IPL team 2021 reviews

Punjab look like a dangerous side yet again..  If KL makes sure his intent is positive as Malan bats at 3 & is capable of anchoring as well as attacking so that should make Rahul bat positive.  Mayank & Pooran are like Ferrari.  Bowling can easily defend 180 range totals. 

RCB seems like a team whose max ceiling is scores of 150-160..  Maxwell is highly inconsistent even when he is at his peak.  You can't rely on AB every time.  Kohli is not the same force as well..  Spin will tie him down easily. 

Overall crap team. 

Rajasthan strong chance this team..  Especially a team who seems to get better of Mumbai.  Playoff guaranteed. 

DC will require a lot of support from their bowlers.  Good team on paper but need a solid strategy to beat top teams.  Pant's form will be vital & Stoinis as well. 

CSK will do a lot of damage this time..  Might sneak into Top 4

RCB team looks deadly unless kohli messes up captaincy and picks weird combinations...

Philippe, ABDV, Dan Christian and one of Daniel Sams/Maxwell/Zampa/Jamieson is a really good international team.

People underestimate players like Dan Christian, Daniel Sams etc. I have seen them play.

They are match winners and give their 100% in the fielding, bowling and batting department. If dew is present expect these guys to make hay and batter the opposition if they are chasing under lights with dew. 

The only wildcard for RCB is ABDV as he is hogging a space for Maxwell/Sams here but otherwise solid side. I expect them to go to the finals unless their Indian spin department falters. 

I will just stick to MI

Not enthused by picking chawla. Don't know what's the rationale behind it.

Good that they reduced NCN's price by 3 crores.

Happy about Comedy Neesham coming in, AF Milne is fast enough but I have seen him getting tonked around in IPL before.

No idea about Yudhvir Charak, but the managment seemed happy about it and they do a pretty good job.

Heard really good things about this young south african left arm quick Marco Jensen. Heard he is a quality hitter as well. So it's a good pick.

Arjun I'm skeptical if he would get any games this year. The squad is damn too strong. There's simply no place for him yet.

Just as I said last year the trophy is MI's to lose. If they lose it they have to kick themselves in the ass.

Full squad: Rohit Sharma (capt), Adam Milne, Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Arjun Tendulkar, Chris Lynn, Dhawal Kulkarni, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, James Neesham, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Marco Jansen, Mohsin Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Piyush Chawla, Quinton de Kock, Rahul Chahar, Saurabh Tiwary, Suryakumar Yadav, Trent Boult, Yudhvir Singh Charak

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

EuibvQ4XMAor5-T?format=jpg&name=large

1. Gill 
  2. Rana
  3. Shakib 
  4. Morgan
  5. Russell
  6. DK 
  7. Nair /Tripathi / rinku (But nair n Tripathi can bat up only so Rana might be pushed down)
  8. Cummins/Lockie
  9. Mavi
  10. Krishna
  11. Varun. C

Not at all a bad side

• Problems Last yr were top order instability which is why they plan to make shakib bat up .
  • Also DK has to be used as finisher, DK the finisher will win them few games on his own. 
  • A lot depends on Russell fitness, if he is bowling nothing like it 
  • Nitish rana has to many issues but what works for him is his intent but the batting weakness still do exist. 
  • A lot wud depend on how young Indian seamers perform - showing spark n being decent also isnt just enough to win a tournament
  • Varun. C will have his second season test - when teams figure a player out so lets see how it goes. Good they have bhajji as backup
  • Gill has to improve his S/R
  • they need to move on from narine , i think they wud also. Shakib looks to be in plans for their top order 

Their first 11 is good provided they know how to get the combination right. Their main problem is lack of impact from Indian batsmen. Gill is class but not impactful in T20 while Nitish Rana and Dinesh Karthik are inconsistent and won't win tournaments. The lesser said about Karun Nair and Tripathi the better it is. KKR missed the trick when they failed to invest last year in young rookies like Yashwashwi, Priyam ,Samad. That's where Delhi and Sunrisers have done very well as I expect these teams to bid for the championship in coming years.

6 hours ago, King6 said:

Rcb team balance better than last time.

Dev

Azahar

Kohli

Abd

Maxi

Sundar

Dani/sams/kane

Kyle

Saini

Siraj

Chahal

7 bowling options and depth in batting. I think this year rcb performance will be good. 

Sundar shud be used above to make full use of him 

but im seeing their young talent will re analyze before auction

2 hours ago, RajBan said:

Their first 11 is good provided they know how to get the combination right. Their main problem is lack of impact from Indian batsmen. Gill is class but not impactful in T20 while Nitish Rana and Dinesh Karthik are inconsistent and won't win tournaments. The lesser said about Karun Nair and Tripathi the better it is. KKR missed the trick when they failed to invest last year in young rookies like Yashwashwi, Priyam ,Samad. That's where Delhi and Sunrisers have done very well as I expect these teams to bid for the championship in coming years.

They already have many young cricketers , to many doesnt help win the tournament

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Great thread @Ankit_sharma03

I disagree with your assessment of RCB. I think they have made a good team, surely focussed on some unreliable assets but they are match winners. I thought they only over splurged on Jameison.But problem would again with buffoon captain. Leadership should start now but with Kohli captaincy ends with auction. He thinks players will come in & automatically start performing at once. Instead of keeping a consistent lineup & giving confidence/clarity of roles to players we usually see bhangra clips, his bromance with AB in IPL. If Virat does a decent job at motivating his players, he has got a decent squad this time.

RCB has taken a risky approach with Maxi n Jamison...Maxi if comes off nothing like it . 

My Biggest problem with is where is the death bowling ?? Saini is the best among all and he is fighting injuries for few months now 

I have started watching some of their young talent and they have gotten some really good ones....well done scouting team but we all know how youngsters perform under Kaptaan Kohli 

RCB every year problem is they make it about individuals .....at the end its the team and yea lack of clarity of roles for others.

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

CSK surprisingly look a very dangerous side. Dhoni will make great use of Moeen and Gowtham. I thought they could have gone for someone like Roy/Hales as replacement for Watson but they have backed Faf for that role. Their batting & bowling look deep. Even if Dhoni is not at his best, I will not be surprised if CSK make the play offs.

Yea they have gotten a good team .....IF they dont fall for Bravo trap like last yr they shud do well . If dhoni cud play some competitive cricket before IPL nothing like it

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

DIsagree with your assessment on Punjab as well, they have not plugged the holes of last year. They have relied on rookies & the lower order issue remains a issue. I thought they should have gone hammer & tongs for both Morris and Sakib, would have completed the squad. Jhye Richardson is good but thats a gamble. I don't see them winning this year as well.

But their was none good option for Lower middle avl also.....Dube n jadhav were other indians 

Why im rating highly is their bowling coz if u have good bowling and decent batting u will do well. 

Shami, Jhye, Arshdeep, Jordan, Ashwin, Bishnoi, Meredith i think is very good bowling

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

MI as usual will be in the playoffs. The only question is who will partner Boult & Bumrah. I hope they play Milne, he was in terrific form in BBL.

yup his form will decide a lot and also if Hardik bowls. If milne bowls at his best MI wud be hard to bear again

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

SRH same old same old. Bairstow has to play in Indian conditions. Legit match winner, cannot drop him in the name of balance. So let's see how they play around with the balance of the XI. They alway surprise us but don't see them making the play offs.

Lets see but they have all options Bairstrow does mess up their balance 

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Rajasthan plugged their gaps with precision with the acquisition of Morris and Dube unlike Punjab. Only weakness if one can point is both spinners lack pedigree but they are not bad. I hope they encourage Lomror to develop his left arm spin, will give them extra dimension. Sure shot play off contender.

Dube has to be used smartly or else wnt add much 

Gopal also has to find confidence which he lost after dube whacked him in a domestic game

My concern is their middle order inconsistency 

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

DC made a redundant start to the auction with Steve Smith, a complete waste of a buy. But they got a steal with Umesh, now third seamer is issue is resolved. Not many weaknesses in the squad however I thought they would go for an attacking overseas opener as a back up to out of sorts Shaw but they have backed him. Unless, something drastic transpires, DC should make the playoffs.

Umesh i wont consider a steal as he is a leak machine but an attack with Rabada n Nortje might be better for him as he wont have the pressure to be the leader

Pant again has Run rate pressure all on him. 

Billings can open

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

KKR I thought had an ordinary auction. Some really ordinary picks like Harbhajan, Sheldon, Negi. They got Sakib at a reasonable price but where does he fit in. Only Narine can make way for Sakib which I don't ser happening in first few games. Sakib would have fit in wonderfully in many other franchises but I don't KKR needed him. If marquee players of the first XI struggle, KKR will mostly miss the play offs.

Bhajji is Varun . C backup incase teams figure him out 

all are backup

Shakib will bat in top 3, Narine isnt as effective anymore . Their top order lacked stability last yr so shakib is the missing puzzle but he isnt a runaway match winner nor is gill. Still with Morgan , DK , Russel they can cover up

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They already have many young cricketers , to many doesnt help win the tournament

I was referring to any of the younger power hitters or middle order batsman who can be impactful. Forget younger ones, their experienced Indian players(Karthik, Rana, Karun) are not at the same level as other teams and won't be anywhere near for selection for India team. Their batting is a real weak link when compared to other teams and going to be dependent on Shakib, Morgan and Russell who can win matches single handedly but don't think they can work consistently  enough to be in top 2.  

Their younger potentially impactful players are mostly bowlers - Mavi, Prasidh, Nagarkoti.

KKR will be a mid table team behind MI, DC, Sunrisers, Punjab and Rajasthan. 

57 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I was referring to any of the younger power hitters or middle order batsman who can be impactful. Forget younger ones, their experienced Indian players(Karthik, Rana, Karun) are not at the same level as other teams and won't be anywhere near for selection for India team. Their batting is a real weak link when compared to other teams and going to be dependent on Shakib, Morgan and Russell who can win matches single handedly but don't think they can work consistently  enough to be in top 2.  

Their younger potentially impactful players are mostly bowlers - Mavi, Prasidh, Nagarkoti.

KKR will be a mid table team behind MI, DC, Sunrisers, Punjab and Rajasthan. 

Their power hitters slots are well booked so no point even looking. 

Can anyone tell me why Cameron Green was not in the pot?? Did he withdraw.. i thought he was going to be a millionaire.. also Will Pucovski till i read the news he has been ruled out for 6 months due to shoulder surgery (remember the fall in sydney test)..

21 minutes ago, shychipmunk said:

You mean RCB & CSK will be last 2 teams!!

Shakib Narine Russell Morgan can be gun in slow pitches.. my kkr team will be

Gill

Tripathi

Rana

DK

Nair

Morgan

Russell

Shakib

Prasidh

Mavi

Varun C

batting till 8. All solid.Maybe bring in lockie or cummins in place of Shakib if pitch is fast. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Shakib Narine Russell Morgan can be gun in slow pitches.. my kkr team will be

Gill

Tripathi

Rana

DK

Nair

Morgan

Russell

Shakib

Prasidh

Mavi

Varun C

batting till 8. All solid.Maybe bring in lockie or cummins in place of Shakib if pitch is fast. 

Shakib is a waste at that position , he shud be in top 3

8 hours ago, Stan AF said:

I will just stick to MI

Not enthused by picking chawla. Don't know what's the rationale behind it.

Good that they reduced NCN's price by 3 crores.

Happy about Comedy Neesham coming in, AF Milne is fast enough but I have seen him getting tonked around in IPL before.

No idea about Yudhvir Charak, but the managment seemed happy about it and they do a pretty good job.

Heard really good things about this young south african left arm quick Marco Jensen. Heard he is a quality hitter as well. So it's a good pick.

Arjun I'm skeptical if he would get any games this year. The squad is damn too strong. There's simply no place for him yet.

Just as I said last year the trophy is MI's to lose. If they lose it they have to kick themselves in the ass.

Eh C’mon... Let other teams too win the IPL occasionally. Else they’ll quit playing... I’m happy that the team is super strong. Every year MI contributes a new talent in T20 and I’m hoping for this year too... 

Im not at the stage where winning or losing IPL doesn’t matters anymore. As CV long as the team is giving me enough opportunities to repay back the nasty trolling done by rival teams fan, I’ll be happy.

:smokin:

4 hours ago, shychipmunk said:

You mean RCB & CSK will be last 2 teams!!

It's a competition between RCB, KKR and CSK for the last three spots.

RCB because the captain is inept 

CSK being out of touch with reality

KKR without enough impactful Indian players