IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Good to see R.Chahar bowl some zippy quicker deliveries again.

Did not bowl that many in the recent past. But this has been his strength from the U19 days.

Chahar has been very good. But even he will acknowledge that the conditions have been very helpful. Good signs nevertheless.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah must be carrying some injury.

How often is he injured ffs. I love bumrah. He is definitely a potential ATG level bowler but these injuries are really getting on my nerves. I suppose getting married recently his affecting his performance. 

On 4/23/2021 at 1:01 AM, express bowling said:

I was hoping to see Saini play today on this pitch. Richardson comes in but not Saini.

From being a fast bowler who was chosen for all 3 formats for India in 2020, he is suddenly completely out of favour based on 2 ODIs when he was being made to play despite back spasms.

This kind of whimsical treatment makes all all new players nervous.

It's sad to see. I still have faith in Saini. He just needs a proper run. 

Not everyone can become a bumrah or Shami straight away. 

17 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shami 4th over

139 ... good yorker

140 ... good yorker

138 ... attempted yorker

141 ... attempted yorker 

Slower  ... OUT

141 ... attempted yorker 

Great last over !

Just 6 runs and a wicket.

This over shows the value of multiple quick yorkers and even attempted yorkers by quick bowlers even on slow surfaces ... because yorkers take the pitch out of the equation.

Edited by express bowling

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah looking totally out of rhythm in his first 2 overs.

Down on both accuracy and pace.

Hasn't got any movement either.

He wasn't his usual self the last two games.

But I suspect that is more mental exhaustion than a physical injury. The team posting a very low total *every time* and expecting magic from him and Boult will put undue pressure on them. It has happened in 4 of the 5 games so far.  At some stage mental exhaustion will set in.

10 hours ago, Professor said:

What happened to the pace of Indian pacers. I remember they had 4,5 of them bowling 145+ on consistent basis a couple of years ago

Faster they came faster they went to the fence so T20 bowling evolved. In tests with neutral pitches pace has retained. 

21 hours ago, Jay said:

How often is he injured ffs. I love bumrah. He is definitely a potential ATG level bowler but these injuries are really getting on my nerves. I suppose getting married recently his affecting his performance. 

People loose form, it's nothing to worry abt. He will be back to his best when paying for the country

10 hours ago, Professor said:

What happened to the pace of Indian pacers. I remember they had 4,5 of them bowling 145+ on consistent basis a couple of years ago

Not just Indian pacers  ... Cummins could not even touch 140 kph today. Was mostly around 135 k. Same with Morris.

Prasidh was the only one who bowled 140 k+ with a fastest of 144 k.