David Warner , reformed chilled out in a new avatar

8 hours ago, maniac said:

He is kinda adorable in this new avatar. Usually I think I have a good bs detector :hmmm: and can figure out fakery but he comes across genuine or he is a real good actor.

whereas antics of some people like Kohli, Pandya come out so fake, not genuine. Few years ago I used to hate Warner to the range of Ponting Clarke. He has changed for good. Smith is also turning around a corner, not as much as Warner though

Edited by coffee_rules
1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

whereas antics of some people like Kohli, Pandya come out so fake, not genuine. Few years ago I used to hate Warner to the range of Ponting Clarke. He has changed for good. Smith is also turning around a corner, not as much as Warner though

Same here! I used to hate Warner for being sledger in chief. But it was a role given to him by the think tank.  I noticed how there was talk of finishing off his career in the aftermath of the ball tampering issue. Warner was thrown under the bus for a collective crime, singled out unfairly.

Then I saw how committed he was to entertaining IPL fans and I started liking him. He can easily get by putting in just 50-60% effort but he always gives a 100% and more. I haven't seen any other star foreign player who is so sincere. They consciously or sub consciously "save" themselves for international cricket but Warner doesn't do that. 

I follow his insta ....he and his family are real entertainers.

He puts a lot of effort into keeping his fans engaged...

His three daughters are really cute and he looks like a very very involved father. That makes him quite likable as a person.

He may be partly doing it for ipl and money.....but then who is not .

He is better than some of our cricketers who use insta only for posting sponsored posts for crores. They just use their fans for sponsorship.They are also boring.

Edited by beetle

I find it cringe but then I am not an Indian and India seems to be his prime audience and since all of them are liking it, all well and good. This kind of reminds me of Sammy pulling off similar stunts in PSL and Pakistan and since I'm a Pakistani, I should have liked it but after a while I found it cringe due to his constant pandering to the audience of Pakistan but that had more to do with Sammy being a useless cricketer who wasted a spot in the team due to his antics off the field. If it was someone like Warner? I don't know but for Sammy there's actually a backstory when after WT20 2016, Sammy was kicked out by CWI unceremoniously but in PSL he was given the captaincy job by Afridi and in the matches of PSL, Sammy used to cry if his team lost an important game so it looked way more believable than cringe Warner produces

After several the husband of one of Australia’s most famous reality stars is about to launch into a TV career of his own.

David Warner, made famous by the TikTok videos he and his wife began filming in the 2020 lockdown, is set to star in Channel Ten’s hit new TV show ‘I’m An Opener Get Me Out Of Here!’

Following his most recent performances as a test cricketer, TV producers have identified the Western Sydney batsman as the ideal candidate to help launch the new programme.

This decision was all but confirmed today after the first wicket of the Brisbane test.

Australia skipper Tim Paine won the fourth toss of the series and opted to bat at the Gabba, where India have been forced to make four changes for the high-stakes Test.

The four-Test series is locked at 1-1, meaning the winner of the Test in Brisbane will be rewarded with the Border-Gavaskar trophy.

This pressure on the visitors has resulted in some rapid fire wickets, with David Warner found himself caught out for 1.

“This is just what we need for our TV show” says Channel 10 Producer Waleed Helliar.

“We like the cut of Candice’s husband’s jib”

“He’s got a good understanding of the fast-paced world of online content too”

“He keeps it short and sharp. That’s just what Australia needs right now”

His innings barely last the length of a TikTok video” :giggle:

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/candice-warners-husband-to-star-in-hit-new-reality-show-im-an-opener-get-me-out-of-here/?fbclid=IwAR1X8mvib48sRlLt-bsQ2d9sfzlh9L7nnX_rB1cUNplHWr3xLwJ1akQioxE