Punjab could've easily been at 12 points now.

I6MTW

They should've won first match against Delhi when they needed just 1 off 3.

They should've won the match against RR where they scored 220+.

And they definitely should have won the match against Kolkata when they needed just 20 odd off of 3 overs with quite a number of wickets and hand. 

Instead of 6 points, they would be sitting right at the top with 12 points now. A very thin line and fine margins between success and failure.

3 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

Abbe shouda wouda gaye tel lene....abhi kahaani baaki hai. I can see a spot in final already

I would love to see punjab in the final, lekin paanch aur matches kaise jeet saktha? They would have won 7 in a row to make it, which is a tall order. They can make it close though.

29 minutes ago, Serpico said:

true. but still they can be the comeback kids here. they got decent nrr thanks to all those close games, if they win another 4 out of next 5, they can easily edge past kkr and make to play offs

In fact, any  team in the bottom half can push for #4 spot if it plays well from now on 

1 hour ago, I6MTW said:

They should've won first match against Delhi when they needed just 1 off 3.

They should've won the match against RR where they scored 220+.

And they definitely should have won the match against Kolkata when they needed just 20 odd off of 3 overs with quite a number of wickets and hand. 

Instead of 6 points, they would be sitting right at the top with 12 points now. A very thin line and fine margins between success and failure.

Would have could have doesn’t work in t20s.

Every 2nd game of a t20, regardless of the league, you will see one over changes the game and shifts the momentum. Yes, Punjab surely should have won that 3 ball 1 run game since teams very rarely lose that kind of game. But all other games which mention with different scenarios are somethinf which are too common to t20 cricket that we can’t be shocked since we keep seeing teams losing when they should have won in this format of the game. This is because the nature of the t20 game ensures teams and players make silly mistakes. They get exposed more in t20 than say 50 overs where you have enough time to repair things back if yoi have made a mistake.

T20 doesn’t give you that wiggle room.