Best bowl out in a tied match

@express bowling @Rightarmfast @rkt.india

Watching this video, I am wondering how some regular international bowlers missed the stumps multiple times like that.

A question for you bowling gurus - it was my understanding that an international level bowler will land the ball exactly where he intends more than 90% of the time.  Is that not true? 

PS: They say that about MLB pitchers too ... that they can thread a needle with the ball every time.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Watching this video, I am wondering how some regular international bowlers missed the stumps multiple times like that.

A question for you bowling gurus - it was my understanding that an international level bowler will land the ball exactly where he intends more than 90% of the time.  Is that not true? 

PS: They say that about MLB pitchers too ... that they can thread a needle with the ball every time.  

I was thinking the same. Pakistanis too missed all their chances against us in that bowl out. 

I guess their is pressure. But how the * can international bowlers fail to hit the stumps so many times. Even good 'gully' bowlers can hit it more often than not. 

15 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

The answer is obvious, all the bowlers forgot their strength and the training that they have taken the entire life. The fast bowlers have been trained running in fast, and going all out. 

Instead, the bowlers took a much shorter run up, ran in very slow, and tried doing something they normally dont practise. How you practise is how you perform.  Had they taken the normal run up, and tried bowling how they bowl normally, they wouldnt miss the stumps.

Edited by Rightarmfast
3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

The answer is obvious, all the bowlers forgot their strength and the training that they have taken the entire life. The fast bowlers have been trained running in fast, and going all out. 

Instead, the bowlers took a much shorter run up, ran in very slow, and tried doing something they normally dont practise. How you practise is how you perform.  Had they taken the normal run up, and tried bowling how they bowl normally, they wouldnt miss the stumps.

Good point. Probably that's why India went with 3 finger spinners (no matter what quality) and all of them hit the stumps. 

PS: I read before their bowlout vs Pak, the Indian team had already practiced for it by conducting a contest among the squad members. Harbhajan, Sehwag and Uthappa came out on top and hence were ultimately chosen. 

Edited by AuxiliA
13 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Great point. Routine and rhythm were completely different.  

On 5/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Same happ in ind pak game, afridi also didnt run in with his normal runup whereas bhajji ran in normally. 

In this game also gayle started bowling unlike how he does. 

On 5/29/2021 at 12:25 AM, Rightarmfast said:

All of you are way overthinking this.  Obvious answer is obvious…

Fixed match.

QED