Indian team should try to slow down scoring rate on day 4

I was thinking about this as well.

Especially if Warner goes slam bang in the morning, we will have to shut the game down by a 2-7 or 1-8 field and get Natarajan to bowl the lines he did during most of his first over. Besides Sundar from the other end would likely put similar pressure.

If there are only RHB, then a consistent (we can only hope!) Shardul, bowling to packed offside field, will be more than a handful, alongside Siraj/Saini.  

Tough day ahead, but it's best to start aggressively and attempt to get wickets. With Australia looking to score quickly and potentially under-rating the Indian attack, we can pull off a repeat of Adelaide 2003.

2 hours ago, Stutter said:

I was thinking about this as well.

Especially if Warner goes slam bang in the morning, we will have to shut the game down by a 2-7 or 1-8 field and get Natarajan to bowl the lines he did during most of his first over. Besides Sundar from the other end would likely put similar pressure.

If there are only RHB, then a consistent (we can only hope!) Shardul, bowling to packed offside field, will be more than a handful, alongside Siraj/Saini.  

Tough day ahead, but it's best to start aggressively and attempt to get wickets. With Australia looking to score quickly and potentially under-rating the Indian attack, we can pull off a repeat of Adelaide 2003.

Sundar can be used against Warner. It will deny Warner the easy pickings off of the medium pacers and also there's the off spinner vs left hander angle.

Edited by nevada
1 hour ago, test fan said:

Tomorrow chance of entire day washout

where did you see that? most weather sites are predicting 2 hours of thunder storm with cloud cover through out the day. At most one session will be washed out like yesterday. 

I think draw is secured for now.. so I don't want entire day washed out. Let there be a couple of sessions game to see how they are going to play. Will australia dare to play fast to force a result? at which point will they feel comfortable enough to declare? lots of interesting phases of game to come

44 minutes ago, Serpico said:

where did you see that? most weather sites are predicting 2 hours of thunder storm with cloud cover through out the day. At most one session will be washed out like yesterday. 

I think draw is secured for now.. so I don't want entire day washed out. Let there be a couple of sessions game to see how they are going to play. Will australia dare to play fast to force a result? at which point will they feel comfortable enough to declare? lots of interesting phases of game to come

Two hours of thunderstorm is enough to wash out close to two sessions. ICC is very strict nowadays about wet outfield. Just pray the rain starts after lunch to screw Australia. I heard day 5 is also looking bad in terms of weather. If all holds true my best guess is 120 overs to be played. Aus will play 50 overs.. play it slow till they have a lead of 200 and then next 10-15 overs go slam bang and give india 75-85 overs to score 280 odd

Edited by neel roy
1 hour ago, Serpico said:

Check BBC