The Greatest Test Series Win Ever ?

bossbhai2

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

:smile: I was up at 3:00 AM and sneaked in a secret stash of glenlivet in the garage to enjoy the win... This needed a celebration beyond family restrictions. 

Yesss !!! So i ran out of my poison and had to break open a special holiday corporate gift that had some booze ... need to do some explaining later lol :cantstop:

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

true but bhajji made up for it but our 4 maharattis were in their peak.

As  a fan in 2001, the aura of 2001 Hayden-Gilly-Ponting-Waugh-McGrath-Warne was much higher than Smith-Warner-Cummins-Hazlewood-Starc-Lyon now. That 2001 Aussie squad was comparable to 1980s WI Squad of Clive Lloyd. Hence, the higher comparable rating of 2001.

Edited by coffee_rules
6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

As  a fan in 2001, the aura of 2001 Hayden-Gilly-Ponting-Waugh-McGrath-Warne was much higher than Smith-Warner-Cummins-Hazlewood-Starc-Lyon now. That 2001 Aussie squad was comparable to 1980s WI Squad of Clive Lloyd. Hence, the higher comparable rating of 2001.

Wierdly this win probably makes more sense if you're neutral but for Indians 2001 probably ranks higher, for me anyway

11 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Ssssshhhhhhh ... the boss is in the house!

Nyaapkaa irbohudu nimge ... I used to post as Cricaddict back in the day.  After multiple monikers, I am BacktoCricaddict.

Taking together all the circumstances, this is the greatest ever test win for India, and has surpassed 2001 Eden Gardens!  And most definitely the greatest series win by miles ... and I've been following/watching since 1978.  

I remember the caption being "Ssssshhhhhhh ... the boss is batting"! Nowadays the anti-Sachintas are reduced to posting saree pics and stats mining

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I would rate this higher as its in their backyard and the bowling attack of Cummins,Haze,Starc,Lyon is pretty darn good. Asian teams just do not win at  Gabba with full strength let alone with soo many handicaps. Its like a freakin bollywood movie script. :isalute:

28 minutes ago, bossbhai2 said:

I would rate this higher as its in their backyard and the bowling attack of Cummins,Haze,Starc,Lyon is pretty darn good. Asian teams just do not win at  Gabba with full strength let alone with soo many handicaps. Its like a freakin bollywood movie script. :isalute:

No, I agree, this is great and willing to concede it matches. Was just going with the emotions of 2001.  2003, Adelaide and 2008 Perth were wins , but were not series wins. This win tops all of them because of the 'ghar mein ghus mara' angle. True.

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Ssssshhhhhhh ... the boss is in the house!

Nyaapkaa irbohudu nimge ... I used to post as Cricaddict back in the day.  After multiple monikers, I am BacktoCricaddict.

Taking together all the circumstances, this is the greatest ever test win for India, and has surpassed 2001 Eden Gardens!  And most definitely the greatest series win by miles ... and I've been following/watching since 1978.  

Saaar !!! Yess nyapaka ide ... are you in touch with Dhondy ?  Hope all is well. Sheesh its been many many years. :thumbsup:

"By Far and away the greatest Test Cricket Performance by an Indian Cricket Team"

Me: "By Far and away the greatest Test Cricket Performance by  *ANY*  Cricket Team"  ... I simply cannot find any other equal to this Epic David vs Goliath" battle.

1 hour ago, bossbhai2 said:

Saaar !!! Yess nyapaka ide ... are you in touch with Dhondy ?  Hope all is well. Sheesh its been many many years. :thumbsup:

No .. lost all contact with Dhondy, even Lurker, Outy, Ram ...  They just disappeared like you did.  Rajiv and p_K pop in every now and then.   I had disappeared too, but don't think anyone noticed :-)!!  But, ICF is irresistible.  

Yep, time has flown .... kids are growing up, work has peaked ... but love of cricket has not changed.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
45 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

No .. lost all contact with Dhondy, even Lurker, Outy, Ram ...  They just disappeared like you did.  Rajiv and p_K pop in every now and then.   I had disappeared too, but don't think anyone noticed :-)!!  But, ICF is irresistible.  

Yep, time has flown .... kids are growing up, work has peaked ... but love of cricket has not changed.  

ohh well. Hope they turn up Iam aching for a Dhody article.  

13 hours ago, bossbhai2 said:

Hello Everybody been a while since I was here. 

Just wanted to say that in my many many decades of following Test Cricket ... I dont think there is a equal to this series given the unique circumstances and scenarios. The ultimate David vs Goliath contest.  Ultimately Indian Cricket team stood out like Rocky Balboa taking blow after blow for an entire month and emerged winner 5 minutes to the whistle !! Epic. 

What do you guys think ?

It must be so.if Bossbhai himself came out of ICF retirement.

Anyways welcome back Bossbhai!

This one is certainly the greatest series win in modern era .

Never witness a comeback like this, ever. From embarrassing test loss under Kohli  when Indian team was bowled out for 36 to a series win, unbelievable .

That too when entire Indian frontline bowlers were on injury list and Australia had their full strength team. 

Individually ,  there have been better players than Pant, Gill, Siraj , Washington and Pujara, but I have never witnessed a team spirit and never say die attitude in any team like this in my life .

Thanks team India for giving test cricket a new and well needed life. 

11 hours ago, maniac said:

one of the Greatest wins ever in Indian history.

In the same league as 83,07,2011 

This one is better given how depleted we were. And it wasn't a one off performace. After getting plastered in Adelaide, we came back in Melbourne, and then Sydney and then finished the convicts and drank their blood in Gabba!

22 minutes ago, bossbhai2 said:

Yo !! How are you ? :hello:

I m good... but missing those great discussion fights between you and Outy...

The SRT detractors are mostly non-logical people bringing some trivial facts to denounce him with the exception of may be some posters like zen who is of stat-crunching type. You are the knowledgeable fan whose analysis is simply hard to replicate by other posters here. 

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

I m good... but missing those great discussion fights between you and Outy...

The SRT detractors are mostly non-logical people bringing some trivial facts to denounce him with the exception of may be some posters like zen who is of stat-crunching type. You are the knowledgeable fan whose analysis is simply hard to replicate by other posters here. 

aaahh the good ol days .... Thanks for the kind words  :hatsoff: