Ideal T20 WC starting XI

Kishan should open for India in WT20. He is a typical white ball dasher that we need in Powerplay.  A left hander as well. 

Shaw should be the 3rd opener. SKY at 3 seems legit with his aggressive stroke play especially against spin.  

Kishan

Rohit

SKY

Kohli+

Pant

Pandya

Jadeja/Sundar

Thakur

Siraj

Bumrah 

R Chahar/Varun C

That's World Cup winning formula in my view.

But Kohli will go for buddies & trundlers in the final XI

Edited by Lone Wolf
1 minute ago, Lord said:

Ideal :

Shaw

Rohit (c)

Kishan

SKY

Pant

Hardik

Jadeja

Ashwin/Sundar

Siraj

Bumrah

VC

Likely

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

Iyer

Pant

Pandya

Jadeja

Sundar/Thakur

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Chahal

The 2nd XI is so so likely...  I am already imagining it to take the field.  Top 4 will kill the game in KO's. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

The 2nd XI is so so likely...  I am already imagining it to take the field.  Top 4 will kill the game in KO's. 

I still left out Dhawan. All possibility of him opening with Rahul at 4

Rohit

Kishan 

Kuli not cause I want him

Sky

pant

Pandya

Sundar

Thakur

Chahar Rahul

Bumrah

Shami

Honestly this would be a beast odi side as well. Would thrash all teams. Just swap Rahul chahar with say bhuvi or siraj and we are good to go. Number 1. 

Ideally I dont even want rohit or kuli. Could easily place Shaw at opening spot. Rahul where kuli is. 

You have to look at who is better suited in their position

Rohit should stick to odis,so does kohli and dhawan

It should be

Shaw

Kishan

Rahul

That provides u better option shaw and kishan can attack from ball one with rahul he can be accumalator as well as dasher

Sky

Pant

Pandya

Sundar

They can attack and provide you late order options

Jaddu

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Shami/thakur

Gives you fire power and ability to pick wickets

Between Rohit and Kohli, only one should be picked in the accumulator role. Better to have Rohit as that accumulato , plus his captaincy is a boost to the side. No Kohli please in an ideal 11. The guy has become all about preserving his batting average. ZERO intent for most part of his innings.

Rohit (c)

Kishan

SKY

Rahul

Pant

Pandya

Shardul/Jaddu

Rahul Chahar

Varun

Nattu

Bumrah

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

1. Shaw

2. Kishan

3. Kohli

4. Rahul / SKY

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja / Krunal

8. Shardul

9. R.Chahar / Ashwin

10. Siraj

11. Bumrah

----  Need 2 absolute dashers at the top, like Shaw and Kishan 

----  Rahul must be told that he either plays at 150+ SR or will be replaced by SKY

----  There must be 6 super stroke players in the top 7. Can't afford more than 1 consolidator.

----  Siraj is bowling wonderful yorkers at will at the end and moving the ball both ways upfront. He is a must.

Edited by express bowling

Not sure as of now, but thinking on terms of 5 bowler which includes thakur. I have never been a fan of Jaddu in t20 . Anyways our top 3 likes to take their time to 7 batsman ka achaar dalna hai. 

Although this makes the tail long

My biggest concern is Hardik bowling fitness looks not to be improving and never liked Jaddu's bowling in t20. So that makes 5th bowling option weak and dnt feel like compromising it for jaddu's batting. 

Another problem is lack of flexibility Kohli n rohit have in their batting, both are slow starters so pushing them down is also an issue . 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not sure as of now, but thinking on terms of 5 bowler which includes thakur. I have never been a fan of Jaddu in t20 . Anyways our top 3 likes to take their time to 7 batsman ka achaar dalna hai. 

Although this makes the tail long

My biggest concern is Hardik bowling fitness looks not to be improving and never liked Jaddu's bowling in t20. So that makes 5th bowling option weak and dnt feel like compromising it for jaddu's batting. 

Another problem is lack of flexibility Kohli n rohit have in their batting, both are slow starters so pushing them down is also an issue . 

we need atleast 6 bowling options.Hardik must bowl 2 overs atleast

Axar can come in for Jaddu.Better bowler and decent hitter.Although I think in UAE,Jaddu's bowling will be okay

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Shaw

2. Kishan

3. Kohli

4. Rahul / SKY

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja / Krunal

8. Shardul

9. R.Chahar / Ashwin

10. Siraj

11. Bumrah

----  Need 2 absolute dashers at the top, like Shaw and Kishan 

----  Rahul must be told that he either plays at 150+ SR or will be replaced by SKY

----  There must be 6 super stroke players in the top 7. Can't afford more than 1 consolidator.

----  Siraj is bowling wonderful yorkers at will at the end and moving the ball both ways upfront. He is a must.

what do you see in Krunal?

1 minute ago, Lord said:

we need atleast 6 bowling options.Hardik must bowl 2 overs atleast

Axar can come in for Jaddu.Better bowler and decent hitter.Although I think in UAE,Jaddu's bowling will be okay

Im thinking of thakur at 7, i like his batting more then jaddu in t20

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

waise bhi top3 itna time kharab krte hai...they hardly leave any time

Jis din collapse hona uss din to waise bhi gaya match

nah after collapse Jaddu will be more useful.Has shown in recent times.

if he can get us to 160 we will be in the game

Its a really hard combo to crack 

Ill make an Ideal 9

1. KL
  2. Rohit
  3. Kohli
  4. Pant
  5. SKY
  6. Hardik 
  7. __________
  8. __________
  9. Siraj 
  10. Rahul Chahar
  11. Bumrah 

We have a huge range of options in batting n bowling but lack of all rounders is messing up the balance (hardik isnt bowling fit so till then he isnt an All rounder)

So ill choose an Attacking option not in batting but in bowling

Those 2 ill select on matchups - 

• Against WI- ill Definately go for Ashwin n Deepak chahar coz they have lefties n they dont like swing and in death Bumran n Siraj will take care of them
  • Against Aus n Eng- ill look to go for Varun. C (but need to know how much have morgan studied about him in KKR). Ill prefer bhuvi over Deepak against these 2 sides or Thakur to add batting
  • Deepak Chahar definately against sides like SL, Bang, WI, PAk as they dont like swing bowling 
  • Against NZ wud be the real headache, Williamson did play bumrah really well when we toured NZ last time