Harshal Patel looks like one of India's best death bowlers..should be part of the T20 WC squad

14 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

He is 30- no spring chicken. 

Tons of variations and control. Ability to bowl yorkers at will. 

A much much better choice than Prasidh Krishna, who lacks discipline and cunning bowling at the death.

Should his performances continue, he would along with Bumrah be an awesome pair to bowl the last 4 overs in a tight T20  WC game.

only on dhuus Chennai pitch.  On batting tracks he'll go for 15 runs per over.  with the odd game where he does well.  Good utility player, this generation's joginder sharma, but thankfully Indian selection options are lot better than 2007.

Your patel pride is leaking.:p:

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

only on dhuus Chennai pitch.  On batting tracks he'll go for 15 runs per over.  with the odd game where he does well.  Good utility player, this generation's joginder sharma, but thankfully Indian selection options are lot better than 2007.

Your patel pride is leaking.:p:

I am not a Patel.

He bowls good yorkers and hard to hit lengths in the death overs. These are usually effective regardless of the pitch.

Also, he seems to have good control. He deserves a chance if he keeps performing like this in the rest of the IPL. Afterall, isn't that one of the prime purpose of IPL.

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Afterall, isn't that one of the prime purpose of IPL.

No.

Prime purpose is to make **** ton of money so that all FC cricketers salaries and pensions are nice and generous, ensuring that the quality of Indian cricketers will be top shelf, across formats.  

of course, players who put up consistent IPL performances against top opponents do get due consideration, but that's not the primary purpose.  

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

He is 30- no spring chicken. 

Tons of variations and control. Ability to bowl yorkers at will. 

A much much better choice than Prasidh Krishna, who lacks discipline and cunning bowling at the death.

Should his performances continue, he would along with Bumrah be an awesome pair to bowl the last 4 overs in a tight T20  WC game.

I say play him in the WTC final. Batsmen will keep waiting for his ball to arrive.

At the end of the day he is a trundler salah. Will get exposed badly on flat phattas. Not good enough. Trundlers should never be given too much backing. Ever. People don't pay money or watch illegal streams to see trundlers in action. Fast or phasst bowlers is what they want to want to see. Phasst in the case of Pak.

harshal gujju patel is trying to compete with Shardul and Hardik as the Pace All rounders.

shardul is a better batsman than Harshal and Shardul is a better Pacer than Harshal too. if hardik is fit to bowl he is the best AR for sure.

I agree he is trying to become a smart bowler and he is getting pitches that are making these Smart bowlers look deadly bowlers.

Do understand international Pitches always has a bit of green and one requires smart bowlers who can bowl 140K+ too.

So dont get carried away by these performance in T20"s. captains used to send messages to me that SLOG and hit Sixes or loose your wicket as they wanted other batsman also to bat. T20 is a crazy Game, captains are not sure what is a good score and so some times batsman GIFT their wickets away.

My call is Shardul could be a shade better and Shardul is competing with Hardik. harshal has to improve a bit more..but he is doing OK.

I think he's a good bowler. My one reservation is his potential to bowl hugely expensive overs, as seen last year and in previous years. Even in the last game he bowled two beamers. Let's see how many matches he costs RCB. If it is low to none then yes, I think he should be in contention. The other thing to consider is that he's by no means slow, his quicker balls are up at 130-140kph and he gets good reverse swing with the old ball. 

13 hours ago, The Realist said:

RP Singh approves of such shrewd thinking...

IPL 2021 Expert's Corner | Harshal Patel worked on yorkers, his execution  was brilliant: RP Singh | Cricket News – India TV

RP Singh, for a hot minute, was right up there as a left-arm seamer.  Played a huge role in winning the 2007 Trophy.  

Of course the one time I saw him live, was my first ever test match, where he trundled in, with a pot belly.  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

RP Singh, for a hot minute, was right up there as a left-arm seamer.  Played a huge role in winning the 2007 Trophy.  

Of course the one time I saw him live, was my first ever test match, where he trundled in, with a pot belly.  

What the hell does his opinion as a cricketing analyst have to do with his own lack of fitness/form in his sunset days as an India cricketer. Unrelated.