"20 intubations, but no patient who took Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin combo got intubated"

randomGuy

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Currently, Indian Medic communIty is taking 1 tablet a week. 

This medic community is directly in touch of Corona

have been reading a lot on hydroxychloroquine, India's capacity right now is 20 crore tablets per month.. cadilla, ipca, torrent et cetera are the manufacturers,cadila said it will increase its capacity from 2 crore to 20 crore tablets per month ...if every supplier does it then we could produce 200 crore tablets per month. Fingers crossed... we need to supply to entire world.

^^these 20 cr. Tabs are each of 200 mg dosage btw.

If 20% population of the world is High risk (old age person, healthcare worker etc). and we make 10 pills for every high risk person, then the need is atleast 15 billion (1500 cr. ) Pills worldwide

On 4/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Not really. The death rate for ages 60-69 is 3.6%, 70-79 is 8% and 80+ is 15%.  

The death rate once intubated shoots up to a 60-70%.

And a large percentage of those having comorbidities, above the age of 60 end up having to go on the ventilator.

Italy, has ordered doctors to not put the 80+ year olds on ventilators because they have empirical data showing that it *doesn't* necessarily increase their chance of survival.

From what I've read whatever little tests that are performed for Hydroxychloroquine are done on people in the 20-50 age bracket. There is a general consensus that success in the 20-50 age group doesn't necessarily translate to success among the older people. Also, like gattaca said in this thread, the drug has caused cardiac arrest in some older people.

To me, this hypoxychloroquine looks like its being pushed not just for medical reasons. Probably some vested business interested too.

Edited by Mariyam

36 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

To be this hypoxychloroquine looks like its being pushed not just for medical reasons. Probably some vested business interested too

not sure about that, there's a fair bit of desperation and willingness to try anything promising.  Let's not be quick to assume malice where simpler motivations may exist...

7 hours ago, randomGuy said:

have been reading a lot on hydroxychloroquine, India's capacity right now is 20 crore tablets per month.. cadilla, ipca, torrent et cetera are the manufacturers,cadila said it will increase its capacity from 2 crore to 20 crore tablets per month ...if every supplier does it then we could produce 200 crore tablets per month. Fingers crossed... we need to supply to entire world.

I give a damn, if this drug is officially not classed as antiviral. But I hope India supplies the medicine to whole world. Ego of people and nations can take back seat. 
This is effing killing people and we must save anyone and everyone. Hindu Muslim Christian black chinese white brown left right centre can can wait. Corporate, Medical, finance, economy, politics , all can wait

On 4/4/2020 at 2:10 AM, sandeep said:

My cousin is a Nurse, they have already had patients who are in ICU and on ventilators even after being given Hydroxychloroquine.  So its not a sure thing, don't get too excited.

Bhai, I am talking about word and behaviour of top people of top medical institutions of India.They have no option as they haven’t got same facility like special Corona ward. They are without PPE. 

So,  as per them, Its not cure. It just boost your immune.1 tablet a week will do.

Edited by mishra

4 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Hydroxychloroquine Azithromycin combo may be unsafe for some heart patients, for that consult your doctor but hydroxychloroquine alone is fairly harmless  in small doses from what I read (even for that you would consult ur doctor obviously)...

But we don't know that it works for CoViD-19.  That's why we must rely on double-blind randomized clinical trials and detailed clinical trials before announcing it as a cure.  At this time it is only a *potential* cure.

23 minutes ago, mishra said:

Bhai, I am talking about word and behaviour of top people of top medical institutions of India.They have no option as they haven’t got same facility like special Corona ward. They are without PPE. 

So,  as per them, Its not cure. It just boost your immune.1 tablet a week will do.

Umm ... HCQ is an immunosuppresant, not an immune-booster.  

3 hours ago, mishra said:

I give a damn, if this drug is officially not classed as antiviral. But I hope India supplies the medicine to whole world. Ego of people and nations can take back seat. 
This is effing killing people and we must save anyone and everyone. Hindu Muslim Christian black chinese white brown left right centre can can wait. Corporate, Medical, finance, economy, politics , all can wait

But only after efficacy is established. 

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The death rate once intubated shoots up to a 60-70%.

And a large percentage of those having comorbidities, above the age of 60 end up having to go on the ventilator.

Italy, has ordered doctors to not put the 80+ year olds on ventilators because they have empirical data showing that it *doesn't* necessarily increase their chance of survival.

From what I've read whatever little tests that are performed for Hydroxychloroquine are done on people in the 20-50 age bracket. There is a general consensus that success in the 20-50 age group doesn't necessarily translate to success among the older people. Also, like gattaca said in this thread, the drug has caused cardiac arrest in some older people.

To me, this hypoxychloroquine looks like its being pushed not just for medical reasons. Probably some vested business interested too.

Got to agree with sandeep below.  I think it is a case of desperation and a well-intentioned need to feel like the one to save the world.  Also, the history of science is replete with old zealots who were blinded by their faith in their own hypotheses and discoveries, and not willing to see reason despite being objective scientists early in their careers.  People are complex.   

32 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Umm ... HCQ is an immunosuppresant, not an immune-booster.  

I am not doc. I just gave the facts based on my personal contacts in Apollo and other senior docs. As i said 1 tablet a week if u think you are among corona guys

Also , i trust those docs more than Britains medical/science advisors who in my opinion is grade 1 chewtiya.

Edited by mishra

27 minutes ago, mishra said:

I am not doc. I just gave the facts based on my personal contacts in Apollo and other senior docs. As i said 1 tablet a week if u think you are among corona guys

Also , i trust those docs more than Britains medical/science advisors who in my opinion is grade 1 chewtiya.

There is no America-India-UK chewtiyapaa here.  The reason it is used to treat auto-immune diseases such as lupus is because it is an immunosuppressant.  You can ask them.  Many doctors around the world are using it as a prophylactic for CoViD-19 based on a couple of small studies with small sample sizes.  They are doing this because they are grasping at anything that is easily available and has even a little potential. Can't blame them - they are taking a huge risk and whatever they want to do to possibly protect themselves is their prerogative.  My point is that, just based on these small studies, one must not proclaim it to be a treatment for everyone.   We need large sample sizes and rigorous statistical analyses.  These can be expedited, but not eliminated.  

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka