Dravida bug spreading in Bengaluru

coffee_rules

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Yes. its a staple diet for all times. Sometimes during school, I ate idliles in the morning and packed some for lunch too because it was the easiest to make. Although I would have 4 idlies. 2-3 is too small but of course that depends on the size of the idlies. Also Idlies is a great carb (supposedly a miracle food accordign to whatsapp researchers :phehe:) because it also involves fermentation. Idly has an advantage over dosa in that it doesn't involve oil. Dosa when cooked with sesame oil or peanut oil is just as good but they are very expensive these days. I will write how the food industry is marketing cheap vegetable oils and make traditional oils more expensive in another thread

Depends on ammount of urad ( uzhundu)..higher better.

Idly by itself has no taste, unless there is Tamil style thick Sambhar full of veggies I avoid it. My grandma makes Milagu (Pepper) Rasam quite often and regularly in case someone is sick or even has mild cold. I developed a taste for Idly soaked in Milagu Rasam in my childhood. Can't find it in restaurants but sometimes in Iyer Mess (Malleswaram) they make it as part of meals. Also goes well with curd, 50:50 mixture and just gulp it down. 

Edited by Gollum

41 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It is being revived by SanskritBharati and other Indic organizations to make it pan-Hindu and not just for temple priests. I have started to learn Sanskrit through them before it all stopped due to Covid.  Sanskrit was made dead by British Macaulay and the Macaulay Putters after India got independence. Raja Ram Mohan Roy petiitioned the BEICo to induct Macaulay's education in India to replace the old Gurukul system. Dharam Pal has documented or provided data proof of how the education system worked in India before British came.

It was mostly Sanskrit based for all castes. Then the respective professions would be taught so they can be useful later in life. It became a thing of oppression as well. It is not all bad , but not completely good as Dharmics claim. Sanskrit was the link language pan India. That was how sadhus and saints travelled around and preached in a commin language. Sankara from Kerala went to North to Kashmir and established the chaar mathas. Vivekananda came down south and preached the antiquity and reform of Hindu society. They all used Sanskrit. We have rendered it useless because of discontinuation of our civilizational school system. 

There was scope for so much improvement, I have studied science - Phy/Chem/Bio in Kannada medium till 8th. Most of the scientific terminology had equivalent words derieved from Sanskrit. Bhugol (Geography) shows we knew of Heliocentrism much before the west. If there was some leadership drive during Independence movement to move back to our roots, we could have developed more like China/Korea. Insteas we chose English. Once in place for 5 generations and all of India, we cannot divorce now. English has to be link language. I was convinced of three language formula, but this has put a disadvantage on other states , as they become second-class. IMO, we should move on from this divide and embrace practicality. Let's try to talk in English or official languages of India (all 14/18 of them). Use technology to translate from English to HIndi/whatever language as they do in EU. Go forward using S&T, If we can have Google Translate, we can do good with link language issue. Those who can't afford, will get by anyhow - practically. 

The HindiImposition is mainly used by political parties to oppose Central rule to gain popularity. A kind of division to garner votes/political training for Youth cadre to move up the ladded in the regional parties.

BTW, TamBrams are called worse than mere TairSaadams. They are derogatively referred to as ‘Parpaan’ or “Parpanar” by the DKs/DMKs. I

If Sanskrit is a vital language for science and development which I don't doubt, we can have it as an optional class and dump hindi for non-hindi students. Hindi will take its place as a regional language for those hindi belt states. Link language can be English. So only 2 languages and Sanksrit as an optional.

My tamil studies were very basic but all the treatises of Siddha practices, meditation, astrology, and medicine are written in Tamil and that too old Tamil. I guess I won't have enough time to pursue that hobby and I'm ruing my lack of interest in studying Tamil. There are tons of libraries throughout Chennai with loads of books on ancient literature there and I can't even use them.

I know that Parpan term is offensive but I couldn't find out why. It just means "he sees" could be extended to "he oversees". The term seer which is used for sages also means he could see that others can't. Oh well. Its the way they say it and the will to cause harm that may cause the offense than the word itself. Like the term negro. It is a spanish word for black. But it became a racial word. Even today, in most mexican shops, black beans are called negra beans

27 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Idly by itself has no taste, unless there is Tamil style thick Sambhar full of veggies I avoid it. My grandma makes Milagu (Pepper) Rasam quite often and regularly in case someone is sick or even has mild cold. I developed a taste for Idly soaked in Milagu Rasam in my childhood. Can't find it in restaurants but sometimes in Iyer Mess (Malleswaram) they make it as part of meals. Also goes well with curd, 50:50 mixture and just gulp it down. 

Try hot Idli in Shankarapuram - Brahmin’s coffee bar . They serve hot idli vada soaking with green chutney. It’s da bomb. I hate Idli served with sambar, it should be with watery chutney like this..

idly-vada-at-brahmins-coffee-bar1.jpg

24 minutes ago, gattaca said:

No he is telugu. Lastname Nayak. 

C’mon, there are Nayaks in Konkanis, Karnataka, Maharashtra. Chennai belonged to Telugus mainly because it was populated by Telugu speaking public during independence. During Tipu’s period Bengaluru was a smaller city than Srirangapatna, later,  it became a British Cantonment, attracting jobs and industries and became a big city.

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Try hot Idli in Shankarapuram - Brahmin’s coffee bar . They serve hot idli vada soaking with green chutney. It’s da bomb. I hate Idli served with sambar, it should be with watery chutney like this..

There may be other places that serve idlis of that quality, but uddin-vade?  No one even comes close.  Nowhere in the world.  Maybe they put ganja or cocaine in it, but hotdamn ...  

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

C’mon, there are Nayaks in Konkanis, Karnataka, Maharashtra. Chennai belonged to Telugus mainly because it was populated by Telugu speaking public during independence. During Tipu’s period Bengaluru was a smaller city than Srirangapatna, later,  it became a British Cantonment, attracting jobs and industries and became a big city.

I searched google and I couldn't find any link that says he is kannada all of them say he is telugu. 

Edited by gattaca

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

If the sambhar is thinner you could make dumplings out of idli and soak them in it. But i usually prefer thicker versions. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

So here is the zen trick. 

When they make coconut chutney at home ususally folks will add lots of coconut and make it nice and thick. Thats one taste and the other is chutney with lesser coconut. The chutney shown in the pick is the version you get in all shanti sagar sukh sagars hold back the coconut. 

26 minutes ago, gattaca said:

I searched google and I couldn't find any link that says he is kannada all of them say he is telugu. 

I didn’t claim he is a kannadiga, but your logic of going by last name . It is well known fact that Chennai had lots of Telugu speaking people to own up such rights 

25 minutes ago, Vilander said:

So here is the zen trick. 

When they make coconut chutney at home ususally folks will add lots of coconut and make it nice and thick. Thats one taste and the other is chutney with lesser coconut. The chutney shown in the pick is the version you get in all shanti sagar sukh sagars hold back the coconut. 

Yes, true. Also, to get such restaurant style chutney taste, soak a few raw peanuts and grind it with rest of the ingredients 

24 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I want to marry a good looking South Indian girl. Any leads?

Bahut se hai. Dekh jo tera expectation hai woh to tere mooh pe thookenge bhi nahi.

bhaak yaha se. Anonymously har koi john abraham hai jise Deepika chahiye (ye le tera lead)