IPL in depth Stats and analysis

Ankit_sharma03

6 minutes ago, zen said:

As I said such stats can lead to logical fallacies as if you are picking b/w Kohli or Maxell/Russell/SDP/ to bat from ball 1 (not coming into 16th over after playing 20+ balls), most will slot the later 

Which is why avoid stats done randomly by people in suncon (most people are grown up on logical fallacies to make meaningful inferences from numbers) 

ill pick acc to opp bowler - no way on earth will i pick maxwell or russel if opp bowler is wood, starc, archer ..........it ll be kohli against them in death also 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ill pick acc to opp bowler - no way on earth will i pick maxwell or russel if opp bowler is wood, starc, archer ..........it ll be kohli against them in death also 

Practically, teams would pick players per the situation best suited over a number of games ... I am not sure if teams would slot Kohli at #6-7 over these guys ... In the last WC, Kohli struggled to hit Afridi despite playing a number of balls (In Ind, most Indian batsmen perform so stats are also influenced by that) 

6 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Although no one is going to see or comment, I found these percentile charts cool-

https://twitter.com/albatrosscric/status/1641304358984843264?s=20

https://twitter.com/albatrosscric/status/1641304338512371714?s=20

Rashid's success is also due to the pace which is bowls at, Bishnoi is also doing the same by bowling quick googlies at a nagging length. They aren't not much dependent on flight (like Chahal, Kuldeep, Adil) but are most beating the batters due to the combo of pace + turn.

Shami's performance I was discussing with my friends on WP (when site was down), unlike other bowlers he isn't going for slower, knuckle or any other variations in death but is sticking to hard length seam up deliveries. He did the same in T20 WC as well, where he performed very well except for the last game.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/how-can-rcb-turn-the-chinnaswamy-stadium-into-a-fortress-1370568

How can RCB turn the Chinnaswamy Stadium into a fortress?

The conditions mean RCB don't have any discernible advantage at home, where their 50% win record is the second lowest in IPL history

While other franchises can tailor their bowling attacks to their home conditions, both spin and seam alike tend to go the distance in Bengaluru. Perhaps it is little wonder that RCB's overall win percentage at home - exactly 50%, excluding no-results and Super Overs - is the second-lowest of any franchise across IPL history, close behind Capitals'.

In fact, there is a negligible difference between their home and away records in the IPL - and it is surely no coincidence that RCB's first-ever run of three consecutive play-off appearances came over the last three seasons, when the pandemic meant they did not play a single game at home.

So it looks like both Delhi and Bengaluru don't really have home advantages in the IPL.