IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

Also, which bowler has not been hit and taken to the cleaners this IPL. The wickets have got absolutely nothing for the fast bowlers.

Literally everyone. Cummins, Siraj, Bumrah, Lockie, Hazelwood, Norte. And here these guys are just waiting on a few bad games to pounce on some new guy FFS?  Steyn had always struggled in the IPL too. 

Just imagine a wicket with some bounce and assistance to the seamers and someone bowling at that kind of pace.
On wickets like the one's we've got in the IPL, you need to have the skill to bowl 3-4 good yorkers in an over (no one bowling at 90 mph plus consistently has that in the world right now) But as long as he can hit 2 yorkers and err a bit on the fuller side than half volleys, that will be sufficient.

Secondly you need to cut down on short wide balls and develop a couple of speed variations. Now this is where he can definitely improve a lot. It doesn't have to be knuckle ball or something like that. Even if its minor pace variations like going from 140 to 150 and 155, that will make it more difficult. Norte does that a lot if you observe his spells. Going from 140 to 150, often gets the batsmen out if the ball's well directed.

Lastly, someone like Umran needs to understand the wicket. On some wickets, no matter how quick you are, if your'e predictable, the batsmen with sort you out. Like bowling midriff or chest high short balls won't work on some wickets. 

All these issues can be sorted out and that can be done quickly. And in the end, it's the pitches that play a major role too.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

19 bowlers hitting 140+ and several haven't even played. 14 of them hit 90 mph. Insane. Fast bowling factory.

Soon I feel ipl will only have Indian fast bowlers. No more overseas quota for fast bowlers. We have the best fast bowlers. The swiggy fast ball award should increase the bonus payout tbh. Also special bonus for brutal bouncers. Then you will see these young lions hurl down deadly venomous balls more often. 

Unfortunately we need hitters. Maybe some bonuses for hitting most 6s in the game should be awarded. We are missing 2 power hitters badly. 

As a lover of deadly bounce bowling ability and pace,I honestly can't complain whatsoever but I do like to see some power hitters in the team. I am very happy and content with our pace bowling talent. 

Edited by Jay

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Soon I feel ipl will only have Indian fast bowlers. No more overseas quota for fast bowlers. We have the best fast bowlers. The swiggy fast ball award should increase the bonus payout tbh. Also special bonus for brutal bouncers. Then you will see these young lions hurl down deadly venomous balls more often. 

Unfortunately we need hitters. Maybe some bonuses for hitting most 6s in the game should be awarded. We are missing 2 power hitters badly. 

As a lover of deadly bounce bowling ability and pace,I honestly can't complain whatsoever but I do like to see some power hitters in the team. I am very happy and content with our pace bowling talent. 

Yes batting supply chain is dormant,but love young guns taking over fast bowling

Hope by next season we see few more in 150+ category

8 hours ago, MK55 said:

Also, which bowler has not been hit and taken to the cleaners this IPL. The wickets have got absolutely nothing for the fast bowlers.

Literally everyone. Cummins, Siraj, Bumrah, Lockie, Hazelwood, Norte. And here these guys are just waiting on a few bad games to pounce on some new guy FFS?  Steyn had always struggled in the IPL too. 

Just imagine a wicket with some bounce and assistance to the seamers and someone bowling at that kind of pace.
On wickets like the one's we've got in the IPL, you need to have the skill to bowl 3-4 good yorkers in an over (no one bowling at 90 mph plus consistently has that in the world right now) But as long as he can hit 2 yorkers and err a bit on the fuller side than half volleys, that will be sufficient.

Secondly you need to cut down on short wide balls and develop a couple of speed variations. Now this is where he can definitely improve a lot. It doesn't have to be knuckle ball or something like that. Even if its minor pace variations like going from 140 to 150 and 155, that will make it more difficult. Norte does that a lot if you observe his spells. Going from 140 to 150, often gets the batsmen out if the ball's well directed.

Lastly, someone like Umran needs to understand the wicket. On some wickets, no matter how quick you are, if your'e predictable, the batsmen with sort you out. Like bowling midriff or chest high short balls won't work on some wickets. 

All these issues can be sorted out and that can be done quickly. And in the end, it's the pitches that play a major role too.

Good post, should be pasted over Chopra's and Shastri's face and old man who talks about t20 batting Tuktukaskar's face as well

Edited by Suhaan

14 hours ago, Jay said:

tbf a season in ranji wont hurt. it has developed some good players. but my issues is if umran is not looked at for A tours. he needs to play in the A team more than ranji. he can play rnaji for match fitness. bowling in that heat will develop your endurance and make you physically more durable if you can handle the workload. 

If our domestic had been great, it would had made sense. 
Ranji isn't happening for 2 years due to COVID, and you know very well the standard of our pitches. The legends like Rishi Dhawan, Samad Fallah and Basant Mohanty will rule the wicket taking graph.

Umran is not a finished product, but toiling him in Ranji isn't gonna help him in any way. As you said "A tours" are the right way to keep him in loop, I would also consider likes of him, Tyagi, Sen, Khaleel etc in the tours to Sri Lanka, WI and Bangladesh.

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

Fastest Deliveries that I have seen by Indians in IPL 2022 till 13th May  ( rounded off ) ... (  updated list )

Umran.         157 kph

Tyagi.           150 kph

Saini.           149 kph

Prasidh.      149 kph

Sen.             149 kph

Bumrah.      148 kph

Siraj.            148 kph

Mavi.           148 kph  ( one-off ball )

Mohsin.        146 kph

Nagarkoti.   146 kph

Harshit.        146 kph

Simarjeet.   146 kph

Khaleel.       145 kph

Shami.         145 kph

Umesh.        144 kph

Akash.         144 kph

Dayal.          143 kph

Avesh.         143 kph

Mukesh.      143 kph

Saini and Nagarkoti can clock even higher had they played more matches.
Saini is still understandable as RR has a very strong attack, but DC's attack should have tried Nagarkoti for more matches. 

14 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Saini and Nagarkoti can clock even higher had they played more matches.
Saini is still understandable as RR has a very strong attack, but DC's attack should have tried Nagarkoti for more matches. 

Ricky Ponting was not with DC all this while,was evident with Pant's clueless captaincy
He has joined them now,hope he goes with more pace although pitches are getting slower

Edited by Suhaan

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Umran is not a finished product, but toiling him in Ranji isn't gonna help him in any way. As you said "A tours" are the right way to keep him in loop,

I think Umran should definitely play as msny Ranji Trophy.matches as possible.  That is just 2 months a year and J&K rarely makes the knockouts.

Playing FC matches prepare the body for bowling 15+ overs a day, and that would be needed if we want Umran in tests.

But that's just 2 months in winter.

For the rest of the year Umran should be playing LOIs for India and go on every A tour if he is not playing for India.

I think achieving both (  playing for India and playing Ranji )  is possible. 

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I would also consider likes of him, Tyagi, Sen, Khaleel etc in the tours to Sri Lanka, WI and Bangladesh.

Definitely  !