Tum Mile Dil Khile (Telusa Manasa)

randomGuy

A legendary song obviously, attempted by a lot of singers (Arijit Singh etc.).. originally by kumar sanu, alka yagnik (parts by Chitra) and telugu version by SP Balasubramaniam, Chitra.

All are marvelous singers and sang excellently, but the female version by Alka stands out in my mind, probably her best singing in her entire career, what a voice here...so, sharing her amazing solo version.

51 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I like this song too.

Recently I learned that the tune was plagiarised from a number by the band Enigma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APW_QwzGg2o

They've some other good tunes too.

Thanks for sharing! I had seen it when I started the thread. so, did not mention music director of Tum mile in OP. Also thought this enigma song copy is the initial portion , rest portion isn't copied I thought...

Btw which singer did you enjoy most(male/female, there are a few versions on YouTube also)?

question is for all...

Edited by randomGuy

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Telusa Manasa from SPB and Chitra is also good. Since it came out first, I prefer that version

This song is so popular and loved by everyone that even padoske manohar chacha aur sunita chachi ke besuri ladki ne bhi ga diya to bohot achha lagta hai.

Having said that, this original version is total GOAT. I consider it India's TOP 10 for our generation. 

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I like this song too.

Recently I learned that the tune was plagiarised from a number by the band Enigma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APW_QwzGg2o

They've some other good tunes too.

Only the rhythms and beats are copied. The melody is as Desi as it gets. 

That happens with most Indian composers, they use the Indian ragas for the basic composition and melody but since you need that commercial sound and beat they rip off western samples. 

obviously there are a few who rip off the entire tune  totally like Anu Malik etc but even in his case this is what happens mostly even if he has original composition.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

How beautiful are the ladies Manisha and Ramya in that song . 2 natural beauties who don’t look like anorexic models or have a face made out of plastic. Real beautiful women and talented actresses.

Manisha Koirala looked ethereal in her movies. Real beauty.

3 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Am I the only who loved Anuradha Paundwals version (offcourse remove the English lyrics). I like feminine touch in a females voice and Anuradhas version is so soothing to hear. And this is coming from someone who LOVES Shreya and Alka. 

Anuradha Paudwal is pure soul, it shows in her voice... feminine touch, emotion, feel. Awesome!! And Chitra's sur and feel are just out of this world in her version...

If Lata would have sang this song in her prime, I guess she would have sounded like how Alka did in this song.

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Telusa Manasa from SPB and Chitra is also good. Since it came out first, I prefer that version

Coffee, how good is your Telugu? Do you have conversational understanding i.e. can you watch a person speaking in Telugu and understand it mostly without any sub-titles?

3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Coffee, how good is your Telugu? Do you have conversational understanding i.e. can you watch a person speaking in Telugu and understand it mostly without any sub-titles?

Yes, a lot of words are common between Telugu and Kannada and even the grammar is similar. Colloquial or rural  Telugu is tough, need sub-titles. In most Telugu movies, it is usually urban setting, so they mix English, Urdu (T’gana region) and Telugu

Edited by coffee_rules

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, a lot of words are common between Telugu and Kannada and even the grammar is similar. Colloquial or rural  Telugu is tough, need sub-titles. In most Telugu movies, it is usually urban setting, so they mix English, Urdu (T’gana region) and Telugu

Telugu movies are usually known for their comedy. That comedy is usually very slang and colloquial usage driven so the subtitles sometimes don’t do justice.

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Telugu movies are usually known for their comedy. That comedy is usually very slang and colloquial usage driven so the subtitles sometimes don’t do justice.

These days the comedy is so stale and unoriginal, doesn’t need any translation. Earlier movie comedy was better

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

These days the comedy is so stale and unoriginal, doesn’t need any translation. Earlier movie comedy was better

agree. Now a days every one tries to imitate the more Kapil Sharma type humor, where there is annoying music effect with an out of  tune Tabla sound or something after every punch line and most of the humor is double meaning or at the expense of someone’s physical appearance or downright rude. 

Edited by maniac

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

agree. Now a days every one tries to imitate the more Kapil Sharma type humor, where there is annoying music effect with an out of  tune Tabla sound or something after every punch line and most of the humor is double meaning or at the expense of someone’s physical appearance or downright rude. 

Bramhanandam is god in comedy