Why does Virat Kohli struggle in IPL?

Majestic

I mean in international T20s, he averages 52 at strike rate of 139, which is excellent by all standards.

But in IPL, the same stats are averaging 37 at strike rate of 130. The disparity is huge and his strike rate is also low in IPL. Over last two years, Dhawan has played much better than Kohli in IPL.

What do you think is the reason behind his struggle in IPL? It surely is not lack of motivation because he has always said it that he wants to win his team a tournament for this franchise and he has been the part of that team for 13 years which is the most.

2 minutes ago, IndianCapitals said:

if you think virat is struggling you need to look at rohit sharma who has averaged 26 from 2017 IPl onwards at a strike rate in mid 120’s

@zen

Agree that Sharma needs to up his game. His batting can be more of a negative than a positive if he is not being aggressive enough (can play 2016 cricket in 2021). Lucky to be playing among some of the best big hitters in the MI line up 

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

It surely is not lack of motivation because he has always said it that he wants to win his team a tournament for this franchise and he has been the part of that team for 13 years which is the most.

I think he gave up trying to win ipl. It doesn't hurt his brand in anyway, even RCB fans are seeing the humour in never winning the cup, so he's not too stressed

• Captaincy pressure can be one of the things 
  • At times i have felt like he has given to much respect to some below avg domestic bowlers , where as someone like Raina, Dhoni at his peak smashed them and rightly so 
  • Motivation level arent same- In 2012, 2014, 2016 T20 wc he was a man possesed to win the Wc

But all are assumptions