Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

A bowler who can beat the batsmen on defence either bowled, lbw, or edges is the one who knows how to take wickets.

That is oversimplifying a process sitting in the comfort of our rooms. While against each batsmen, each bowler has their own process, they make them play on the front foot or back foot so on and so forth to demand a response they deem perfect to get the wicket. 

Given a choice, I'd go with a short of a length ball on or by the off stump is a simple process to make the batsmen wary.  

But what we cant do is oversimplify a process. Even a bowler like Umesh Yadav who we term brainless, willfully goes for boundaries or sixes when the bigger picture is to make the batsmen play a certain shot so they could get them out. Theres always a game plan, it works one day and it doesnt on the other.

10 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

That is oversimplifying a process sitting in the comfort of our rooms. While against each batsmen, each bowler has their own process, they make them play on the front foot or back foot so on and so forth to demand a response they deem perfect to get the wicket. 

Given a choice, I'd go with a short of a length ball on or by the off stump is a simple process to make the batsmen wary.  

But what we cant do is oversimplify a process. Even a bowler like Umesh Yadav who we term brainless, willfully goes for boundaries or sixes when the bigger picture is to make the batsmen play a certain shot so they could get them out. Theres always a game plan, it works one day and it doesnt on the other.

What I was saying is keeping things simple. They might have plans, might not have but whether they stick to it or not is a different thing. Not many can stick to the plan all the time. Those who do become good bowlers. We by nature depending on our neurotype try to do different things, we seek novelty. Doing same thing is boring and monotonous. 

10 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

What I was saying is keeping things simple. They might have plans, might not have but whether they stick to it or not is a different thing. Not many can stick to the plan all the time. Those who do become good bowlers. We by nature depending on our neurotype try to do different things, we seek novelty. Doing same thing is boring and monotonous.