Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

41 minutes ago, Lannister said:

This is one of the reasons I support ICC's decision to hold tournament every year. This decade, Indian cricket was all about cheap wins and fake bravado. What it needs is tough competitions and consistent humiliation to force BCCI to bring the necessary change in the system and get rid of star culture and rampant regional bias. 

honestly Karnataka team plays with more passion when they represent their state side( misplaced yes from rest of india pov as its just inter state but still), its unbelievable that an athlete training to do this one thing all his life can play so meekly when representing their country. 

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i remember the joburg test SA were targeting the bodies Vijay lol copped atleast 120 odd balls most on his body and then KL rahul before kohli and rahane capitalized. That was a gritty game. 

Yeah, Vijay scored just 27-28 I think but was worth a ton, immense courage. 

this match emphatically underlines the  importance of  multi format(atleast 2 main format)  batsmen with  as much  possible left-right combo who  

plays positively & aggressively as much as poosible. At best only one grafter (not Pujara for sure)  is required that too at 1 down  or as opener

27 minutes ago, VT87 said:

That Ashwin  dismissal did not look out ball was drifting towards leg side ,grandma looked more out but ball missed the stump according to Hawkeye. Nz definitely manipulating technology 

Why does the Baki mullah officiate in India matches? Always biased against India, not even good these days. BCCI power is so overrated, no contact with that terror country means no contact, no half measures. Agree with your observation about ball tracking technology, kuch toh golmaal chal raha hai. Anyone who denies this needs to visit the nearest ophthalmologist. 

Blundell, Taylor, Grandhomme were plumb out, they were new to the crease then, cost us min 100 runs. Mayank and Ashwin were not out, period. Baki *tard was involved in all those decisions. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, VT87 said:

That Ashwin  dismissal did not look out ball was drifting towards leg side ,grandma looked more out but ball missed the stump according to Hawkeye. Nz definitely manipulating technology 

may be its because we are Indians but yes i have to agree and in the same breath dismiss it as it will take us no where. May be BCCI needs to be sure if the technology cant be tampered with both those decisions looks down leg but magically the ball was hitting one of the stumps to be umpires call,or may be NZ were just more accurate ( which in itself is very weird, bowlers suddenly dont become inaccurate - Indian pace gang are super accurate)

6 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Everyone having a go at Kohli here. Without him contributing with the Bat. This is the status of our team. Sad how Captain always gets the stick. 

What did your so called youngster Shaw do ? It's not Kohli's fault. Team selection wasn't wrong atall. Alright he didn't do well with the bat along with pujara this Test. 

Yes indeed. NZ fans also comment the same way when Williamson sucks dck and then blame is put on blundell.

As the captain and so called best batsman in the world, we expect this ratass to at least outscore boult in 2 innings combined. This clown should refrain from making comments in the future. Just winning a couple of home series against useless opponents like lanka, bangloldesh and windies doesn’t make you world beaters. When you travel abroad you’re treated like a bit*h and it’s high time ratass realizes it. I think he does and can’t do anything about it.

India will be a stronger side the day this brat fcker calls it a day. I don’t remember a single food innings in sena that helped India winning the game. The arrogant prick should try to do that instead of making pointless centuries in India where even useless guys can get them when chasing under lights.

19 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

India will be a stronger side the day this brat fcker calls it a day. I don’t remember a single food innings in sena that helped India winning the game. The arrogant prick should try to do that instead of making pointless centuries in India where even useless guys can get them when chasing under lights.

His best innigs was at adalide when we try to chase 340 something

5 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

That was against a good bowling attack having Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood. I agree it was a momentous feat.

But choking outside of that series in other SENA countries has been his nemesis. 

fab 4 haven't won a series in RSA themselves. Granted they played a weak NZ team back in those days. 

50 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

fab 4 haven't won a series in RSA themselves. Granted they played a weak NZ team back in those days. 

Something people forget. The 2009 NZ team was the weakest in its history, but somehow that 1-0 win gets a lot of hype while 2018 Aus win is called overrated. We know how Fab 4 team fared against decent NZ sides. 

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

may be its because we are Indians but yes i have to agree and in the same breath dismiss it as it will take us no where. May be BCCI needs to be sure if the technology cant be tampered with both those decisions looks down leg but magically the ball was hitting one of the stumps to be umpires call,or may be NZ were just more accurate ( which in itself is very weird, bowlers suddenly dont become inaccurate - Indian pace gang are super accurate)

i think we are reading too much into what is a line call - NZ bowlers have shown ability to swing the ball one way and then get it to seam the other, whereas our bowlers didn't swing it much at all. That cld explain why ball tracking shows ball clipping leg stump for Ashwin, as ball straightened a fraction after pitching whereas to naked eye the initial swing makes u think it will drift down leg.

Edited by Cricwala
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Something people forget. The 2009 NZ team was the weakest in its history, but somehow that 1-0 win gets a lot of hype while 2018 Aus win is called overrated. We know how Fab 4 team fared against decent NZ sides. 

its a stretch things to call that team 'weakest in NZ history' - it had Vettori, McCullum, Guptill, a rampant Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor, Chris Martin (No. 5 in NZ test bowling list), James Franklin did CDG like job as all rounder. Southee played in 1 match. it was a regular, fighting NZ team, and we dominated - should have won 2-0. That win alone does'nt get hype, but it means more when taken in conjunction with other SENA performances of that period (1-1 in SA, 1-2 narrow loss in Aus, 1-0 win in Eng)  

7 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

its a stretch things to call that team 'weakest in NZ history' - it had Vettori, McCullum, Guptill, a rampant Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor, Chris Martin (No. 5 in NZ test bowling list), James Franklin did CDG like job as all rounder. Southee played in 1 match. it was a regular, fighting NZ team, and we dominated - should have won 2-0. That win alone does'nt get hype, but it means more when taken in conjunction with other SENA performances of that period (1-1 in SA, 1-2 narrow loss in Aus, 1-0 win in Eng)  

Time permitting I will analyze their personnel later, very weak team IMO.

They were fighting with WI to avoid #8 ranking in tests, that should tell the story, no?

PS- Guptill was a rubbish test batsman