility of marshalling  the tail or show capability to manipulate field/bowlers

4.) Young players - Mayank, Shaw, Iyer, maybe even gill are not 100% tight against seam..need good batting coach to keep working with these guys 

Kohli knows that youth will take the media spotlight off him. Thats why he loves players like Jadhav, Thakur etc. Media dont care and they cant even perform.

Just now, SRT100 said:

I know Kohli wants to screw Pant's career, but at least if he want with Pandey. I think team India win tonight.

it seems like he sees pant as a member of the test team. all these soundbytes about pant's wicketkeeping and all round game from the TM and Kohli seem to suggest that he's not in consideration for the loi teams because they keep comparing him to dhoni. the centuries he has scored abroad in red ball cricket will buy him some rope considering that Saha is not young and picks up injuries.

Just now, rollingstoned said:

it seems like he sees pant as a member of the test team. all these soundbytes about pant's wicketkeeping and all round game from the TM and Kohli seem to suggest that he's not in consideration for the loi teams because they keep comparing him to dhoni. the centuries he has scored abroad in red ball cricket will buy him some rope considering that Saha is not young and picks up injuries.

I hope in the IPL, that Pant wins his team the title for his batting and humiliates Kohli and Shastri.