Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Performing in SENA conditions is much more respected and honored than performing in SC conditions.

Will have to call BS on this.

There is nothing consistent called SC conditions or SENA conditions.

Performing in Australia AND India is more more respected and honoured (than Eng, NZ, Pak, SL).

"final frontier" etc are used for those series. 

Two teams with the most dominant home records in this century.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Let Shastri run the team without Kohli ... we may see some really good decisions.

He was known as a good tactician in his playing days ... but does not seem to say much against the decisions of Kohli.

The thing about Shastri's tactical mind is, that he knows what will happen to him if he pushes back too strongly against Kuptaan.  But there comes a time when the team's record and glaring repitition of mistakes becomes too much to ignore.

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Saw the highlights

My two cents

Mayank and Rishabh looked in great touch with the bat..in full flow.

- shammi was in a very relaxed mode and still he got 3 wickets indicates , he is going to rock in the Test Match.

BUmrah was also beating the batsman well..got 2 wickets too...

umesh and saini were not looking too dangerous..saini at least got 2 batsman clean bowled, i think saini may have bowled a shade faster than umesh and possibly he should be selected as the third pacer instead of Umesh as i think Umesh looked slower and less impressive than Saini.

ashwin and jaddu looked as seriously in capable SPINNERS. i would actually prefer to play 4 pacers and all other batsman. No Point having spinners who are there to just get thrashed.

16 hours ago, FischerTal said:

good, that means he has passed the Ranji test, but still dont think he's ready for international cricket. needs to play A tours before he gets the call for national team.

a teenager who hits a ton in his first test against west indies and folks like sachin openly calling him closest to him..- he is very special..shaw is going to hit big runs ..but i think he is a bit like sehwag..goes over board. secondly he may not be playing the inswing ball well but i think he will adjust and plan for that ball.

i see him rocking. 

but i am delighted mayank scored as he has a solid defence and now if he does not snick in first slip, he is destined to get 100 soon.

Pujara , vihari , kohli are solid and Rahane will find the going tough. but rahane is a mumbai KHADOOS batsman and since i have played in Mumbai clubs. Mumbai coaches nag a lot , truly a lot and because of that a batsman ( like rahane) applies himself in the match and results do come. batsman curbs his natural stroke play in mumbai but gets to stick and play a longer innings...so i wont be surprised if rahane also scores in one of the innings.

i think ashwin or jaddu will struggle.

3 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Hope he succeeds, but with the way he’s been getting out, I doubt it

We often have a tendency to be skeptical and cynical of non-orthodox batting styles - that's because India has given cricket a parade of classical batting masters.  But unorthodoxy can succeed, although it has longer odds.  

Chalk it up to a fan who loved watching Veeru bat in test cricket - every ball was an event - and also a nod to Prithvi's undeniably strong FC and 'A' tour record - the guy has a shot.  Let's see how it goes.  And NZ, along with England, are probably the 2 places where he's least likely to succeed.  

Let's try and keep and open mind and not write him off hastily - even if he has the odd failure or 2.  Tough ask - given the absolute luxury of batting prospects on the bench.  But still.

From this video of the 2nd day of this match  ....

Bumrah and Shami look a class above all the other pacers from either side.  Much more lethal.

Bumrah, Shami, Saini and Kuggeleijn look very quick visually.  But Saini did not get as much natural bounce as the other 3.

Saini seems to have bowled better than Umesh ... but gave too many half volleys.

Edited by express bowling

mayank seems to be lifting the bat a little more in his stance now , a bit like prithvi ..he seems to have done some definite CHANGE in his technique.

but ya bot Prithvi and Mayank are destined for Greatness- specially Prithvi will definitely be a hit in test and ODI and mayank is a bloddy " Khadoos" batsman , has already scored a few centuries and a double, goes to show that when he gets set , he wants to hit a century.

he seems to have sorted out the Issue that everyone had found in his technique....my money is on him( more than Prithvi) to score good runs in this test. I hope Pujara does not get into his ZERO Mode when he stops scoring , i hope he does his sheet anchor job but also continues his scoring a bit.

but yep wagner and boult ...blunting them down will ensure virat and others score at will against them, so pujara's blunting these bowlers benefit the other batsman. i rate southee low now..he does have a bit of swing in his first 3-4 overs and after that i feel he is not worth it now.

Boult is Special and wagner has made a name for himself ...wagner's bouncers.

if i have to pick 3 pacers - i will pick bumrah , shammi, Saini and bench Umesh ( as umesh did not look threatening in the practice match).

My team for the first test match would be-

1. Mayank
  2. Prithvi
  3. pujara
  4. Virat
  5. Rahane ..had gill scored runs in the practice , i would have thought of playing him ahead of Rahane.
  6. Vihari
  7. Saha ( with top 6 good batsman in form , i need a good wicket keeper first  , i will play saha ahead of Rishabh , though rishabh is a much better Batsman)
  8. ASHWIN ( though ash and jaddu both looked most Ineffective , i would have preferred Kuldeep but possibly he can be tried in the next Test)
  9. Saini ( Umesh seems to be turning into a 135 to 140 K bowler now..his prodigious swing was not visible in the practice match, so he is not ahead of saini)
  10. Shammi
  11. Boom boom