Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Playing a sixth batsmen gives so much room for error.If so called bits and pieces allrounder was playing instead of Vihari and Saha instead of Pant, we would be looking at long tail now.

We now atleast have batsmen till no8.

Just checked all of them got centuries upto no.8

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

500? lol It is a case in NZ generally. Touring team gets all out for 150. NZ will put up a total of 500

It  is easiest to bat on days 3 and 4, there will some juice till tomorrow tea I guess, afer that flattens out considerably. If we can get 300 and put them to bat tomorrow morning, with overcast conditions we give ourselves a chance to bat again when it is damn easy. Then set a target and hope 4th innings run chase pressure sees us through. 

Just now, putrevus said:

That was such a stupid shot.Three of four wickets have been due batsmen errors.

Correct.

Useless, meaningless poor shot in the context of the game. All he had to do was bat till tea when the wicket would hopefully settle down.

Indian batsmen making the same mistakes overseas. Bunch of morons.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

It  is easiest to bat on days 3 and 4, there will some juice till tomorrow tea I guess, afer that flattens out considerably. If we can get 300 and put them to bat tomorrow morning, with overcast conditions we give ourselves a chance to bat again when it is damn easy. Then set a target and hope 4th innings run chase pressure sees us through. 

India wont get 300.

They will be lucky to get to 200. A score around 150-175 is on the cards here.

The problem with this sort of batting is these guys are never in nor they are keeping the score board ticking.Mayank did all the hard work only to throw his wicket away.

Aussies in 2000s never changed their tempo , they attacked from ball 1 and put the pressure back to bowlers.Our batsmen are not doing that also, they are simply prodding and going nowhere with this approach.

1st day. Ind in. 100/5 kind of situation. Nothing new .... I thought Pujara was batting well but got a good ball. If he had played out the session, it would have been a different story. I won’t be surprised if gets a 100 in this series 

Now we will have to bowl well.  Hope likes of Ishant are fit enough to bowl at full steam