Blueprint of Ayodhya's ultra-modern mosque complex unveiled

Gollum

WhatsApp_Image_2020-12-19_at_1_0_1200x76

ayodhya_mosque-x1152.JPG?6G5h9AYqxnFN67SUaNlztR8zPymWKVnf

Foundation to be laid on Republic Day, new mosque to be 4x larger than Babri Masjid. 

The blueprint of the mosque complex includes a multi-speciality hospital, a community kitchen, a museum and a library. The mosque will have a capacity to hold 2,000 namazis at a time, and the structure will be round-shaped

The mosque is to come up on five acres of land at Dhannipur village near Ayodhya. The Uttar Pradesh government had allocated five acres of land to the Uttar Pradesh Sunni Central Waqf Board in line with the Supreme Court verdict in the Ram Janambhoomi case last year.

LINK LINK 2

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Where are the minarets?

Where do we blare the fajr from for the benefit of the non believers?

:(( 

This looks like a prop from a Star Wars set.

Will look out of place in UP but there seem to be many of these modern (design)mosques in Europe and North America. Even Gulf, SE Asia. 

20 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

What's the point of this?  Symbolism over substance, if you ask me.  Instead, they would do better to invest in a free secular school focused on disadvantaged kids, a free hospital and the like.   

This is the new Babri Masjid Mosque, given land as per SC verdict. Why do want hospitals or schools on the same land , but can be built anywhere else with anybody’s money 

Just now, coffee_rules said:

This is the new Babri Masjid Mosque, given land as per SC verdict. Why do want hospitals or schools on the same land , but can be built anywhere else with anybody’s money 

In my opinion, educational and economic upliftment must be prioritized over religious activities.  Any INR spent in religious activities is better spent directly towards the welfare of humanity.  JMHO.

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

In my opinion, educational and economic upliftment must be prioritized over religious activities.  Any INR spent in religious activities is better spent directly towards the welfare of humanity.  JMHO.

No public money spent here, but this a result of the RJB controversy, so, the grand temple they are building for a public sentiment that has been deprived for 500 years ... do you have the same feeling that we’d rather build a library there?

Edited by coffee_rules

55 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No public money spent here, but this a result of the RJB controversy, so, the grand temple they are building for a public sentiment that has been deprived for 500 years ... do you have the same feeling that we’d rather build a library there?

My hierarchy: Free Hospital = Free School = Vocational training > Non-religious Library > Place of worship.

Again, not saying it should be mandated or anything.  Just a wish that directly and tangibly impacting people's lives through healthcare and/or education was prioritized over a place to simply gather for spiritual reasons.  Diff strokes for diff folks.

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

My hierarchy: Free Hospital = Free School = Vocational training > Non-religious Library > Place of worship.

Again, not saying it should be mandated or anything.  Just a wish that directly and tangibly impacting people's lives through healthcare and/or education was prioritized over a place to simply gather for spiritual reasons.  Diff strokes for diff folks.

It f you are spending your own money, keep your hierarchy. Somebody is spending their own money, I’d keep my advice to myself and let them have their freedom. Too many people in the society giving free advice. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

It f you are spending your own money, keep your hierarchy. Somebody is spending their own money, I’d keep my advice to myself and let them have their freedom. Too many people in the society giving free advice. 

Kopa maaDkobeda guru.  It's not like I am organizing a dharna or demolition ceremony.  Just opining with civility on a message board that is meant for random people to share opinions.