Harshal Patel looks like one of India's best death bowlers..should be part of the T20 WC squad

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

He is a proper bowler. Grown in effectiveness with experience. Some namoonas who have been following cricket for donkeys years are comparing him with Joginder Singh. LOL. 

Agree about experience, have been watching him since many years. What's your definition of proper bowler?

1 hour ago, rock777 said:

Typical Indian fan thread, no logic, no grasp of the game just driven by emotions

Former adopted daddy of greenboys (Ricky Ponting),  talking about the greatest tailunted phaaasst bowling attack on Aussie soil.  

'Not sure I've seen a worse bowling attack on our shores'

Edited by rangeelaraja
10 hours ago, rock777 said:

Thanx my son for helping me out in proving my point  :two_thumbs_up:

Ponting telling the media how shyte the Pakistan phasssst bowling factory - the worst on Aussie shores is proving your point  ? 

Ok, then I guess, its time for you to crawl back under rock  number 777, "rock777" :hysterical:

Edited by rangeelaraja

My prediction on Harshal stood the test of time, while I was ridiculed and trolled ( Patel pride and what not )  by @sandeep  a  " respected",   "mature"  contributor. 

:laugh:

On 4/14/2021 at 2:25 PM, sandeep said:

only on dhuus Chennai pitch.  On batting tracks he'll go for 15 runs per over.  with the odd game where he does well.  Good utility player, this generation's joginder sharma, but thankfully Indian selection options are lot better than 2007.

Your patel pride is leaking.:p:

Again, his effectiveness on dhuss pitches is one thing, on 'normal' tracks is another.  I stand by my opinion.  Rajat also had an effective IPL career, didn't mean he could be a national prospect worthy of consideration.  India is not NZ that it has to desperately seek out gareebon ka grandhomme. :p:

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Again, his effectiveness on dhuss pitches is one thing, on 'normal' tracks is another.  I stand by my opinion.  Rajat also had an effective IPL career, didn't mean he could be a national prospect worthy of consideration.  India is not NZ that it has to desperately seek out gareebon ka grandhomme. :p:

He bowls with a good variation of pace  at the death, he  can bowl high % of quality yorkers at a decent pace.  This skillset is pitch agnostic and will be an asset for India.

He bowls with a good variation of pace  at the death, he  can bowl high % of quality yorkers at a decent pace.  This skillset is pitch agnostic and will be an asset for India.

I don't mean to belittle him - not just him -there are more than  a dozen players in the IPL who could potentially perform as an 'asset for India'.  Just that there are players ahead of them in the queue - in cases like Harshal, more than one.  

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't mean to belittle him - not just him -there are more than  a dozen players in the IPL who could potentially perform as an 'asset for India'.  Just that there are players ahead of them in the queue - in cases like Harshal, more than one.  

can you name some?

ps: I am not a fan either but how many seam bowling “allrounders” are ahead of him?

Edited by maniac
11 minutes ago, maniac said:

can you name some?

ps: I am not a fan either but how many seam bowling “allrounders” are ahead of him?

would you play him ahead of either Pandya, Chahar or Thakur?  I would even put Vijay "3D" Shankar slightly ahead of him, or maybe not - depends on the role - if its batting with a bit of bowling, for sure Shankar. 

India have plenty of options to fill in the top 2 pacer roles, the 3rd seamer has to be either a gun wicket-taking threat, or a high-reliability slugger.  Harshal is neither. 

I'm happy to see him get good results.  And in cases like how Sakariya got an India cap, fine for him to get one too.

But to consider him a viable prospect for anything more than an odd game or stop-gap series? That's unserious. 

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

would you play him ahead of either Pandya, Chahar or Thakur?  I would even put Vijay "3D" Shankar slightly ahead of him, or maybe not - depends on the role - if its batting with a bit of bowling, for sure Shankar. 

I think we are on the same page more or less  when it comes to the names ahead of him bar Shankar.

Shankar hasn’t done anything visible for a while now in IPL or in domestics and Harshal is bowling out of his f’in skin in this IPL so that would bump Shankar below Harshal for me.

Now coming to Three names you mentioned. Sure they are way ahead but Chahar can also be a replacement for Bhuvi, a new ball bowler handy with the bat. Perfect.

Then we are left wit Pandya and Thakur both injury prone.

So Harshal Patel’s need might not be as far off as you think. Now is that a good thing or a bad thing, that’s a different debate.

21 minutes ago, maniac said:

Shankar hasn’t done anything visible for a while now in IPL or in domestics and Harshal is bowling out of his f’in skin in this IPL so that would bump Shankar below Harshal for me.

Harshal is on a different planet to a consistently mediocre performer like Shankar who is not even close to international class.

One of the cardinal principles of a good selection policy is drafting players for national duty when they are in red hot form.  

If we consider IPL to be of an international standard - then the form that Harshal is displaying - he should be drafted to play for India. 

Edited by rangeelaraja
25 minutes ago, maniac said:

completely wrong players to compare 

Shankar isnt a t20 player

Harshal isnt a long format player

Shankar is a batsman who can bowl

Harshal is a bowler who can tonk 

Shankar prime skill is batting which is best suited for test and ODI if u want someone like matthews 

Harshal prime skill is bolwing which is suited for t20 that to as of now for certain kind of pitches