How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

13 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Singapore has just 12 deaths so they may have tested too many asymptomatic people . The cases are still nothing where rapid antibody test is showing that 1 in 5 New York people, 2.7 million  people has antibodies.

12-13k cases 12 deaths. I guess this is PCR positives....antibody positive (and hopefully immune) people could be 1 lac easily looking at the trend of other nations

Giving it a fatality rate of 12 per lac => 0.012%

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

12-13k cases 12 deaths. I guess this is PCR positives....antibody positive (and hopefully immune) people could be 1 lac easily looking at the trend of other nations

Giving it a fatality rate of 12 per lac => 0.012%

You should read reports 

Virus can mutate and one can be infected again. 

Seems like herd immunity is going down the drain. 

On 4/20/2020 at 2:27 PM, someone said:

A warm country like Singapore has seen huge cases. So temperature is not a crucial factor in transmittion. 

And we got our lockdown in right moment, without it we would have had a 6 digit number of cases. 

Study shows heat, humiidity, sunlight in external conditions can kill the virus on surfaces within 30 seconds and therefore reduce the rapid spread of the virus. But virus can still spread from person to person if they are still living in close proximity and continue to survive inside the body. Being out in the sun after getting the virus will not kill the virus. 

Edited by kubrickian

10 hours ago, kosingh said:

Quite aloof of India to deny that there is community transmission 

In a country with our population and 26k cases, how would you accept it's community transmission? If there was community transmission, numbers would have been in a million by now.

17 hours ago, rkt.india said:

In a country with our population and 26k cases, how would you accept it's community transmission? If there was community transmission, numbers would have been in a million by now.

Well if you accept the 28k cases, are you saying the death rate for this virus in India is going to be around 3.1% (since 881 deaths are known)?

A bit concerning that a number of covid patients unable to get admitted. Many hospitals are full or not taking covid patients. Even some infected doctors unable to get admitted ... being asked to go to hospital to hospital in search of a bed. 

23 minutes ago, kosingh said:

A bit concerning that a number of covid patients unable to get admitted. Many hospitals are full or not taking covid patients. Even some infected doctors unable to get admitted ... being asked to go to hospital to hospital in search of a bed. 

Where is happening? that very concerning thing indeed if its true with our population 

45 minutes ago, kosingh said:

I saw a couple of reports from Mumbai. Hopefully these are just isolated incidents. 

I hope is Isolated incident to , This  is the thing I am worried post lock-down but hear it happening when we are in lock-down with pretty controlled spread is terrifying 

8 hours ago, kosingh said:

I saw a couple of reports from Mumbai. Hopefully these are just isolated incidents. 

You probably saw those fake reports on BBC. With just 29k patient in India officially how can hospital be full. Maharashtra has just 7k. It's just logic and common sense. 

As expected Sennai shooting up because of the mismanagement. 103/121 cases yesterday in TN coming out of it alone. A couple of children are also among the affected. Koyambedu has been closed i guess. The number of containment areas have shot up from 84 to 168 and now standing at 202 there. It is expected that most of the cases hereon from TN will be mostly from Sennai. Rest of TN have contained it more or less. One major relief is it is still  lower among the major Indian metros.

It is way past time that the state governments start addressing the high population density in Indian metros. This I feel was just a warning. Can't afford to have public health crisis in slums as we're seeing it clearly.

Edited by Stan AF

madras madical collage hostel staff + students  + doctors are quarantined for the last 1 week ( 1200+ people ) ..

tn government handled this diligently without creating any panic ..

village mathematical genius should either get his facts right or should not comment from his/her backside @maniac :whack: 

Ghana has warm weather, it says it is better prepared now to tackle the virus ...lifted its lockdown 10 days back ... I wish India also did this.

16 deaths till now in a country of 3 crore people...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-19/ghana-president-lifts-lockdown-on-improved-virus-preparedness&ved=2ahUKEwj-mfLtvI3pAhWl6nMBHbJZC_gQ0PADMAh6BAgJECY&usg=AOvVaw1FApBHw4_gjcYDbb6UGILx

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ghana/

Edited by randomGuy

What I don't understand is why the hell Government is not allowing ecommerce to deliver non essential goods. It's already 37 days and people just don't need food and medicine to live. Lots of things which are non essential for few days become essential in prolonged time.

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

What I don't understand is why the hell Government is not allowing ecommerce to deliver non essential goods. It's already 37 days and people just don't need food and medicine to live. Lots of things which are non essential for few days become essential in prolonged time.

In my view, just get rid of the lockdown, in 6 week lockdown you (govt) should have done preparations.