Year 2035 AD. BCCI Coaching Staff

neel roy

We play fantasy football but I was thinking if we think about coaching staff after 15 years this will be my choice absolutely 

1. Head Coach: Ajinkya Rahane. Would be immense for youngsters 

2. Batting Coach. Who else than Pujara. Technically sound. Temperamentally perfect. For limited overs Ajinkya will anyways be there. 

3. Bowling Coach : Up for debate but I would like Zaheer Khan/ Ishant Sharma/ Ravi Ashwin

4. Wicketkeeping and Fielding coach: Wriddhiman Saha. No comparison. Infact BCCI should appoint him as soon as he retires as a WK coach first in NCA and then for Senior team. Just see his interview about Pant

"You can ask him (Pant), we have a friendly relationship and help each other whoever gets into the XI. Personally, there's no conflict with him," Saha said after returning home following the historic Test series win in Australia.

"I dont' see who is No.1 or 2... Team will give a chance to those who do better. I will continue to do my job. Selection is not in my hands, it's up to the management."

40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What did they say ?

It was shastri who was adamant that ashwin bowl within 1st 10 overs in melbourne as he saw the wkt was damp. He suggested them in 3rd test that Ashwin shud keep facing lyon and vihari shud stick to other which funnily was forwarded by thakur . Idea to replace kohli with jaddu in 2nd test and wanting a left hander in line up coz they were bowling on same spot

It was shastri who motivated them after 36 all out and many more stuff 

Even on player personal level he got adamant that if players families are not allowed in Aus (which very last minute aussies cancelled) that they wont travel to aus

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
15 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It was shastri who was adamant that ashwin bowl within 1st 10 overs in melbourne as he saw the wkt was damp. He suggested them in 3rd test that Ashwin shud keep facing lyon and vihari shud stick to other which funnily was forwarded by thakur 

Even on player personal level he got adamant that if players families are not allowed in Aus (which very last minute aussies cancelled) that they wont travel to aus

Shastri was always known as a shrewd strategist and motivator.

Looks like he is having his full say only when Kohli is not around. 

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shastri was always know as a shrewd strategist and motivator.

Looks like he is having his full say only when Kohli is not around. 

Looks like its execution where Virat lacks or may be he messes it up in pressure situation coz it isnt just shastri he has had dhoni, mike hesson , ashwin, rohit around to help him. But at the end its his call and execution 

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It was shastri who was adamant that ashwin bowl within 1st 10 overs in melbourne as he saw the wkt was damp. He suggested them in 3rd test that Ashwin shud keep facing lyon and vihari shud stick to other which funnily was forwarded by thakur . Idea to replace kohli with jaddu in 2nd test and wanting a left hander in line up coz they were bowling on same spot

I do not  fully agree  what these people are saying , I see some holes in what they are saying and what had happened .

-  How many lefties did they play in Adelaide ?

-  Ash bowling - This should be true as Ravi himself is a spinner .

-  Aswhin Playing - Did Shardul convey that to the players . I think he did not . Ash & Vihari figured themselves what they need to do.

-   Good man manager  - Yes .

But chief coach position is much more than a just good manager .  He cannot be just a Yes man of kaptaan and cannot implement good plans he has . And when 

decisions of the kaptaan is detrimental to team interests he as the chief coach should take remedial measures . Not seen anything on that in almost 4 years .

BTW , Sridhar would be the first of coaching staff who will on the chopping block in any other cricket board. 

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Looks like its execution where Virat lacks or may be he messes it up in pressure situation coz it isnt just shastri he has had dhoni, mike hesson , ashwin, rohit around to help him. But at the end its his call and execution 

Ashwin bowling in the first 10 overs or  Ash taking on Lyon ... these should not be execution issues. 

Either Shastri cannot express these opinions freely with Kohli around or Kohli does not follow his advice.

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I do not  fully agree  what these people are saying , I see some holes in what they are saying and what had happened .

-  How many lefties did they play in Adelaide ?

they cud have also choosen not to go with a leftie

-  Aswhin Playing - Did Shardul convey that to the players . I think he did not . Ash & Vihari figured themselves what they need to do.

But atleast he had the right idea here we all think he drinks n sleeps in dressing room

-   Good man manager  - Yes .

But chief coach position is much more than a just good manager .  He cannot be just a Yes man of kaptaan and cannot implement good plans he has . And when 

decisions of the kaptaan is detrimental to team interests he as the chief coach should take remedial measures . Not seen anything on that in almost 4 years .

BTW , Sridhar would be the first of coaching staff who will on the chopping block in any other cricket board. 

See as i said may be its Virat who lacks the execution part he has had someone like Mike hesson , Dhoni by his side, Suddenly Ashwin looked of so much on field. At the end u can temme 100 thing but no point if i dnt listen or execute. Problem i feel virat is he has all the plans but international cricket is about pressure and its then that he messes up. Planning on this tour has been top notch , man management, motivation ..their is nothing that we can complain off. As coaches they bought the best out of player infact way more

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ashwin bowling in the first 10 overs or  Ash taking on Lyon ... these should not be execution issues. 

Either Shastri cannot express these opinions freely with Kohli around or Kohli does not follow his advice.

this i feel is the issue

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Problem i feel virat is he has all the plans but international cricket is about pressure and its then that he messes up. Planning on this tour has been top notch , man management, motivation ..their is nothing that we can complain off. As coaches they bought the best out of player infact way more

I noticed this with RCB this yr as well, their planning was top notch and execution in a major stage was good to but it was the pressure when everything went off . HE is someone like Ganguly who messes it up on finishing line under the pressure of ultimate prize

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

You should watch the interview between Ash and Sridhar. It's quite funny and gives a great insight into what happens in Dressing room. It is in tamil but you can read the subtitles which can give a flavour.

I don't have much issues with continuing with Sastry even though I am not his fan. Sastry has always been known as somebody with tactical nous, its his attitude that sucks. And him and Kohli does not look to be a very fruitful combination. I will certainly like to give credit to Rahane based on the things that I have seen. He looks to have that ability to get every body together from different sides for a common cause.

The other thing is not just Sastry but anybody who will work with Kohli needs to pander to him, otherwise he will try to get rid of him. Two strong personalities usually never works together ,.more so with Kohli who does not want to share any space with others. There is a reason why  a personality like Kumble with intelligence and strategic mindset did not continue because probably everybody involved including Kumble  realized that this will be a personality clash from day 1.

3 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I don't have much issues with continuing with Sastry even though I am not his fan. Sastry has always been known as somebody with tactical nous, its his attitude that sucks. And him and Kohli does not look to be a very fruitful combination. I will certainly like to give credit to Rahane based on the things that I have seen. He looks to have that ability to get every body together from different sides for a common cause.

The other thing is not just Sastry but anybody who will work with Kohli needs to pander to him, otherwise he will try to get rid of him. Two strong personalities usually never works together ,.more so with Kohli who does not want to share any space with others. There is a reason why  a personality like Kumble with intelligence and strategic mindset did not continue because probably everybody involved including Kumble  realized that this will be a personality clash from day 1.

Thats where problem & Solution lies .

Let Kohli continue as leader of the batting  group and appoint a new captain . 

The thing which I personally liked from both interviews ( Ashwin channel and Boria) was

1. They held back all bowlers except Chahar ( good ploy as Chahar wouldnt work as a net bowler anyways as he is more of a swing bowler and also frail body) for the series. BTW its funny but Shardul was the only one guy supposed to come back to India after a week as he was only picked for odis.. what fairytale he became the lynchpin for the 4th test win.. 

2. Gave batting practice to all including Sundar and Shaw ( with injuries nothing was taken for granted)

3. The way the support staff motivated Vihari to play that innings