Countries are opening up for tourism

zen

Countries such as Greece, along with some of the other European countries, have opened up or are in the process of opening up soon ... To visit, you would need to be fully vaccinated for COVID and/or test negative ... Tourist would be allowed from selected countries only ... One would also need to be careful about selecting flights for e.g. if UK is closed for tourism, changing flight there could be a no-no 

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/reopening-soon-a-country-by-country-guide-to-coronavirus-recovery/ 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-international-travel-covid-19/index.html

Edited by zen

Only desperate fools would go on holiday abroad in this climate.

We don't even know what's going to happen next week with covid. Why risk going abroad and catching something?

It's better to wait until a year after things get back to normal.

If you do really want to go, do something in your own country.

25 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

We don't even know what's going to happen next week with covid. Why risk going abroad and catching something?

This is a general info thread ... personally, I have no issues if anyone wants to go anywhere as long as the guidelines are being followed 

Edited by zen

52 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Can we do both? Why is it a either or?

3 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Tourism is stepping up big time here.

Is here = Pak? I doubt foreign tourists would flock as the subcon is on the no travel blacklist of many countries :hmmm:

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Is here = Pak? I doubt foreign tourists would flock as the subcon is on the no travel blacklist of many countries :hmmm:

Domestic tourism mainly. 

UK gave green signal for travel advisory to northern areas just before covid. We need good resorts and cafe in valley areas as well as towns now. 

Spain is opening up as well ... France, Italy, Portugal, etc are likely to open up soon ... Appears as if Europe wants to make something of the summer tourist season ... Of course, the tourists would need to meet certain conditions and could be from selected countries 

Europe will also have a COVID travel pass that would allow tourists to move among selected European countries w/o restrictions - Link

On 6/5/2021 at 9:17 AM, Autonomous said:

Domestic tourism mainly. 

UK gave green signal for travel advisory to northern areas just before covid. We need good resorts and cafe in valley areas as well as towns now. 

Cafe Deli right? ... oops sorry I meant Cafe Tali??? 

On 6/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, zen said:

Athens currently 

^ subscribe to this guy, if you like travel videos 

will check him out.  

Athens reminded me a lot of Bombay - a lot of it is due to the building height rule - IIRC they don't build anything taller than the acropolis in Athens, and as a result there are a lot of 4 to 10 floor residential buildings all over Athens, lot of them stucco, with awnings inthe balcony.  

As a history buff, Athens was one of my favorite places to visit, especially as I was able to combine it with visits to the Knossos palace in Crete, and Akrotiri (think Mohenjo Daro/Pompeii) in Santorini.