IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

What if we were to attribute train names to Indian bowlers basis their speeds:

Bumrah : Vande Bharat

Shami: Durronto

Siraj: Hyderabad Mail

Ha Pa: Virar Slow

Bhuvaneshwar: Howrah Mail

Feel free to add/edit

11 hours ago, MediumPacer said:

Pathirana hamstring injured and out of ipl, problem of weird action or normal quick pacers injury?

Chahar is neither and still injured lol.

One can pull hamstring even when running in straight lines

1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

Kaverappa playing today

Tall but lacks pace (1st 2 overs )

Yea 125 to 135 bowler. In tests also he bowls same speed. Doesn't get tired though and gets bounce. 

11 hours ago, Lord said:

Kaverappa looked good. Good accuracy swing and bounce. Unlucky with drop catches else 4fer was there to be taken

Nice I missed that. He is a trundler but I rate this type of trundler. He gets good bounce. 125 to 135 with good bounce and accuracy is good. Maybe he can try tests.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kron said:

Nice I missed that. He is a trundler but I rate this type of trundler. He gets good bounce. 125 to 135 with good bounce and accuracy is good. Maybe he can try tests.

125 to 135 k speed can only work for pacers with experience of 70+ tests ( and preferably tall and bouncy ).

Moreover, someone who starts at 125 to 135 k will invariably lose some pace after a niggle / injury and military medium pace without experience will be cannon fodder.

Edited by express bowling

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

125 to 135 k speed can only work for pacers with experience of 70+ tests ( and preferably tall with bouncy ).

Moreover, someone who starts at 125 to 135 k will invariably lose some pace after a niggle / injury and military medium pace without experience will be cannon fodder.

But we have trundler quota so if we must select one I would much rather a tall guy like keverappa who gets steep bounce.

2 minutes ago, Kron said:

But we have trundler quota so if we must select one I would much rather a tall guy like keverappa who gets steep bounce.

What if hè adds to the trundler pool ?

Mukesh, Shardul and Arshdeep ain't going anywhere and Unadkat is waiting to be recalled. 

On 5/7/2024 at 11:53 PM, Mariyam said:

What if we were to attribute train names to Indian bowlers basis their speeds:

Bumrah : Vande Bharat

Shami: Durronto

Siraj: Hyderabad Mail

Ha Pa: Virar Slow

Bhuvaneshwar: Howrah Mail

Feel free to add/edit

Pandya is more like the great Amritsar-Howrah 'Express'. Stops at every station/halt that it could find.